The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
harry and levy EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
harry and levy EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
harry and levy EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
harry and levy EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
harry and levy EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
harry and levy EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
harry and levy EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
harry and levy EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
harry and levy EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

harry and levy Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

4 posters

harry and levy

harry and levy Empty harry and levy

Post by Guest Tue Feb 01 2011, 11:26

Having just listened to Harry on Talksport, I have for the first time realised that we will definitely not achieve anything more than our 4th place of last year under HR.

He was joking about spending money on his tea tonight and glowing over Chelski's signings of Torres and Luiz. He seems totally oblivious to the fact that we have lost any chance of finishing top 4 and he doesn't care if we don't. He also said that once again it was Levy who tried to at the last gasp attempt to sign Adam and Harry had nothing to do with it. What input does Harry actually have in transfers because it sounds to me as though he sits on his a*se and waits for Levy to make the suggestions. This would explain the farsical way we go about signing players in the transfer window. Harry is far too complacent to take us any further which begs the question. Where do we go from here?

Its dangerous to suggest that Harry is sacked because we all know that we could end up as a mid table side again and a major rebuilding exercise would be required again. However, we clearly will not ge back into the top 4 under Harry and I have been one of his biggest fans and am still grateful for what he has done for the club. However, his attitude recently and his comments of Talksport were so annoying. Fergie, Wenger, Mancini or Ancelloti would not have waxed lyrical about an opposing club signing new players and admiring them for it and joking about the non activity of their own club at the same time. This is a total disgrace and I beginning to think that Levy is the one who is making all the effort to ensure we sign the best players possible and Harry justs sits on his laurels.

Harry is not ambitious enough to win us a top 4 place this season and has given up all hope of doing so. Its one thing for fans to feel this way, but you expect the Manager to have a bit more determination instead of joking about competing with Chelski as a non starter!

harry and levy Empty Re: harry and levy

Post by Guest Tue Feb 01 2011, 12:52

Well lought !we have to get on with it, i personally wanted parker and carroll, both were bidded for at what i thought was an inflated price and both bids turned down, imo carroll didnt want to come to spurs probably because he lives up north, and west ham wouldnt let parker go at £10 mill, ffs thats a massive bid for an old fellow like parker.

Many say we missed out on suarez and once again there is for and against the player on this forum.

Yes i am disappointed to say the least because all we got was pienaar and that was a deal done ages ago, and even chelsea tried to nick him off us.

Over the last couple of years we have missed out on players through other teams rebuilding, man city and now liverpool have been a major pain to our transfer dealing.

We have to hope that defoe comes back to form, we have to hope that pav will do what he has done in the past and scored important goals in important games, but i think pavs heart isnt at spurs anymore because the way he has been treated by harry.

Who knows what the future holds ! it might be a blessing in disguise that we didnt get any of those players, liverpool have panic bought, that much is clear to me, i wouldnt be surprised to see carroll and suarez as high priced flops.........as i said ! who knows?
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Tue Feb 01 2011, 18:36

Loughtonlegend wrote:Having just listened to Harry on Talksport, I have for the first time realised that we will definitely not achieve anything more than our 4th place of last year under HR.

He was joking about spending money on his tea tonight and glowing over Chelski's signings of Torres and Luiz. He seems totally oblivious to the fact that we have lost any chance of finishing top 4 and he doesn't care if we don't. He also said that once again it was Levy who tried to at the last gasp attempt to sign Adam and Harry had nothing to do with it. What input does Harry actually have in transfers because it sounds to me as though he sits on his a*se and waits for Levy to make the suggestions. This would explain the farsical way we go about signing players in the transfer window. Harry is far too complacent to take us any further which begs the question. Where do we go from here?

Its dangerous to suggest that Harry is sacked because we all know that we could end up as a mid table side again and a major rebuilding exercise would be required again. However, we clearly will not ge back into the top 4 under Harry and I have been one of his biggest fans and am still grateful for what he has done for the club. However, his attitude recently and his comments of Talksport were so annoying. Fergie, Wenger, Mancini or Ancelloti would not have waxed lyrical about an opposing club signing new players and admiring them for it and joking about the non activity of their own club at the same time. This is a total disgrace and I beginning to think that Levy is the one who is making all the effort to ensure we sign the best players possible and Harry justs sits on his laurels.

Harry is not ambitious enough to win us a top 4 place this season and has given up all hope of doing so. Its one thing for fans to feel this way, but you expect the Manager to have a bit more determination instead of joking about competing with Chelski as a non starter!

ffs im getting really pi**ed off with you Lought, how have we lost any chance of finishing 4th? we are 3 points behind Chelsea and 7 behind Citeh with a game in hand, ill say it again, its a blip, the same strikers that got us 4th and CL football are still here, get a f**king grip. you just cant keep buying new players to bed in every 5 minutes.

BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Tue Feb 01 2011, 19:05

To be fair I am going to stick up for Lought in this instance. Look across the net people. Lought isn't saying anything that other Spurs fans aren't saying. I go onto quite a few other forums and on facebook. These same doubts and worries are being echoed there too. What are forums for if not too discuss what we think about our club good or bad everyone is entitled to a view even if we don't agree.
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Tue Feb 01 2011, 19:14

Loughtonlegend wrote:Having just listened to Harry on Talksport, I have for the first time realised that we will definitely not achieve anything more than our 4th place of last year under HR.

I agree with most of that, i was furuious how he joked lastnight on talksport on the phone to the guys not 5 mins after the window closed lauding up chelsea , i was thinking would anyother manager do this, i got the sense that arry is a bit of a showman and likes the limelight , one thing that does worry me is arry targets, i just dont get the phil neville thing , i also heard other fans talking about there clubs buiness in the market ie chelsea fans and they were saying that the club has to spend big if they want to compete, if you think a club can compete in the top 4 on a shoe string budget it wont happen.

serious questions have to be asked as to why we are so poor in the trasfer market , i also read we offered 5000 grand for phil neville moyes said it was a discrace .

as a club we should be moving constantly forward, not sitting on our laurals and saying well we did well lastyear lets all pat eacother on the back, we should always strive to improve and bring in the best players, unfortunately, our club wont pay the big fee's being banded around and we want to do everything on the cheap yet still expect to be there at the end of the season.
    cynicsid
    cynicsid
    1st Division
    1st Division

Post by cynicsid Tue Feb 01 2011, 19:52

This is a bit defeatist aint it lads??

What can Harry do? we may of made 4th last year (against the odds) but we are up against 3 teams that spend above their pulling power and the brown envelope gang.

Personally I think Levy has done fantastic over the years, but he does it by buying at the right price not spending £35M on a player of what? 10 deacent matches in the top flight?

We could probebly of afforded Torres but we know he's a premadonna that would have gone again as soon as Chelsea or man U came calling.

Spurs did the spend big bucks on star players thing 20 years ago and we paid for it for years after they left.

Team building is about the squad not the stars. Yes we could use a change up front but we still have the players that got us 4th. We have an injury list as long as anyones and with players like Woodgate, King, Thudd, Kaboul all out but still on good wages our hands are tied as far as commiting to more high wage earners, we still have to keep the books right you know.

All we actually need is our best 11 fit and some good support instead of all this n17 bollox and we might just supprise a few people.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Oct 04 2024, 00:43