The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Transfer truth, were the funds not there ? EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Transfer truth, were the funds not there ? EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Transfer truth, were the funds not there ? EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Transfer truth, were the funds not there ? EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Transfer truth, were the funds not there ? EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Transfer truth, were the funds not there ? EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Transfer truth, were the funds not there ? EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Transfer truth, were the funds not there ? EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Transfer truth, were the funds not there ? EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Transfer truth, were the funds not there ? Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

2 posters

Transfer truth, were the funds not there ?

Transfer truth, were the funds not there ? Empty Transfer truth, were the funds not there ?

Post by Guest Mon Feb 14 2011, 23:10

Just a thought about what went wrong in the window, the lack of signings.

Did a lot of money gone down the pan with the os plans, and with the ndp ?

I am not up with the financial costs of all these planned projects but i know it would have cost big bucks just to get things moving in the pipeline.

I cant believe that harry didnt have targets to sign, he has proved a dapper hand in the past but he seemed to know that we wouldnt be making any signings.

There seemed a futile attempt at signing blackpools adam, a player we dont need, and evertons neville at a price i would regard as derisory, then all the overseas targets seemed to slip through our hands for one reason or another.

Just a thought.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Transfer truth, were the funds not there ? Empty Re: Transfer truth, were the funds not there ?

Post by BazSpur Mon Feb 14 2011, 23:23

No idea Lew. But I remember at one point Levy was supposed to have said to Arry I want you to spend 40.000000 on new players. Obviously that was paper talk.

Transfer truth, were the funds not there ? Empty Re: Transfer truth, were the funds not there ?

Post by Guest Tue Feb 15 2011, 05:07

Arry said on SSN that Levi was willing to pay 30m for a striker, so there's got to be some funds in the kitty.
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Tue Feb 15 2011, 05:17

we're in the top 10 rich list for clubs, people think 30 mill is to much for us, its not that at all, its the fact levy knows the true value of money he wont just spend for the sake of spending, we could really go out and buy 10 30 million pound players if we wanted, but we dont work like that as a club, levy wont allow it, people say we could do a leeds, nonsense, we could never do a leeds for the simple fact that we have our own money we dont need to borrow to buy

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Oct 05 2024, 22:14