The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
the specal 1 EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
the specal 1 EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
the specal 1 EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
the specal 1 EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
the specal 1 EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
the specal 1 EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
the specal 1 EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
the specal 1 EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
the specal 1 EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

the specal 1 Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+2
HotspurRoper
BazSpur
6 posters

the specal 1

the specal 1 Empty the specal 1

Post by Guest Fri Apr 15 2011, 07:03

One word - Humble

I would be overjoyed if he came to spurs. Everything he touches turns to gold (and goals), he is an honest manager and loves the english league and London. And in all honesty, it looks more likely that this scenario will play out IF harry decides to go to the National side after Euro 2012.
    Thoughts?

the specal 1 Empty Re: the specal 1

Post by Guest Fri Apr 15 2011, 07:05

VIS i found that and thought id post lol

anyway jose last night so humble. he looked at home last night at spurs compared to twitcy.

he even shake every spurs player. jose the Legend has done more in 5 years then harry done in 50 and not sent a single team down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 15 2011, 07:05

You would love him until he lost his 1st game Lought then you would bitch about him . . . .

Post by Guest Fri Apr 15 2011, 07:07

but thats it he dont lose. he dont put up with sh*t perfomances. if you aint trying he wil drag you off.

no more favorites. no more losing to man u and bendn over to fergie like steve bruce and mark hughes do. this guy hates losing

Post by Guest Fri Apr 15 2011, 07:11

Its an interesting point actually. I was watch Sunday Supplement a few weks back and Rob Beasley had spent a week out in Madrid with Jose about ten days or so before or first legs.

The general consensus according to Beasley is that Mourinho will take his next appointment in England and more than likely London. He will stay at least till the end of of 2011-2012 before the club and himself come to a mutual decision.

What also was interesting was the fact that Mourinho apparantly made it clear that the clubs he has been at already have a blueprint for success and his next appointment he wants to be more long term rather than the 2-4 years and upping sticks. So for that he wants a club that are at an almost stage and need someone to come in and really make that final difference which I guess is perfect for his ego given that history will then dictate that it was Jose who made the difference. Beasley also stated that Moruinho wouldnt neccessarily want a massive warchest, just enough to be able to put his stamp and style on the team and club plus a chairman he could really work with and build a relationship with.

So with all those factors considered, I would say he is more likely to plump for Spurs as opposed to City although if they have a vacancy at that time then it would be a tight call. the one thing that could swing it for us is that I think Jose has always had more respect for Spurs and Man Utd than any of the other teams in the Premiership due to his relationships with the managers at that time and he does speak well of our club in general.

Just a thought, but maybe, just maybe?

Post by Guest Fri Apr 15 2011, 07:11

so vis would you want jose here

Post by Guest Fri Apr 15 2011, 07:22

Not particulally. I find the man an egotistical bore. He seems more intrested in his own personal status rather than any club he is at. But should this most unlikely scenario unfold than I would support him as I would support any manager or player at Spurs . . . . . .
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Fri Apr 15 2011, 08:06

Didn't he lose to a lower placed team last weekend? Didn't some record go with it? So he does lose games then.

Post by Guest Fri Apr 15 2011, 08:56

yes baz 1 game hes lost at home in 8 years or sumthing. and thatr was a 2nd string team.

HotspurRoper
    HotspurRoper

Post by HotspurRoper Fri Apr 15 2011, 17:33

Whats this Baz..... Mouriniho..... Human after all. Never!!!
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Fri Apr 15 2011, 19:33

Loughtonlegend wrote:but thats it he dont lose. he dont put up with sh*t perfomances. if you aint trying he wil drag you off.

no more favorites. no more losing to man u and bendn over to fergie like steve bruce and mark hughes do. this guy hates losing

Bang on mate

Although in reality i can't see jose coming to spurs , saying that we have the money to match any wages hes offered elsewhere, it would be nice because he is the best manager in the world by a country mile, where ever he goes he brings instant rewards , he did it with Chelsea & Inter and now he looks likely to be success with Real .. he is proven without a shadow of doubt , but manager's like him are hot property and don't come cheap.

Maybe when arry takes the england job we might see him here who know's i got a feeling though its not about the manager at spurs it's the chairmen & board, they always seem to have there mind set on other matters and always drag there feet when it comes to the transfer window , ill expect we will do it again this summer .. spurs wont pay top dollar so don't expect top names , unless hes going on the cheap of course " vdv " :P
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Fri Apr 15 2011, 20:11

Ive alreay posted this, but i will do it again, Jose has NEVER had to manage a club in deep trouble
    and all of his success has been with top notch teams.

Porto - inherited a very good team that when he left sold all their best players for fortunes

Chelsea - inherited a very good team and had a fortune to spend to reinforce

Inter - inherited a very good team and had a lot of money to spend

Real - inherited a very good team and has since spent a fortune and has got nowhere near Barca.

How the f**k can you compare him to Harry?

Post by Guest Sat Apr 16 2011, 02:26

go look at the team harry had at west ham

joe cole rio lampard and they went down. harry spent loads at portsmouth. anyway he wanted he got and they went down.

jose took over a porto team and made them win the champions league with averge players.
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Sat Apr 16 2011, 03:03

Loughtonlegend wrote:go look at the team harry had at west ham

joe cole rio lampard and they went down. harry spent loads at portsmouth. anyway he wanted he got and they went down.

jose took over a porto team and made them win the champions league with averge players.

bollox

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:AS_Monaco_vs_Porto_2004-05-26.svg

look at that team and all of them internationals and all went for big money and look at who that played,

Jose is special in his own lunchtime, even at the end in Chelsea when the Ruski stopped buying players
    he stopped winning things and left.

Post by Guest Sat Apr 16 2011, 03:21

i had only heard of a few of them before jose came along. hardly a team of greats.
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Sat Apr 16 2011, 03:35

djfitzo wrote:Ive alreay posted this, but i will do it again, Jose has NEVER had to manage a club in deep trouble
    and all of his success has been with top notch teams.

Porto - inherited a very good team that when he left sold all their best players for fortunes

Chelsea - inherited a very good team and had a fortune to spend to reinforce

Inter - inherited a very good team and had a lot of money to spend

Real - inherited a very good team and has since spent a fortune and has got nowhere near Barca.

How the f**k can you compare him to Harry?

Harry is a good manager not in the same league as jose

and if the above can be said of harry, didnt he inherit a great team ?

Its ok having all the tools in the box, its knowing how to use them what makes jose the best
    Achelloti has inherited a great team but still hasnt brought success ..
    Boltjean
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by Boltjean Sat Apr 16 2011, 04:43

In the paper today it said that Mouriniho would love to manage Man United when Fergie retires from the game. I do not think there is a chance in hell of us getting him for the simple reason he will want top name players coming in and I can not see Levy paying the kind of money it would take to bring those kind of players to Spurs or the wages they demand. Should Harry go I am not sure who I would want as our manager, well I do know but I wont go there, but it would not surprise me if it was Sven Erickson.

Post by Guest Sat Apr 16 2011, 04:49

sven lol there would be hell on here if that plank comes here. i would rather somone like owen coyel here until jose comes home

Post by Guest Sat Apr 16 2011, 05:52

Jose comes home ? Sounds like a fekin Disney movie . . . . .
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Sat Apr 16 2011, 08:10

Loughtonlegend wrote:i had only heard of a few of them before jose came along. hardly a team of greats.

That just shows your lack of knowledge Lought, more then half that team was the Portuguese national squad.

Post by Guest Sat Apr 16 2011, 08:27

yea i new about 4 of them before 2004.

i dont recal Portugual doing too welll before 2003
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Sat Apr 16 2011, 19:58

I'd love to see Niel Warnock, a no nonsense man , always expects from his players, he would be my ideal manager

Post by Guest Sun Apr 17 2011, 01:31

LOBO wrote:I'd love to see Niel Warnock, a no nonsense man , always expects from his players, he would be my ideal manager

Neil warnock,for me lob or owen coyle, and lought its common knowledge that mourinho wants to manage man utd, him coming to spurs wont happen............is the moon made of cheese?

Post by Guest Sun Apr 17 2011, 02:04

he will come here. mark my words.

fergie aint guna retire yet.
    arsenal wont let wenger go
    chelsea no way not after what happend before

spurs or man c

spurs have better team spirt better atmospher. better players
    if he goes to man c then it wil only be cos of the money he wil have plus if he does go man c then he knows man u fans will hate him
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Sun Apr 17 2011, 20:38

lewspurs wrote:
    LOBO wrote:I'd love to see Niel Warnock, a no nonsense man , always expects from his players, he would be my ideal manager

Neil warnock,for me lob or owen coyle, and lought its common knowledge that mourinho wants to manage man utd, him coming to spurs wont happen............is the moon made of cheese?

Warnock believe it or not is a qualified to Fifa standards Referee , anyway nothing to do with his managerial skills i know , just a bit of useless info , IMO he would be ideal for spurs, he talks football and knows the game inside out he wont stand any nonsense i just love his style, unfortunately for him hes never been given money until he took over at QPR and has done a superb job , i hope he proofs a massive success in the prem next season , i can seriously see levy shortlisting him , why spend zillions on jose when he is just waiting for fergie to retire, it would be pointless and like someone else pointed out he would expect huge signings and on big wages , and that aint spurs at all, whereas Warnock would expect good players , nice wages , and Huge performances .

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content