The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
VDV EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
VDV EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
VDV EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
VDV EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
VDV EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
VDV EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
VDV EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
VDV EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
VDV EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

VDV Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+2
ArnieArdiles
BazSpur
6 posters

VDV

VDV Empty VDV

Post by Guest Thu Mar 24 2011, 00:37

From today's Independent . . . . . .

Rafael van der Vaart has said that he wants to be substituted less often by the Tottenham manager Harry Redknapp. The Dutch midfielder walked straight down the tunnel after being withdrawn in last Saturday's match against West Ham United. His conduct drew criticism from Redknapp but Van der Vaart said that while he did not agree with his manager's decision, he was confident that the disagreement will have "blown over" by next week.

"I read that Harry Redknapp wanted to talk with me, but I did not see him before I left for Holland," Van der Vaart told the Dutch newspaper De Telegraaf. Redknapp had said of Van der Vaart's return to the dressing room that "if you are part of a team you should stay to watch the rest of the game." The former Real Madrid midfielder, however, disputed both his manager's criticism and his repeated substitutions.

"But at Tottenham they cannot be angry with me," he said. "I also did the same thing against AC Milan. I played well, and did not find the substitution necessary. Often I like to play 90 minutes, but at Spurs that hardly ever happens. I won't be back for 10 days, by then a lot of it will have blown over."

VDV Empty Re: VDV

Post by Guest Thu Mar 24 2011, 00:50

yea i read that last night and thought i wont post that on here.

i do think its a lot about nuffing though.

my take on it though is he shouldnt be starting and used as a sub untill he gets hes form back.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Thu Mar 24 2011, 02:07

No player is bigger than etc, etc. He ought to accept the managers decision but as Lought says I am sure it's a lot of noise about nothing.
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Thu Mar 24 2011, 03:26

BazSpur wrote:No player is bigger than etc, etc. He ought to accept the managers decision but as Lought says I am sure it's a lot of noise about nothing.

'I am sure it's a lot of noise about nothing'

Im not so sure , been reading that Harry has his eyes on merseyside with Joe Cole back on his radar again ... Wouldnt suprise me next season VDV is gone with Cole reunited with Harry and theres the right back Johnson too ...

Harry loves his old charges...
    shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur Thu Mar 24 2011, 03:32

christ, not joe cole please harry, hes well past his sell by now. no thanks its a backward step for me.
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Thu Mar 24 2011, 03:34

shearspur wrote:christ, not joe cole please harry, hes well past his sell by now. no thanks its a backward step for me.

For me too Shear ....But its seems to be appearing on lots of websites now that its going to happen ...
    cstmrsking
    cstmrsking
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by cstmrsking Thu Mar 24 2011, 04:34

What! Cole, he has been in Blistering form for Pool. They'll never get rid of him. No

Post by Guest Thu Mar 24 2011, 06:50

Joe Cole ? f*ck him, has-been ! ! ! As for VDV and his strops. Hey geezer, we at Spurs gave you a life-line from Real. Please respect the club you are playing for. I hope this is no more than a spat, but the line of him having 10 days off speaks volumes. Would Bale or Lennon get that much time off ? Of course not. If VDV trained more (instead of going back to Holland) he may just last the whole 90 minutes . . . . . . . .
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Thu Mar 24 2011, 08:40

We have to bear in mind this is the second time VDV has walked off down the tunnel rather than sit on the bench for the remainder of a game and maybe, Harry spoke to him about it after the first time ?

Apparently they didnt speak after the West Ham game so we can make of that what we want but if theres has been a breakdown in the manager's relationship with VDV and he now wants him out then Joe Cole could be a reality ...

I think we will do buisness with Liverpool this summer with Cole and Johnson coming here and Kranjcar going the other way and I dont like the idea ...

Post by Guest Thu Mar 24 2011, 09:43

Me neither Arnie, but you may just be on the scent of something regards the Scouse connection. The VDV question is, for me, one of disrespect to team mates. Surely he should be sat there, unless injured and then Lought's theory is correct, and supporting his colleagues ? Call me old fashioned but I thought football was still a team game . . . . . .
    cstmrsking
    cstmrsking
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by cstmrsking Thu Mar 24 2011, 09:50

Old Fashioned.

Post by Guest Thu Mar 24 2011, 10:09

OK Kingy, so do you feel that VDV should be allowed to stomp off and see the final result ?
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Thu Mar 24 2011, 10:12

I can remember watching an interview with brian clough and he said if a player subbed and comes of the pitch and spits feathers then kicks sand in your face and doesnt talk to you for the rest of the week thats the kind of player he wants in his team , anyone who is happy to be subbed isnt worth it , unquote

Post by Guest Thu Mar 24 2011, 10:17

Well 'arry ain't Cloughie Lobo and s much as I agree with that sentiment, today's football is all about squads but still the team ethic should hold strong; and why does he get 10 days off work and also an early finish as well(substituted) ? It will be intresting to see how this situation works out. VDV off at the Bernabeau while his team mates are holding for a famous victory and he throws a hissy fit and disapears for awhile . . . . .
    cstmrsking
    cstmrsking
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by cstmrsking Thu Mar 24 2011, 20:14

VisionarySound wrote:OK Kingy, so do you feel that VDV should be allowed to stomp off and see the final result ?

Vis, I agree. VDV as with all team members should respect the managers decision and stay til the end. It dont send out a good message to your team mates.

The call me old fashioned bit, was just for fun.
    totalytot
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by totalytot Thu Mar 24 2011, 21:07

The problem is you can see a theme running through this. It all comes down to qualifying for next year CL. We are unlikely to qualify by finishing top 4 the way we are dropping points and games are running out now. So we will have to win it and with RM and Barca in our way it looks pretty tough and not likely to happen.....but I still have faith....so possibly VDV is looking for a move. The big problem is that we all know Harry favours his old players and the talk of Cole and Johnson coming to the Lane is very strong in all the media and seems like it could happen. I wonder if he and Levy expect certain players to go in the summer, VDV, Bale, Modric with Cole and Johnson as replacements. If so we would be back to middle table and a fight with about 6 or 7 other clubs for a Euro league place.

Cole's good days have passed him by and Liverpool want to off load him and he has nothing to offer us. Johnson would be a bigger mistake especially when we have Englands next,or possibly current right back on our books already with Walker, or do the club intend to sell him. What a joke that would be, us with the ex England RB and AV or some other club with the current one.

I do worry a bit about next season and what our team might be as I don't care what club you are, money talks and if some of the figures banded about for Bale and Modric are true then add what VDV is worth then £100 mil would be difficult for the club to turn down. But TURN it DOWN they should if we are to go anywhere and have a future as a top club in Europe.

I know these players have good contracts and Bale has just signed a new 4 year deal but who's to say they don't have clauses to say they can move if a certain figure is offered. Heads can turn when the big names of Europe come a calling.

I generally don't take to much notice of what the media say but the Bale, Modric leaving and the Johnson Cole coming has been going on for some weeks now and I am a little concerned to say the least.

If it did happen I would lose a lot of respect for our chairman and manager and would show me that Harry is just a yes man with no balls. But then Harry is only here for another season and he will be off to manage England any way, so would he care to much?

Mikey M

Last edited by totalytot on Thu Mar 24 2011, 21:11; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Put Championship instead of Euro League)
    shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur Fri Mar 25 2011, 02:41

trouble is we have all tasted the champs lge now, players, supporters, chairman, manager and share holders and we all want another piece of it seeing as how well we have done in it so far.until we get that stadium holding 50 - 60000 of us its gonna be like this for a long time unless we have a billionaire come along. i didnt want the olympic stadium though so i am maybe more philisophical about it all, yeah i would love us to be in it again but is it really the be all and end all cos there is 16 others wont be in it so whats the point for all of them.its not over yet and we can still make it, and i dont think there will be a mass exodus of players if we dont. one or two maybe but they can be replaced and carry on for the battle next season with a great squad and additions and our loan players back who knows, we will be there or thereabouts so lets enjoy what weve built cos its the best period for ages. coys
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Fri Mar 25 2011, 06:53

Love that post Shear. Have one of Kingy's Green Sticks.

Post by Guest Fri Mar 25 2011, 07:00

the players harry always seem to be linked with scare me.

i dont want joe cole here. i dont want glen johnson here either
    harry wanted judas david james parker anton ashley young
    and muntarie to name a few

all we need is a stiker.

Post by Guest Fri Mar 25 2011, 07:02

we have wp sandro hudd modric and jenas so thats enought midfilders.

bentley ohara alwick robbie keane gio can all go plus 1 other striker.

i wouldn mind ohara stayin as i think he be usefull sqaud member
    shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur Fri Mar 25 2011, 07:05

see they have loaned out south african khumalo to preston already, got a feeling we wont be seeing much of him in the spurs shirt.
    shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur Fri Mar 25 2011, 07:29

thanks baz, for green stick

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Jul 12 2024, 18:02