The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Match Discussion Thread V Chelsea. EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Match Discussion Thread V Chelsea. EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Match Discussion Thread V Chelsea. EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Match Discussion Thread V Chelsea. EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Match Discussion Thread V Chelsea. EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Match Discussion Thread V Chelsea. EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Match Discussion Thread V Chelsea. EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Match Discussion Thread V Chelsea. EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Match Discussion Thread V Chelsea. EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Match Discussion Thread V Chelsea. Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+2
HotspurRoper
BazSpur
6 posters

Match Discussion Thread V Chelsea.

BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Match Discussion Thread V Chelsea. Empty Match Discussion Thread V Chelsea.

Post by BazSpur Tue Apr 26 2011, 07:18

Post here for the Spurs Chelsea Match discussion thread.

Match Discussion Thread V Chelsea. Empty Re: Match Discussion Thread V Chelsea.

Post by Guest Tue Apr 26 2011, 08:00

At Chelsea (70)

Results Total %

Chelsea 34 (48.57%)

Tottenham Hotspur 21 (30.00%)

Draws 15 (21.43%)

Goals Total (Average per game)

Chelsea 102 (1.46pg)

Tottenham Hotspur 85 (1.21pg)

Post by Guest Tue Apr 26 2011, 08:02

Record Scores

Highest Aggregate 8

Tottenham Hotspur 4 - 4 Chelsea 2007/2008

Highest Chelsea score: 6

Tottenham Hotspur 1 - 6 Chelsea 1997/1998

Highest Tottenham Hotspur score: 5

Tottenham Hotspur 5 - 1 Chelsea 2001/2002

Post by Guest Tue Apr 26 2011, 08:08

we have never beaten them in the prem. the best we can hope is a draw.

all the blue mancs have to do is beat the poor spammers and its over

Post by Guest Tue Apr 26 2011, 08:17

Lought sorry to make you look like a bit of a cock but is your memorey really that short or is it really too much WKD & Sun ? LOL mate your on form tonight . . . . .

2009/2010 Season

Sat 17 Apr

Tottenham Hotspur 2 - 1 Chelsea Premier League

Get Get Get Get Get

Post by Guest Tue Apr 26 2011, 08:24

you know what i mean vis. we have never ever won at the bridge.

even when 3 0 up in the cup we blew it.

i remember another league game we was 2 0 up and lost to 2 late mark stein goals

Post by Guest Tue Apr 26 2011, 14:24

Best is a draw but dont hold your breath, could also be a heavy defeat, but i can see 3-1 on the cards.

Early spurs goal then 3 quick ones from chelsea.

Sorry lads but its over for me, we will be lucky to hang onto 5th place the way we are playing.
    HotspurRoper
    HotspurRoper

Post by HotspurRoper Tue Apr 26 2011, 16:43

It really is a must win, lets see how our boys get on when the chips are really down before we start throwing the towel in! "IF" we lose and "IF" City beat West Ham i will come on here and concede 4th spot BUT until then.............. BELIEVE!!
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Tue Apr 26 2011, 19:26

Well said Lee but personally I think it is a little beyond us now. We couln't even beat West Brom mate so I doubt we'll beat Chelski, Liverpool and City.

Post by Guest Tue Apr 26 2011, 22:04

Baz didn't some think that to beat arsenil, Chelski & Citeh last season was beyond us ? I'm with Lee, the dream ain't over until it is no longer mathematically possible. COYS . . . . .
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Tue Apr 26 2011, 22:21

Im with you optimistic guys too, we can still still turn this around at the weekend ..Football is often unpredictable and it can throw up shocks ...

We're now in a position where its not expected that Spurs will make 4th and from watching the after match reactions at Ewood Park last night, theres plenty that think its sewn up already... We shall see....COYS!!
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Tue Apr 26 2011, 23:58

VisionarySound wrote:Baz didn't some think that to beat arsenil, Chelski & Citeh last season was beyond us ? I'm with Lee, the dream ain't over until it is no longer mathematically possible. COYS . . . . .

Yes mate and I was one but hey who knows? Just my pessimistic nature my friend. Jane has a saying that goes "If you say it, it won't happen" But you are quite right of course. It's not over til the fat lady sings.

Post by Guest Wed Apr 27 2011, 00:31

i would be more opismtistc if we was playing these teams at home.

did anyone see the cheseal west ham game. chelsea looked poor and scored 2 goals in the last 10 mins to secure the points.

i think essians out. ill wonder what team harry picks for that game.
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Wed Apr 27 2011, 00:39

This game is about keeping slender hopes alive .......Chelsea, the League title and for us, CL qualification..

I see the opening goal being crucial and so I see a tight game whilst its 0-0 .. If Harrry opts to play with no holding midfielder i.e. Sandro, I will be annoyed..
    SuneJim
    SuneJim
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by SuneJim Wed Apr 27 2011, 03:00

ArnieArdiles wrote:

I see the opening goal being crucial and so I see a tight game whilst its 0-0 .. If Harrry opts to play with no holding midfielder i.e. Sandro, I will be annoyed..

Agreed Sandro has to be in & maybe even Pienaar as he does offer good cover to his full back.

I think Assou-Ekotto could be out for the season so that would be Bale LB leaving the possibility of Modric back left cutting inside leaving the space outside him for Bale to attack that worked so well in qualifying for the CL last season. Sandro, Thudd in the middle & Lennon out RW where he should be.

VD Vaart should play as he is certainly a big game player with Defoe in front of him them two playing the ball to feet with Terry & Luiz would give them problems.

If Corluka isn't fit i'd prefer Kaboul CB & Gallas RB against them, but i'd have all ready called back Walker.

Post by Guest Sat Apr 30 2011, 21:12

TEAM NEWS
    Chelsea have a fully-fit squad, with Michael Essien, Ramires and Alex all available after injury.

Manager Carlo Ancelotti has suggested he will pair Fernando Torres with Didier Drogba in attack.

Tottenham defender Benoit Assou-Ekotto is sidelined by a hamstring problem, while Tom Huddlestone is likely to miss out because of an ankle injury.

Ledley King has a slim chance of making his first appearance since October after recovering from a groin problem.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chelsea

Injured: None

Tottenham

Doubtful: Corluka (foot), King (groin/fitness), Huddlestone (ankle), Woodgate (calf)

Injured: Assou-Ekotto (hamstring), Hutton & Palacios (both knee), Khumalo (foot)

MATCH PREVIEW
    Angst and ambition will be entwined at Stamford Bridge on Saturday. For either Chelsea or Tottenham - perhaps even both - this fixture will be a bridge too far.

Their respective targets are the championship and Champions League. Chelsea have no margin for error if they are to successfully defend the Premier League title, while visiting Spurs have little leeway in their pursuit of qualification for Europe's premier club competition.

They would be improbable achievements. Chelsea have not topped the table for five months and were only fifth prior to their current run of seven wins in eight games. They also face trips to Old Trafford, where Manchester United are unbeaten this season, and a rejuvenated Everton. Nonetheless, Chelsea manager Carlo Ancelotti remains hopeful amid continuing speculation that he will lose his job regardless of the title outcome.

Tottenham must still visit Champions League rivals Manchester City and Liverpool, but it is their failure to beat relegation-threatened sides at home that has undermined them. One win in seven has left Spurs with a four-point deficit and vastly inferior goal difference to City.

While it is true that Tottenham usually raise their game against the top sides - their breathless run to the Champions League quarter-finals is testament to that - they have not won at Chelsea for 23 matches spanning 21 years.

MATCH FACTS
    Head-to-head

• Chelsea are unbeaten in their last 20 home league meetings with Tottenham (W14, D6), plus three cup matches.

• Spurs last won a league game at Chelsea in February 1990, when Gary Lineker scored the winner.

• Tottenham went an English record 32 league games without a win in this fixture until a 2-1 victory at White Hart Lane in November 2006.

• Victory for Tottenham would be their 50th of all time over Chelsea in all competitions. Chelsea have 59 wins.

Chelsea

• Chelsea have picked up 22 points from a possible 24, the best current form in the Premier League.

• They have the best defensive record in the top flight, conceding only 27 goals this season.

• Carlo Ancelotti's side are yet to lose a game in which they scored the opening goal (W16, D2).

• Fernando Torres's first goal for Chelsea last weekend came in his 14th appearance. It took him 12 hours and 12 minutes (732 minutes) to break his duck for the club.

• John Terry is set to make his 500th appearance for Chelsea. Other potential milestones are Didier Drogba playing in his 200th Premier League game, and John Mikel Obi reaching 200 league and cup appearances for the club.

Tottenham

• Spurs have drawn five of their last seven league matches, winning one and losing the other.

• They have gained an unsurpassed 23 points from losing positions this season, a record they share with West Brom.

• Only Manchester United have earned more points than Tottenham (24) against top-half opposition this season.

• Harry Redknapp's side have scored 10 goals from outside the penalty area - more than any other team in the Premier League this season according to Opta.

• If selected, Tottenham's Peter Crouch will be making his 350th career league appearance. He has scored 95 goals.

LEADING GOALSCORERS

Chelsea

Anelka: 16 goals (6 league); Malouda: 14 goals (13 league)

Tottenham

Van der Vaart: 14 goals (12 league);
    Pavlyuchenko: 12 goals (8 league)

MATCH OFFICIALS
    Referee: Andre Marriner

Assistant referees: Mike Cairns & Martin Yerby

Fourth official: Chris Foy

LAST LEAGUE MATCH LINE-UPS
    Chelsea (W3-0 v West Ham): Cech; Ivanovic, Luiz, Terry, Cole, Essien (Benayoun 56), Mikel, Lampard, Kalou (Anelka 70), Drogba (Torres 76), Malouda. Subs not used: Turnbull, Zhirkov, Ferreira, Bertrand.

Tottenham (D2-2 v West Brom, h): Gomes; Kaboul, Gallas, Dawson, Assou-Ekotto (Sandro 7), Van der Vaart, Huddlestone (Lennon 62), Modric, Bale, Pavlyuchenko (Crouch 87), Defoe. Subs not used: Cudicini, Jenas, Bassong, Pienaar.

Post by Guest Sat Apr 30 2011, 23:57

gomez
    kaboul galas king bale
    lennon sandro modric pinar
    super pav defoe.

pinar will help bale out. lennon can keep the rat in hes own half and the king can stop torres and drogbra.

vdv to come on later for the pav master and hudd if we are losing
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Sun May 01 2011, 03:02

Chelsea Team:
    Cech, Ivanovic, Luiz, Terry, Cole, Essien, Mikel Obi, Lampard, Malouda, Drogba, Torres

Subs: Turnbull, Alex, Zhirkov, Ramires, Benayoun, Anelka, Kalou

Tottenham Team:
    Gomes; Corluka, Dawson, Kaboul, Gallas; Lennon, Modric, Sandro, Bale; Van der Vaart; Pavlyuchenko.

Subs: Cudicini, Bassong, Jenas, Pienaar, Rose, Crouch, Defoe.

ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Sun May 01 2011, 03:05

Harry has opted for Bale to remain on the wing with Gallas shifting to left back ......lets hope it works ....COYS!!!

Post by Guest Sun May 01 2011, 03:14

Gallas at left-back ? EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK . . . . .
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Sun May 01 2011, 03:18

Im more concerned in the midfield area Vis ...They look to have got muscle in there with their three , Mikel, Lampard and Essien ...Think we need VDV to have a mammoth game helping out Sandro and Modders and doing a support role for Pav too .....

Post by Guest Sun May 01 2011, 03:21

We do look a bit light today Arnie. Intresting to see Pavy given the lone front man role. I feel he stuggles like this, so here's hoping he has a blinder today . . . .
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Sun May 01 2011, 03:26

Yep , Vis.... PAV alone upfront is a gamble but when all our strikers have have been as they have, perhaps not lol

Sky have our back four as , Kaboul , Dawson , Gallas and Charlie at left back
    Shocked

Post by Guest Sun May 01 2011, 03:26

According to Sky, Corluka is left and Kaboul right. Basically we have 4 centre-halfs across the back-line . . . . .

Post by Guest Sun May 01 2011, 03:27

LOL Arnie great minds & all that . . . . .

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20 2024, 14:15