The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Madrid here we come EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Madrid here we come EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Madrid here we come EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Madrid here we come EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Madrid here we come EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Madrid here we come EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Madrid here we come EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Madrid here we come EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Madrid here we come EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Madrid here we come Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

3 posters

Madrid here we come

Madrid here we come Empty Madrid here we come

Post by Guest Fri Mar 18 2011, 22:16

COYS . . . .
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Madrid here we come Empty Re: Madrid here we come

Post by BazSpur Fri Mar 18 2011, 22:23

Yep, just seen that Vis. Could have been worse........but not much worse lol. Still, no easy games at this stage.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Fri Mar 18 2011, 22:28

At least we are at away first. If we beat Real we then face Barca or Donetsk.
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Fri Mar 18 2011, 22:30

[b]The toughest draw possible .....to win it we will have to beat Madrid , Barca then probs Chavs or ManUre

Our Path has been chosen , the Glory will be ours ![/b]

Post by Guest Fri Mar 18 2011, 23:14

Stick it in ya diaries Guy's; Tues, 5 April: Real Madrid v Tottenham
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Fri Mar 18 2011, 23:53

I'm on a bit of a high and, at the same time, absolutely gutted.

Nights like these we live for .................. And I can't be there. I'd have remortgaged the house for a ticket to WHL against Real.

Followed by a nigt at WHL against Barca, though I've had one of those nights before.

Superb draw IMO. On our game we can beat anyone ......

Time to prove it.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Sat Mar 19 2011, 01:21

By that time we should have a fully fit team.........well hopefully.

Post by Guest Sat Mar 19 2011, 02:21

Tottenham, who knocked out AC Milan in the last round, will travel to the Bernabeu for the first leg of their tie against nine-time winners Real Madrid.

"You want to play in these games," sais Spurs boss Harry Redknapp. "You want to manage in these games and the fans want to go and see these games. It couldn't be better.

"It's a fantastic draw. What a game to look forward to against one of the greatest clubs in world football.

"To play Real Madrid at this stage of the Champions League is fantastic for us and we're all looking forward to it.

"It's going to be a difficult game, obviously. They are a great side. But you have to look forward to games like this. These are the great days in your life and great days in Tottenham's history.

"We'll go there and give it a real go. It's an exciting game. You couldn't have a more exciting or tougher game.

"I've said all along that the two Spanish clubs were, for me, the favourites to win it.

"We've drawn Real Madrid who are pushing Barcelona all the way for the championship with big players and a fantastic manager. In my opinion, he's one of the all-time greats.

"But we've got a chance against anyone. We feel we can play against anyone and give them a game. We're looking forward to it."

The two clubs met in the quarter-finals of the 1984/85 Uefa Cup when the Spanish side beat 1-0 Tottenham away before a goalless draw at the Bernabeu helped them advance on the way to winning the trophy that season.

But Real have failed to win their last five Champions League encounters against English clubs and have lost four of those games.

Tottenham, who reached the European Cup semi-finals in 1962 when they lost to Benfica, will be out to stop Real manager Jose Mourinho's attempts to become the first man to win the Champions League with three different clubs.

Mourinho led Porto to success in the competition in 2004 and guided Inter to victory last season before making the switch from the San Siro to Spain.

He has guided Real to the last eight for the first time since 2004, with their last win in the Champions League coming in 2002.

Mourinho said: "I'm happy not because it is easy but because I love to play in England."

Real director Emilio Butragueno added: "We are very happy because over the last few seasons we have been unable to get to this round.

"This competition is the most prestigious in Europe. It is going to be a fantastic tie and Tottenham have great, great players, offensive players and are very competitive.

"I'm sure it's going to be very difficult for us. I'm hopeful our team will rise to the occasion."

Spurs signed playmaker Rafael van der Vaart from Real last summer and Butragueno said: "Rafael van der Vaart is a fantastic player and a great person and professional and I'm happy he's been very successful.

"I'm sure he'll strive to do a great game and help his team qualify for the semi-finals."

The tie between them promises goals as Tottenham, managed by Harry Redknapp, and Real have scored the most goals in the competition of the remaining teams with 19 apiece, although the Spanish team have let in only three while Spurs have conceded 11.

If Spurs do progress, they have been drawn to be at home for the first leg of a semi-final against favourites Barcelona or last-eight debutants Shakhtar.

Post by Guest Sat Mar 19 2011, 03:35

nice draw. could of been much worse.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Aug 03 2024, 18:30