The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Hudds back!! EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Hudds back!! EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Hudds back!! EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Hudds back!! EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Hudds back!! EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Hudds back!! EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Hudds back!! EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Hudds back!! EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Hudds back!! EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Hudds back!! Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+2
LOBO
djfitzo
6 posters

Hudds back!!

djfitzo
    International
    International

Hudds back!! Empty Hudds back!!

Post by djfitzo Wed Mar 23 2011, 23:05

http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/articles/harry-boosted-by-toms-return-230311.html
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Hudds back!! Empty Re: Hudds back!!

Post by LOBO Thu Mar 24 2011, 00:03

Good news, i rate Hudd he has imo been a big miss for us this season his passing ability is second to none
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Thu Mar 24 2011, 00:34

Careful Lobo and one misplaced pass from young Tom and your bro Lought will cry "off with his head" lol

Post by Guest Thu Mar 24 2011, 01:01

yep we missed hudd. hes 1 of my favorites here.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Thu Mar 24 2011, 01:12

That is great news. I think we have definately missed his vision and that something extra he brings to our game. Just wonder how Arry is going to work it out now. Bale into left back Modders on left midfield so he can accommodate Sandro and Hudd? I am quite excited by this news. It will be like having a new player.

Post by Guest Thu Mar 24 2011, 01:32

yep ill go along with that baz.

hudd is a player i dont think i have ever slagged off.

he can change from defence to attack with 1 pass.

he has awarness and vison
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Thu Mar 24 2011, 03:32

Yep its good news , we've missed the big fellah ...

The only downside as I see it is that there are so few games to get him back up to match speed, erm Hudd speed ...I'm sure you know what I mean lol

Post by Guest Thu Mar 24 2011, 06:57

I've always said this guy can be better than Beckenbaur in his prime. Here's hoping he comes back refreshed, more mature and ready to play alongside Sandra . . . . ..
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Thu Mar 24 2011, 07:31

I can't see Harry starting him in all honesty, not while Sandro is playing out of his skin alongside Modric. It's a difficult one this as The Hudd has never really been an impact player. He always struck me as finding it difficult to find the pace of a game coming off the bench so I hope I'm wrong and he does start. I'd rather have him knackered after a half and subbed than the other way around, but I just don't see Harry making wholesale alterations to a team that, while not scoring shedloads, is playing very well.

I think he'd rush The Hudd back if we weren't creating chances but we are and in spades too. It's our forward line that is having trouble and putting The Hudd on won't change their chance conversion rate.

Post by Guest Thu Mar 24 2011, 07:59

Here's a thought for you Ion. How about Thudd up-front as a big-ole, old fashioned style, centre-forward ? The guy has the build. Has he the presence ? He has the touch and panache but could he turn it into a "classic" forwards role ? 30 minutes into the 2nd half and stale mate. Stick Thudd up-front and let him create havoc. Just a thought from the leftfield, but worth a thought . . . . . .. . .
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Thu Mar 24 2011, 08:14

Our next two games are away to Wigan April 2nd and away to Real Madrid on the fifth. Be intresting to see our starting elevens in those two games if Hudd is available ..

Im sure Sandro and VDV will start in the Bernabeu so maybe one or both even, will not feature at the DW and Hudd will ?

Post by Guest Thu Mar 24 2011, 09:35

Same question as for Ion Arnie. Last 15/20 minutes Thudd up-front ? Worth a try ? Me ? I think so. Maybe we could find a new role for him & do away with our mis-firing strikers ? (Te he he). . . . . . . . ..
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Thu Mar 24 2011, 11:15

VisionarySound wrote:Here's a thought for you Ion. How about Thudd up-front as a big-ole, old fashioned style, centre-forward ? The guy has the build. Has he the presence ? He has the touch and panache but could he turn it into a "classic" forwards role ? 30 minutes into the 2nd half and stale mate. Stick Thudd up-front and let him create havoc. Just a thought from the leftfield, but worth a thought . . . . . .. . .

It did cross my mind Vis, TBH, but I don't think he has the mindset or the positional sense. The Centre Halves would eat him alive and, if they don't, will use every trick in the book to make it look like he's fouling them. It happens to Crouch all the time and he's an established Centre Forward.

The Hudd certainly would create havok, but to our attack rather than their defence. Plus you'd be taking away his greatest asset, his passing ability. That is where he is most dangerous. If we were to get desperate enough I'd rather stick Dawson or Gallas up front and have The Hudd cover. He'd still be able to ping the long balls to feet and he'd be better at bringing Lennon and Bale into the game with the out ball. Then we can utilise the big man up front with crosses from the flanks.
    totalytot
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by totalytot Thu Mar 24 2011, 21:20

What a sad state of affairs when we are discussing the possibilty of Hudd playing up front. Just shows what a bad situation we are in for strikers.

For what it's worth I think he would be to slow.

Mikey M
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Thu Mar 24 2011, 22:29

totalytot wrote:

What a sad state of affairs when we are discussing the possibilty of Hudd playing up front. Just shows what a bad situation we are in for strikers.

Mikey M

Jesus Mikey, chill out. It's not like it's being seriously considered and we're only in trouble if Harry is the one speculating on the idea.

I don't reallt think pace is that much of an issue if your brain is moving 2 moves ahead of the game, Teddy had that because he had no pace either. But The Hudd isn't a striker, doesn't think like a striker and is more geared to sendng a ball than receiving it.

I don't think he'd make it as a striker as long as my asshole points downwards!
    lol!
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Thu Mar 24 2011, 23:40

ionman34 wrote:
    totalytot wrote:

Mikey M

Jesus Mikey, chill out. It's not like it's being seriously considered and we're only in trouble if Harry is the one speculating on the idea.

I don't reallt think pace is that much of an issue if your brain is moving 2 moves ahead of the game, Teddy had that because he had no pace either. But The Hudd isn't a striker, doesn't think like a striker and is more geared to sendng a ball than receiving it.

I don't think he'd make it as a striker as long as my asshole points downwards!
    lol!

Ah, but what if your doing a handstand?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content