The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Harry in disbelief over wasteful finishing EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Harry in disbelief over wasteful finishing EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Harry in disbelief over wasteful finishing EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Harry in disbelief over wasteful finishing EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Harry in disbelief over wasteful finishing EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Harry in disbelief over wasteful finishing EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Harry in disbelief over wasteful finishing EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Harry in disbelief over wasteful finishing EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Harry in disbelief over wasteful finishing EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Harry in disbelief over wasteful finishing Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

Harry in disbelief over wasteful finishing

Harry in disbelief over wasteful finishing Empty Harry in disbelief over wasteful finishing

Post by Guest Wed Feb 23 2011, 10:54

Tottenham boss Harry Redknapp was in a state of disbelief over his team's poor finishing in their 3-1 defeat at Blackpool.

Spurs could have gone third on Tuesday had they won but they missed a hatful of chances to win the game and ended up 3-0 down with ten minutes remaining.

Roman Pavlyuchenko was guiltiest, missing two great opportunities with headers in the second half that were saved by Richard Kingson in the Blackpool goal when they should have been converted.

The defeat brought to an end Spurs' four-match winning run in the division, but despite Redknapp being shocked at his team profligacy in front of goal, he insisted that they must pick themselves up.

"I've never seen a team miss so many open goals in my life since I've been in football," he said.

Unbelievable

"I keep seeing them miss chances from three yards out, four yards out, six yards out and they can't score and hitting people on the line, it's unbelievable really.

"We started ok and gave away a penalty under no pressure. It's poor to give away a penalty when we did and it gives them a lift.

"Full credit to them, they've done fantastic, but then we get on top and right on half time they push forward and we go in 2-0 down.

"So then we come out second half and it is chance after chance after chance, just needed one goal and the game would have turned upside down. But they just kept missing them, it's unreal.

"We knew it would be difficult tonight. I watched them against Man United when they were 2-0 up, Man United got a goal back and it changed the whole game.

"We needed that goal tonight, at 2-1 I would have taken a draw, but with all the chances we had, I felt we could have won the game.

Sloppy
    "We gave a couple of very sloppy goals away on the break, but what can you do?

"We've been on a good run and have had four straight wins, and obviously I was looking for five but it wasn't to be.

"But credit to Blackpool, they've done unbelievable. It's great for the people of Blackpool, the fans and team and everybody for what they've done.

"But we've just got to pick ourselves up now and go again."

With strikers Pavlyuchenko, Jermain Defoe and Peter Crouch all failing to find the target again in a season where they have scored just seven goals between them all year, Redknapp admitted he was struggling to find the solution.

"Unbelievable. Have a look at their goal tally, for people that normally score goals, it took a deflection in the end for us to score, so it was probably an own goal," Redknapp added.

"But that was how it was tonight, they just couldn't score, the chances were there and going begging, headers three of four yards out waiting for it to hit the back of the net, and not managing it. That's how it goes."

http://www.skysports.com

Harry in disbelief over wasteful finishing Empty Re: Harry in disbelief over wasteful finishing

Post by Guest Wed Feb 23 2011, 11:36

omg even now he wants to take pav goal away

come on harry for once slag sumone else off, ye go on defoe again had 90mins and didnt score.
    harry admit you should of not brought keane and kept darren bent.

im fed up hearing harry take digs at pav and leave the others alone.

7 goals harry and pav has 6 of them. so if you drop pav for the wolves game for defoe then it will show your favoritsim to the players you brough

Harry in disbelief over wasteful finishing Empty Re: Harry in disbelief over wasteful finishing

Post by Guest Wed Feb 23 2011, 11:37

i meant defoe lol
    DJSR
    DJSR
    Admin
    Admin

Post by DJSR Wed Feb 23 2011, 18:25

lought do you know that you can edit your own posts if you make a error Wink just click the edit button below your post, but i suppose this way you will increase your post count lol

Post by Guest Thu Feb 24 2011, 00:42

thanks il try and remember that for next time.

as for pav goal im sure if defoe had scored it harry would of said hes glad defoe off the mark.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Oct 05 2024, 20:36