The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Rushing bale ! EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Rushing bale ! EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Rushing bale ! EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Rushing bale ! EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Rushing bale ! EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Rushing bale ! EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Rushing bale ! EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Rushing bale ! EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Rushing bale ! EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Rushing bale ! Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

4 posters

Rushing bale !

Rushing bale ! Empty Rushing bale !

Post by Guest Thu Mar 03 2011, 02:33

We all want gareth back as soon as possible, its a selfish view thats totally understandable, but i want bale back in one piece, not to break down again clutching his back and out again for months.

I hope harry isnt tempted, because we need him really badly at the moment ! we need him fully repaired, not a patched up job.

If it takes until next season to see this potential worlds best player back in the spurs shirt then so be it.

Or even in the last 5 games left in the prem, thats good too and might just be enough to get us that cl place again.
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Rushing bale ! Empty Re: Rushing bale !

Post by djfitzo Thu Mar 03 2011, 02:47

lewspurs wrote:
    We all want gareth back as soon as possible, its a selfish view thats totally understandable, but i want bale back in one piece, not to break down again clutching his back and out again for months.

I hope harry isnt tempted, because we need him really badly at the moment ! we need him fully repaired, not a patched up job.

If it takes until next season to see this potential worlds best player back in the spurs shirt then so be it.

Or even in the last 5 games left in the prem, thats good too and might just be enough to get us that cl place again.

Surely his been out long enough lew to have recovered?

ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Thu Mar 03 2011, 05:54

Definitely out for the wolves game ...
    I wont be suprised if he also misses the Milan game and a few of our remaining fixtures too...
    We will just have to win without Gareth !

Post by Guest Thu Mar 03 2011, 07:36

Copy & pasted below a piece in todays Mirror. I don't normally hold much faith in Mirror stories but this one could well be on the money (intresting 'arry snippet at the end of the piece about other job offers as well !) . . . . . .

Tottenham winger Gareth Bale is losing his race to be fit for the second leg of his side's Champions League last-16 tie against AC Milan on 9 March at White Hart Lane.
    Full story: Daily Mirror

Tottenham winger Gareth Bale is losing his battle to face AC Milan after being ruled out of Sunday's clash at Wolves.

The 21-year-old, who has been out with a back injury since January, is yet to return to full training with the rest of the squad during a mid-season break in Dubai.

He will miss the Premier League trip to Molineux and is rated as extremely unlikely to make the Champions League last-16 grudge clash against Milan four days later.

It is doubtful whether he would be ready to play if a friendly was arranged at Spurs' Chigwell HQ between now and Milan's visit.

Boss Harry Redknapp may be tempted to rest players for the Wolves trip, but is struggling for numbers in defence.

He also feels the race to finish in the top four is now tighter as Liverpool have dropped out of the running following defeat to West Ham.

"It's between three now for those two places," he said. "The top five now will be the top five at the end of the season, for sure.

"With Liverpool losing again, it's five teams looking for Champions League football next year. It is so important for us and we want to get it again."

Redknapp also revealed he was interested by a job offer from Dubai club Al Ahli last season.

"There was [an offer] and I was intrigued," said Redknapp. "I love coming here [to Dubai]. It's a great way of life; it's safe, no trouble, you can do things, you can go out in the open. I was interested."

Post by Guest Thu Mar 03 2011, 08:03

djfitzo wrote:
    lewspurs wrote:

Surely his been out long enough lew to have recovered?

Agree dj! but if you ever had a back problem it plagues you all your life.

I did my back pulling a nail out of a wall when i was 28, then three years on i was gutting a house and wheel barrowing rubble into a skip...did it again, through my 30s and 40s it went again on numerous occasions.

Did it once loading my car up for a boot sale.

At bales age and depending on what sort of back problem he has ? he should be allowed all the time it needs to heal naturally, i know we want him back but we will benefit long term if he is given as long as it takes.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Thu Mar 03 2011, 09:21

Hoddle suffered with back problems most of his footballing life. Which is why he went to see Eileen Drewery.

Post by Guest Thu Mar 03 2011, 11:08

i blame harry for playing him so much. even when he gets nocked he stays on. harry always rushes players back to quick just look at vdv
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Thu Mar 03 2011, 21:07

Loughtonlegend wrote:i blame harry for playing him so much. even when he gets nocked he stays on. harry always rushes players back to quick just look at vdv

Wasnt Harry responsible for the plague and the 9/11 bombings?

ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Thu Mar 03 2011, 21:16

[quote="djfitzo"]
    Loughtonlegend wrote:i blame harry for playing him so much. even when he gets nocked he stays on. harry always rushes players back to quick just look at vdv

Wasnt Harry responsible for the plague and the 9/11 bombings?

He was in the area .................. allegedly.

I think Lought is on one here DJ, at least I hope he is. After all, he was quite vocal about Harry NOT playing him in the first place.

Post by Guest Fri Mar 04 2011, 02:07

so you dont think harry rushes players back too soon.

djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Fri Mar 04 2011, 04:21

Loughtonlegend wrote:so you dont think harry rushes players back too soon.

I just dont think he has a choice sometime Lought, weve had a bad run this year on the injury front

Post by Guest Fri Mar 04 2011, 06:28

yea somtimes he dont. but sumtimes he does. theres no need to keep bale on all 90 mins if we have a good lead. bring him off and give rose are kranker a run out. i would like to see that young player whos just been recalled and name excapes me. the guy who played aganst charlton be given sum game time
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Fri Mar 04 2011, 07:43

andros townsend

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Oct 05 2024, 22:19