The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
sh*t defence. EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
sh*t defence. EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
sh*t defence. EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
sh*t defence. EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
sh*t defence. EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
sh*t defence. EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
sh*t defence. EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
sh*t defence. EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
sh*t defence. EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

sh*t defence. Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

5 posters

sh*t defence.

sh*t defence. Empty sh*t defence.

Post by Guest Sun Apr 24 2011, 04:31

Useless fcking useless, couldnt protect a lead to save their fcking lives.

Bollox, had enough of all this crap now....what is there to discuss.? same old cabbage chewing.

See you all in the summer for the transfer Bollox............too much time spent on beckham and money on the olympic stadium debacle to fund new much needed signings.

cstmrsking
    cstmrsking
    Premiership
    Premiership

sh*t defence. Empty Re: sh*t defence.

Post by cstmrsking Sun Apr 24 2011, 04:54

C'mon Lew dont be like that. Imagine if we all adopted that stance, Thats like punishing the Forum, for Arry and Levys mistakes. I'm sure you dont wanna go you just p*ssed orf mate.
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Sun Apr 24 2011, 05:36

we played well but to many tired players for me, we had trouble breaking down there rigid defense , bringing on crouch at 87 was a joke , we need him on a lot earlier than that, overall though another draw which is what messed citeh up last season and cost them 4th

Post by Guest Sun Apr 24 2011, 05:39

i thought west brom look the better team. odinwinger was everyywhere. shame our strikers wernt

our players are 2 greedy and want the limlight thats why they dont like setting each other up.

i got laughed at last month when i said liverpool will catch us.

the best we can get aganst chelsesa is a point. its our bogey ground. man c win monday then its over
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Sun Apr 24 2011, 05:59

Jesus Lew, calm down fella. We're a roller coaster club mate we all know that. I'm as dissappointed as the next person but it's the Spurs way isn't it. As long as we get the right players in, in the Summer I am sure we will be right back there challenging. TBH although it was great what we did, the CL really didn't help our cause this season. We seemed to concentrate on that and it f*cked us up in the Prem. We need to learn quickly how to balance that out like Manure, Arsenal and Chelski do. It's a learning curve. I really don't think the OS debacle helped I'll give you that. As for Beckham? Not sure that would have made much difference there.

Post by Guest Sun Apr 24 2011, 06:05

levy and harry new we needed a striker in jan but went for beckham,
    its harrys job to motivate the players in the prem and he cant do it. we got what we derserved to day and that was a draw.

can galas and daws jump cos so many goals have come from being outjumped.

West Ham 1-0 Tottenham
    Tottenham 0-0 West Ham
    West Brom 1-1 Tottenham
    Tottenham 2-2 West Brom
    Blackpool 3-1 Tottenham
    Wigan 1-1 Tottenham
    Tottenham 0-1 Wigan
    Tottenham 2-2 WBA

Embarrassment.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Sun Apr 24 2011, 07:29

Yep, 24 points lost on those games assuming we should have beaten all of them.
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Sun Apr 24 2011, 07:44

to be fair we should be getting at least a draw from some of them , arry has a mountian to climb, if we don't make it he will walk i just know it

Post by Guest Sun Apr 24 2011, 07:55

no baz i dont expext to win them all. every team drops points but not as many as we are. 2 months ago we was in front of chelsea now they are 2nd

liverpool where nowhere near us and i got laughed at when i said they could catch us and now they or well close and thats with them playin there kids. go look at there team they got about 4 young boys playing but then dont moan they geto witn it.
    philip
    2nd Division
    2nd Division

Post by philip Sun Apr 24 2011, 10:04

I don't know why is everybody panicking,there are still 5 games left

We can beat the lot of them on our day so why not now

Post by Guest Sun Apr 24 2011, 22:28

BazSpur wrote:Jesus Lew, calm down fella. We're a roller coaster club mate we all know that. I'm as dissappointed as the next person but it's the Spurs way isn't it. As long as we get the right players in, in the Summer I am sure we will be right back there challenging. TBH although it was great what we did, the CL really didn't help our cause this season. We seemed to concentrate on that and it f*cked us up in the Prem. We need to learn quickly how to balance that out like Manure, Arsenal and Chelski do. It's a learning curve. I really don't think the OS debacle helped I'll give you that. As for Beckham? Not sure that would have made much difference there.

That game for me summed up the season baz ! shithole of a defence, messing around with woodgate and king who we suppose we are all meant to be over the moon with the news that they will be back soon, ha ha, only to play 20 minutes and then go off for another year or 6 months getting 60,000 out the club, they should have been fcked off ages ago and new centre backs brought in.

Then the beckham crap and olympic stadium move that rumbles on when the team should have been strengthened to maintain its cl place and progress up the league, too much time wasted on non starters.

Not enough was done close season or in the window in jan and we are paying the price.

No one says we are entitled to beat prem stragglers but we should at least be winning at least one in three, something is wrong somewhere.

Even taarabt is making us eat our words, he is looking a class act and all we got for him was approx 500,000 and qpr are going to rake it in when he gets flogged on to a bigger team.

Then we get left with misfiring pav and crouch, mind you crouch does a lot of other things but maybe , just maybe bent should have been kept.

Harry says its a well run football club and that we are ok financially, we all know that, but who,s responsible for buying and selling and keeping players on the books.....its a fcking joke, i have said i dont think taarabt is prem class but i might just be changing my mind after seeing the individual goals against cardiff.

You know what i worry about baz is the fact that bale didnt get his chance until ekotto was injured, in fact he was talked about as being loaned out, lol! and the worry is how many other fringe players arent getting a look in because king harry has his favourites, who cant get three points against the dross of the premiership.

Fed up with these fcking simple games that get us all arguing on here when we should be celebrating 3 points in the bag..................i seriously wouldnt want harry to walk but he has to ring the changes when the usual suspects aint doing it for spurs.
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Mon Apr 25 2011, 16:03

Lew do I detect a fickle tantrum ? Surprised lol!

Actualy agree with much in your tantrum , erm posts on this thread but I'm past getting the hump with Harry & Levy on this ....
    For me and for a fair amount of the Spurs fans , it were so obvious what was needed last summer but they had other ideas ...

Post by Guest Mon Apr 25 2011, 16:32

ArnieArdiles wrote:Lew do I detect a fickle tantrum ? Surprised lol!

Actualy agree with much in your tantrum , erm posts on this thread but I'm past getting the hump with Harry & Levy on this ....
    For me and for a fair amount of the Spurs fans , it were so obvious what was needed last summer but they had other ideas ...

It is a fickle one arnie, i havent thrown one for a while, i tend to try to calm down before i make post match comments.

What sparked me off on this one was that we so desperately needed all 3 points, no one can blame the efforts put into the cl anymore, this was the important one in my honest opinion because you cant even say wba are directly in a relegation scrap,its not like scrapping with west ham, the points were lost and its been the story of the season, how we cant beat the lesser lights of the prem.

Its funny to read that blackburn might beat man city, even if they do we are now looking over our shoulders at liverpool.

Its finished now arnie, that game sealed it and i would suggest you blokes dont clutch at straws and believe we will retain fourth, the defence is sh*t and has cost us all season,gallas is carrying an injury, bassong is rubbish and dawson has his glitches, it needs sorting out and by that i dont mean woodgate and king, we should have learned our lesson from those two, one game in and fifty out is the norm for those two.
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Mon Apr 25 2011, 16:53

We're all dissapointed Lew but WBA is a decent footballing team, have some good players ... Theyve had suscesses away from home like a 3-2 win at the Emirates and a 2-2 draw at Old Trafford ... They can pass the ball and if their opponent is not top of their game, the Baggies will score goals....

I dont think it were our defence that were at fault on Saturday but more the fact that we didnt show enough urgency in our pressing of their players when they had the ball.. Was like we didnt have the legs to do it..

I think against decent passing teams it may be a good idea to have the extra man in midfield in 4-3-3 that can also be 4-5-1 whatever, but a 4-4-2 with Luca and a returning from injury Huddlestone two in midfield, is a big ask it seems... For me, Sandro , Hudd and Luca should play in our remaining games...

Post by Guest Tue Apr 26 2011, 00:31

we should be playing sandro. why was he dropped from the team.

bringing on lennon and playing him left when we had bale at left back was crazy.

the 2nd half there was no urgency from our players like they did aganst the goons. i thought there keeper was rubbish yet we hardly tested him.

vdv the problem but hes undroppable.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Oct 05 2024, 20:41