The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Rubbishing Redknapp! EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Rubbishing Redknapp! EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Rubbishing Redknapp! EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Rubbishing Redknapp! EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Rubbishing Redknapp! EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Rubbishing Redknapp! EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Rubbishing Redknapp! EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Rubbishing Redknapp! EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Rubbishing Redknapp! EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Rubbishing Redknapp! Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

Rubbishing Redknapp!

Rubbishing Redknapp! Empty Rubbishing Redknapp!

Post by Guest Wed Feb 02 2011, 12:30

Reading reports rubbishing harry over his tv comments (transfer window night) is absolutely ridiculous ! if people cant see how committed he is to the spurs cause , if only by his face during a game then thats their fault.

Its born of frustration at not getting that renewed surge of expectation from what a new and big name signing might have created.

I have said that harry wasted time on the beckham coup when he should have been looking elsewhere and thats the only fault i found with the bloke during this window.

He made bids for parker and carroll that were well over the top of the true value of those respective players, he even tried to get parker through the keane deal, but as one west ham fan said to me wednesday morning " if spurs had got parker then we (west ham) may as well give up now "

He didnt rate suarez ! he didnt go in for him, and only time will tell if the panic stricken liverpool hierachy have made a good decision or not in re-investing the torres money straight away.

We all know we needed a striker, harry had many bids knocked back by newcastle, they only sold when the price became too much to turn down, it was well over carrolls true value which you have to base on potential, not what he has achieved.

Harry was active in the market, he knows we need a parker type player in midfield, and he tried again with a charlie adam bid.

You cant rubbish a manager after what he has achieved for spurs in a short time because of his so called inactivity in a crap transfer window when everyone is overpriced and really good players unavailable.

Quote the chelsea and liverpool spending if you like but lets face it, both are desperate ! one club is out of the cl for the first time in years and the other needs to get back on track in the prem title race.

I bet harry did feel relaxed, he couldnt do any more than what he had done already and had failed, what would you have him do on tv ? jump up and down saying " oh my god they wouldnt accept my bid" what the fck do i do now" ?

We have to hope players come back from injury, that defoe starts to score again, and many other things, but rubbishing harry for not buying is absolutely way off line.

Current date/time is Sat Oct 05 2024, 22:18