The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Could venables or hoddle be our dalglish EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Could venables or hoddle be our dalglish EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Could venables or hoddle be our dalglish EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Could venables or hoddle be our dalglish EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Could venables or hoddle be our dalglish EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Could venables or hoddle be our dalglish EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Could venables or hoddle be our dalglish EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Could venables or hoddle be our dalglish EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Could venables or hoddle be our dalglish EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Could venables or hoddle be our dalglish Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+3
LOBO
HotspurRoper
BazSpur
7 posters

Could venables or hoddle be our dalglish

Could venables or hoddle be our dalglish Empty Could venables or hoddle be our dalglish

Post by Guest Tue Apr 26 2011, 08:19

Seeing how well dalglish has done since coming back into the fold at liverpool makes me wonder if we could get one of our old boys to do the same. It would be nice to have a manager who showed some long term planning instead of trying to get the chairman to spend more and more money on average players like peanut.

Hoddle always had problems with is attitude but maybe he has learnt some humility as he has got older. He still does the coaching through his academy in spain so it is not like he has been idle. I liked hoddle he was/is my favourite ever spurs player, huddlestone is my favourite of the current crop. Of course it is unlikely levy will go back after someone he sacked, christ that seems like a long time ago.

So venables could he come in and do the dalglish thing? his england team is the best i have ever seen. He would also have the respect of the players, he can speak spainish when we pick up messi in the summer Wink he is also a far far better tactican then redknapp, mind you so am i for that matter.

So it is settled then, BRING BACK VENABLES really he should never have left and if shugar had let him sign roy keane and bergkamp then i think we would be where man u are now. Come back el tel all is forgiven.

Oh if anyone suggests pleat, i will come round and slit your loving throats.

Could venables or hoddle be our dalglish Empty Re: Could venables or hoddle be our dalglish

Post by Guest Tue Apr 26 2011, 08:19

i would say no to hoddle but venables now thats a good shout lol

Could venables or hoddle be our dalglish Empty Re: Could venables or hoddle be our dalglish

Post by Guest Tue Apr 26 2011, 08:23

Is this your opinion Lought or a copy & paste ? I have said before, recently in fact, I wouldn't mind an older & wiser Hoddle back. But El Tel ? Your having a proper bubble mate. Have you seen him lately ? He's like that character from the Fast Show. Rowley Birkin QC. Fzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz poisonous monkeys whrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr . . . ..

Post by Guest Tue Apr 26 2011, 08:31

the original post is a cut and paste job then i adde my own reply after.

tel was great when he was with us. got us playing.

even england he got them playing. imagine what he would do with this sqaud

Post by Guest Tue Apr 26 2011, 08:43

El Tel was great for us 15 years ago Lought. 15 long years ago Lought . . . . . .

Post by Guest Tue Apr 26 2011, 10:28

yea and king kenny been away longer lol
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Tue Apr 26 2011, 11:25

I'd give Glenda another go. Apart from all the dodgy dealings with El Tel I thought he was a great manager for us. Could he come back and do it again? I honestly don't know.
    HotspurRoper
    HotspurRoper

Post by HotspurRoper Tue Apr 26 2011, 17:00

What about Gerry Francis or even Jaques Santini you know what bollox with it damn the expense lets break the bank and bring bak Christian Gross, he'll get us playing againg with his "Ticket" to success! Come on lads have we totally given up on Harry?
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Tue Apr 26 2011, 19:13

Niel Warnock for me, El Tel is 68 getting on a bit , Hoddle 53 would be the better choice if i were levy , he's Tottenham through & through , older & wiser , and the players would respect him, i fill with arry hes just playing the waiting game for the England job, Hoddle for me , but if i were to pick a manager it would have to be Warnock
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Tue Apr 26 2011, 19:31

HotspurRoper wrote:What about Gerry Francis or even Jaques Santini you know what bollox with it damn the expense lets break the bank and bring bak Christian Gross, he'll get us playing againg with his "Ticket" to success! Come on lads have we totally given up on Harry?

It's onlly what ifs Lee. I certainly don't want Arry to go but we have to face facts. If the England job is offered to him he will take it. you can bet your life Levy is already thinking along those lines.
    seebee1944
    seebee1944
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by seebee1944 Tue Apr 26 2011, 20:00

Neil Warnock is good at getting teams promoted but has he ever kept one up.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Tue Apr 26 2011, 20:02

I agree Seebee Warnock wouldn't be my first choice. He reminds me of Graham Taylor. He had a fantastic record with lower division teams but he couldn't take that step up.

Post by Guest Tue Apr 26 2011, 21:50

How about the guy from Schalke ? Very highly thought of. Warnock seems capable of taking teams up & down between divisions but I'm not convinced of his credentials at the level Spurs are at (this isn't me calling for 'ARRY TO GO BY THE WAY) . . . . .

Post by Guest Wed Apr 27 2011, 00:27

vis schalk or mid table in a poor german team,

i just my mind on warnock. i watch a lot of qpr games and the amount of times they just lump the ball forward drives me mad

if Christian Gross does come back he better get himself an oyster card or the train ticket will skint him.

its £5 single to go 1 stop without the oyster card
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Wed Apr 27 2011, 00:59

How about the Special One MK2 ?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andr%C3%A9_Villas_Boas

Post by Guest Wed Apr 27 2011, 01:17

Lought Rangnick has taken an average side in Schalke to the semi's of the C/L with flair & attacking football. Also Hoffenheim, a village team basically, into the Bundesliga. Many people in European football rate him highly and see good things for him in the future . . . . .

Post by Guest Wed Apr 27 2011, 01:59

well hes doing really well in the champions league.

i heard that we turned raul down at the start of the season
    Boltjean
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by Boltjean Wed Apr 27 2011, 05:19

I wrote a thread about the Arsenal saying that in Wengers reign as manager we have had 8 manager's, now wonder we have not finished above them once since he has been in charge. What do we do? sack a manager who got us to 5th twice, not giving him the time to build on what he had achieved and Levy bring's in someone who nearly took us down. No more sacking of manager's, and bring in one who is commited to us long term. What about Poyet? This is should Harry decide to go, I hope he does not but have my doubts.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Wed Apr 27 2011, 05:59

Good shout on Poyet Len. He has done wonders at Brighton and yes I know it's a lower division club but Poyet knows Spurs well and I think he would do well at the club.

Post by Guest Wed Apr 27 2011, 06:39

I think you will find Len that the majority of posters on this thread, my-self included, are not calling for 'arry to leave. It was a hypothetical question posed by Lought then answered in kind. Many feel he may leave he may leave should England come calling and maybe this sort of thread is a way of looking forward to that situation should it happen ? Like you I believe a manager should be given time and this was IMO the huge mistake made in getting rid of Jol too soon. Your Poyet shout is not bad at all mate. Let's see what he acheives in the Championship next season, but a Brighton fan I know has him up on a pedestal with the way he has them playing . . . .

Post by Guest Wed Apr 27 2011, 07:19

if your lucky to get a decent group then any team would get to the nockout stages

i see Schalke or 2 0 down at home to man u and they been rubbish.
    they or mid table in there own league so he wil prob get the sack.

Post by Guest Wed Apr 27 2011, 07:34

It's a cunning plan to out-fox Ole Red Nose Lought. They know another 5-2 and they are through so have lulled ManUre into a false sense of security. Brilliant management, the sort of tactical accumen we need so desperately at Spurs . . . .

Post by Guest Wed Apr 27 2011, 07:47

we shall see lol but on the gus poyet its good to see him doing well. i enjoyed listining to hes after match chats. he always honest about the game
    HotspurRoper
    HotspurRoper

Post by HotspurRoper Wed Apr 27 2011, 16:56

I like Poyet alot, I thought he could have played some part in the coaching at Spurs when Ramos left and Redknapp came in. Would love to see him return 1 day
    totalytot
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by totalytot Thu Apr 28 2011, 20:48

IF we have to look for a new manager and I don't believe that Harry will be given the England job as I don't think he is their type of man. I believe we should be looking at someone with European experience. Forget Venables and Hoddle they're all our yesterdays and have nothing left to offer any more. Warnock is OK in the level he is at but I believe would be out of his depth managing a prem side that's in Europe.
    We should be looking at, Hiddink, Guirdiola, Van Basten, Rikaard etc. These are the guys that have done it as players and as managers. They wouldn't settle for 2nd best and would push the board to get the players they want and more importantly the players would come because they respect them as coaches.

Mikey M

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Oct 05 2024, 20:55