The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Terminator, Robo-Cop & the $6M  Man EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Terminator, Robo-Cop & the $6M  Man EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Terminator, Robo-Cop & the $6M  Man EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Terminator, Robo-Cop & the $6M  Man EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Terminator, Robo-Cop & the $6M  Man EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Terminator, Robo-Cop & the $6M  Man EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Terminator, Robo-Cop & the $6M  Man EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Terminator, Robo-Cop & the $6M  Man EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Terminator, Robo-Cop & the $6M  Man EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Terminator, Robo-Cop & the $6M  Man Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

4 posters

Terminator, Robo-Cop & the $6M Man

Terminator, Robo-Cop & the $6M  Man Empty Terminator, Robo-Cop & the $6M Man

Post by Guest Sun Mar 13 2011, 22:27

Tottenham Hotspur's new shirts could show how tired players are
    Tottenham Hotspur shirts could contain a “computer” that relays players’ biometric signals such as heart rate and temperature to coaching staff and even broadcasters from the start of the 2012-13 season.
    Last week, the club signed a five-year kit deal with American sports clothing manufacturer Under Armour, and the company has confirmed that it is planning to include its “E39” technology in the shirts.

It is comprised of sensors that send second-by-second updates on everything from a player’s heart rate to core body temperature, breathing rate and acceleration.

Smartphones and laptops receive the data so that coaching staff can monitor players’ fitness and performance during training and matches.

The Baltimore-based company, which is understood to have signed a deal with Tottenham Hotspur worth £10 million a season, also wants to share the information with broadcasters. That would give fans unprecedented access to players’ athletic performance and even state of mind during key moments in a match.

Mark Dowley, Under Armour’s executive vice president, said: “We can metrically tell you what is happening to the body of somebody kicking a penalty in front of 60,000 people.

“You can watch his heart rate as he waits to take the kick. For the first time you can see inside an athlete as they perform. It adds to the drama.”

He added: “You could also tell who the best conditioned athlete is on the pitch and over the season, and when to pull a player out because he’s worn out.”

Dowley said he believed that more Premier League teams will be interested in the technology once they see Tottenham employing it.

However, the Premier League would be unlikely to allow the technology to be shared with broadcasters unless it was available to all 20 clubs in the division — something that would probably depend on Under Armour reaching a commercial agreement with the league itself.

The kit would also require regulatory clearance from Fifa, which could mean it is initially limited to training applications at Tottenham.

The technology was developed by Under Armour in partnership with American data software company Zephyr, which produces similar applications for the US military.

Under Armour launched the E39 shirt in Indianapolis at the NFL Scouting Combine last month, a week-long televised showcase of the best emerging American football talent, which saw it successfully share player data with broadcasters.

The company believes E39 could be used successfully in almost any televised sport. It is planning to sell a retail version of the kit.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Terminator, Robo-Cop & the $6M  Man Empty Re: Terminator, Robo-Cop & the $6M Man

Post by BazSpur Sun Mar 13 2011, 23:46

Not sure I like that idea. It might bring more pressure on players to know that everybody can see if they are bottling a penalty lol.

Terminator, Robo-Cop & the $6M  Man Empty Re: Terminator, Robo-Cop & the $6M Man

Post by Guest Mon Mar 14 2011, 01:38

And what if the opposistion can hack into the info ? Would know exactly which players to pressure most. Daft idea me thinks . . . . . . .
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Mon Mar 14 2011, 01:45

Terminator, Robo-Cop & the $6M  Man 994919
    cstmrsking
    cstmrsking
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by cstmrsking Mon Mar 14 2011, 03:25

I Love It.
    DJSR
    DJSR
    Admin
    Admin

Post by DJSR Mon Mar 14 2011, 09:34

I was talking to a fellow spurs fan about this today funnily enough, i think its the future of football, very impressive. Take a player off before he gets injured or about to pull a hamstring for example.

Post by Guest Mon Mar 14 2011, 09:50

I agree with you DJ that it is probably the future. Bit like real time OPTA stats. It shows again that Levy is a forward thinking Chairman (bit like the dual shirt sponsers this season) and isn't afraid to use things like this to the clubs advantage, but for all of that I'm still not convinced with this one. Can you imagine if they sell them to fans in replica shirts ? The way our roller-coaster goes we would be exploding heart monitors all over the place . . . . . . .
    shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur Mon Mar 14 2011, 11:27

heard about these before, a*se were using them in chamachs snood to monitor his neck temperature

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Aug 03 2024, 18:56