The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
YIDDOS EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
YIDDOS EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
YIDDOS EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
YIDDOS EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
YIDDOS EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
YIDDOS EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
YIDDOS EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
YIDDOS EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
YIDDOS EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

YIDDOS Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

2 posters

YIDDOS

YIDDOS Empty YIDDOS

Post by Guest Tue Apr 19 2011, 09:14

Wasn't quite sure where this item belonged so decided to stick it here . . . . .
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-13089242

Sorry guys you will have to follow the link for this one. David Baddiel questions the use of the "Y" word. We all know our history & traditions and this rather seems like the odious Ken Bates campaign of a few years ago to eject Spurs fans from Stamford Bridge should they chant Yid Army. Now Baddiel is Jewish and I understand his unease at some of the vitriol aimed at Spurs fans. How many Spurs fans are actually Jewish ? But is Baddiel being too precious and wishy-washy liberal, bleeding hearted ? Is he nothing more than a spoilt white-boy, pretentious, middle-class wannabe intelligensia ? Or does he make a fair point on race hate & anti-Semitism ? My feeling is he is trying to be oh sooooooo cool PC, but yes he does have a valid point in some ways, but he sure ain't going to change the traditions of a huge fan base, even using Deadly Legley & Linekar. In short Mr Baddiel you will probably make Spurs fans chant Yiddo more often & that in return will make opposistion fans taunt Spurs fans back with "jolly asides" about gas chambers & all that tastless stuff. A vicious circle I'm afraid . . . . .
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

YIDDOS Empty Re: YIDDOS

Post by BazSpur Tue Apr 19 2011, 09:35

Well, he has a point but quite how he and anyone else is going to stop some 20 or so thousand (Lets face it not all 36000 in WHl will chant it) Spurs fans chanting Yiddo is beyond me. He admits himself that Spurs fans are not using it in a racist way. We use it much like Black peoplke call each other the N word. It's difficult because taunting Spurs fans with Sieg Heil chants and hissing and singing Spurs are on their way to Auschwitz is obviously not on just as much as Spurs fans using racial abuse toward Scumball is not on either. I think this can be moved to Spurs chat as it seems to be about Spurs fans in particular.

Last edited by BazSpur on Tue Apr 19 2011, 19:27; edited 1 time in total
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Tue Apr 19 2011, 19:04

He needs to sit down with some spurs fans and ask why we call ourself yiddos , this is just another perfect example of someone trying to make our history politically correct , all spurs fans are proud to be known as a yid , we are proud our Jewish links to the past ..we will always chant yiddo yiddo ..
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Tue Apr 19 2011, 19:32

Quite right Lobs. Repped. I wonder if he really knows the history of our great club. I am proud to be a Yid in the Spurs sense and no matter what he or anyone else says nothing will change in that respect.

Post by Guest Tue Apr 19 2011, 21:43

OI ! Im A "YID" in The YID SENSE!!!!!

Post by Guest Tue Apr 19 2011, 21:45

YIDDO'S !!!!!
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Wed Apr 20 2011, 04:51

thanks baz for the rep Smile

I did chuckle at what he said, he was at a chelsea game with his son and the chelsea fan were shouting abuse at the spurs fans, and we discussed this later , so ive written this book to cash in on it lol KA CHING
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Wed Apr 20 2011, 04:57

lol!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Jul 07 2024, 04:55