The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Bad tempered ! EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Bad tempered ! EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Bad tempered ! EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Bad tempered ! EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Bad tempered ! EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Bad tempered ! EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Bad tempered ! EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Bad tempered ! EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Bad tempered ! EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Bad tempered ! Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

4 posters

Bad tempered !

Bad tempered ! Empty Bad tempered !

Post by Guest Sun Mar 20 2011, 06:01

Heard the game on five live, total domination but no goals, in fact the commentators said how bad west ham were with no idea what to do.

I thought pav could have come on earlier, but my only comment is that we are paying the price for not getting a new striker in the window...having said that ! who was available.

Couple of scotch,s and i ended the game in a foul mood.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Bad tempered ! Empty Re: Bad tempered !

Post by BazSpur Sun Mar 20 2011, 07:35

I was so p*ssed off at the final whistle Lew. I think it's fairly obvious we need new Strikers. Hope Arry and Levy get their fingers out in the Summer.
    shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur Sun Mar 20 2011, 08:35

but if were not in the champs lge ? = 2nd rate strikers only wanting to come to us. classic catch 22 scenario.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Sun Mar 20 2011, 08:42

Yep, it's gonna be hard Shear.

Post by Guest Sun Mar 20 2011, 09:18

It was hard last season and we done it. The results we got last April defined the season for us. We can do it again. To dare is to do . . . . . . .

Post by Guest Sun Mar 20 2011, 18:23

Even my faith in defoe is waning and i am one of his greatest fans, but what is the problem, is it vdv and the part he plays for us ? should defoe being playing week in week out with pav ?

I was sure defoe was going to hit a rich vein of form in the last guarter of the season.
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Sun Mar 20 2011, 21:28

I don't think you can put it down to VDV Lew, Defoe could have had a hattrick yesterday but didn't. He was very poor in his shot placement really and has been for the better part of his stop start season.

He's not good enough to lead the line, none of our strikers are really. I've been saying that we need better since last season and stand by that.

Post by Guest Mon Mar 21 2011, 01:06

i think harry might do that in the summer ion, i am even thinking was keane a mistake out on loan ?

But i still think we can do it, not sure if a draw between chelsea and city today might suit us to keep them both in range, or a chav victory ?

Its still a very good spurs side, west ham had 2 players on bale and lennon and it freed up modric who had a great game............thats the strength of the midfield, probably the best in the prem....just wanted one shot to go in, how frustrating.
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Mon Mar 21 2011, 02:55

I dont know why so many of us still have these expectations of Defoe .......Scorer with his powerfull shoots on goal yes but its the opportunities that require of the forward a calm finnese is where he has been found wanting throughout his career ... However many DVDs of Jimmy Greaves or Clive Allen are thrown his way, he just dont get it !

Also, Ive learnt today that on Friday evening his grandmother sadly passed away and despite informing Harry that he hardly slept all night, was insistant on playing and played !

And Lew , about Keane going out on loan, I were never happy about that..For me, the best two strikers at the club were Keane and Pav and although the russian is no Berbatov, Im sure a partnership couldve developed if given the chance but Harry preffered the other opton...

Post by Guest Mon Mar 21 2011, 06:57

I dont think anyone was aware of defoes sad news arnie, i certainly wasnt, but i get your point you have to be calm in front of goal and maybe defoe snatches at a few.

Berbatov and keane were a good combo ! and could be still if berbatov hadnt been so selfish, take away his goals for utd and add them to our tally....who knows?

Post by Guest Mon Mar 21 2011, 09:15

berbatov if he was still here would have a lot of goals playing in our team.

i think deep down harry getting fed up with defoe now. plus harry been playing pav more in the league then crouch recently.

it will intresting who leaves as before it would of been pav. now it could be any of them if a good offer came in

Post by Guest Tue Mar 22 2011, 14:19

Was bad tempered at the final whistle but sharon massaged my bad back with baby oil and all was well again, lol! jocolor
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Tue Mar 22 2011, 22:07

Baby Oil? You are well pampered fella lol!

Post by Guest Wed Mar 23 2011, 06:21

She needs to keep me fit and able baz.....................cant have a bad back playing guitar can i.... lmao lmao lmao lmao
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Wed Mar 23 2011, 07:35

lol!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Aug 03 2024, 20:14