The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
VDV (again) EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
VDV (again) EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
VDV (again) EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
VDV (again) EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
VDV (again) EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
VDV (again) EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
VDV (again) EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
VDV (again) EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
VDV (again) EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

VDV (again) Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

3 posters

VDV (again)

VDV (again) Empty VDV (again)

Post by Guest Mon Mar 28 2011, 03:14

From caughtoffside.com. LOL it likes like Red Nose is desperate to bag him-self a Yid . . . . . .

Manchester United are reportedly planning a move to lure Tottenham playmaker Rafael Van Der Vaart to Old Trafford. The Dutch international has been in excellent form since his move to White Hart Lane last August and has spearheaded the North London side’s push for a second successive top four finish as well as helping to guide the club to the Champions League Quarter-Finals.

Having been rebuffed in his advances for Luka Modric and Gareth Bale, Ferguson hopes to bring in the former Real Madrid, Hamburg and Ajax man to help improve Man United’s goal scoring threat from their midfield and is apparently willing to spend up to £25m on Van der Vaart more than three times what Spurs paid to sign the playmaker last summer.

A move for the talented midfielder may be helped if Tottenham fail to clinch a top four spot and the promise of being able to battle for major honours may tempt Van der Vaart into making a move to Old Trafford. Manchester United lack goals in their midfield with the likes of Darren Fletcher, Anderson and Michael Carrick rarely getting on the scoresheet and Paul Scholes has become less of an attacking threat in recent years whereas previously he regularly weighed in with crucial goals.

Manchester United are apparently set to conduct something of a clearout this summer with Owen Hargreaves and Michael Owen not likely to be offered new deals on completion of their current contracts and there is growing speculation that Gabriel Obertan, Bebe, Jonny Evans, Darron Gibson and Danny Welbeck may also be leaving the club.

Rafael Van Der Vaart may feel indebted to Tottenham for helping to revive a career that was stagnating at the Bernabeu but the 28 year old may find interest from the Premier League table toppers to hard to ignore.

cstmrsking
    cstmrsking
    Premiership
    Premiership

VDV (again) Empty Re: VDV (again)

Post by cstmrsking Mon Mar 28 2011, 07:53

If true, and if there any truth of A spat between Harry vdv after the subing incidence, I could see a cashing-in given the money we paid for him. Levy likes a deal and Harry if he still with us likes to spend. ( and we could do with a spend up next window)
    What scares me is Harry going rumaging through Red noses bargain bucket. Michael Owen! Carrick offered as part cash part swop deal. (Scared now)
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Mon Mar 28 2011, 08:16

Don't want Carrick or Owen thank you. Why should we take Old red nose cast offs? For one of our better players?
    cstmrsking
    cstmrsking
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by cstmrsking Mon Mar 28 2011, 09:19

Baz I agree. Dont wont em and we dont need em. Arry just worries me sometimes with his choice of players he wants in sometime.

Post by Guest Mon Mar 28 2011, 10:15

they can have him for hernandez or rooney.

totalytot
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by totalytot Mon Mar 28 2011, 18:29

I don't think VDV has been long enough at the club to want to show any loyalty.....but then who has these days?.....But we don't want to keep being a feeder club to Utd if these players want to go then sell them overseas like most of the top clubs do.Or more importantly just say NO!!!

Mikey M
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Mon Mar 28 2011, 21:06

Spot on Mikey.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Jul 12 2024, 20:22