The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
If not stratford. EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
If not stratford. EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
If not stratford. EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
If not stratford. EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
If not stratford. EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
If not stratford. EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
If not stratford. EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
If not stratford. EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
If not stratford. EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

If not stratford. Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

2 posters

If not stratford.

If not stratford. Empty If not stratford.

Post by Guest Fri Feb 04 2011, 07:04

Then it has to be somewhere else.

No i dont agree that spurs should move to stratford, but for all you who want us to compete with the best in the premiership, you wont get that by staying at a 36.000 capacity stadium.

The real question is ! do you want us to have the spending power of the chelsea,s man utd,s and man city ? because if you do then spurs have to move on.

You bemoan missing out on the big names, you desire the best players in the world but you want to do it on a 36,000 capacity, its time to get real.

Living in the past is fine, staying below the top four is fine if thats what you really want ? but thats not what i hear from the spurs faithful, you want cl competition on a regular basis.

We need a stadium of at least 60,000 to be on a par with the best, the season ticket waiting list suggests we can have regular attendances of that figure.

Protest all you want but something has to be done if you want parity with the best clubs in the premiership, the alternative is losing your best players season in season out to those clubs on the level spurs aspire to.
    cynicsid
    cynicsid
    1st Division
    1st Division

If not stratford. Empty Re: If not stratford.

Post by cynicsid Fri Feb 04 2011, 07:44

Now call me fickle but there's a good plot near my house.lol

The trouble with north london is it's full.

I dont care what anyone say's about the afordabillity of the NPD £450 Million (as a starting price) is a massive, massive risk for our club. it's £100 million more than that lot down the road and they got 1,200 property's to sell out of the deal we get 150 property's a hotel that we will end up running ourselves and a supermarket to rent out. Woopydoo.

I really do think we need a clean slate to build a stadium and a surrounding area that we can control and lets face it, make cash out of. In order to do that we may have to leave the area of Tottenham. It would be great to stay in North london but I wont be crying if we dont.

Our history will travel with us we know that, and wherever we go we will always be Spurs.

To those that say what if we move to Milton Keyens well all I can say is we wont, unless of course the fans do all stop going because we have moved a few miles then we might have to. But there are a lot more fans willing to accept a move than not.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Fri Feb 04 2011, 09:17

Plenty of spare land in North Wales lol. And the Taffies would have a team they could be proud of.

Post by Guest Fri Feb 04 2011, 09:38

They already have Baz. Total Network Solutions FC lol . . . . .
    (thanx to Jeff Stelling for the basis of that quote. He was Soccer Saturday one time and TNS had scored about 6 or 7 and he said "They'll be dancing on the streets of TNS tonight". Classic . . . .)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Oct 05 2024, 20:36