The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
NO EUROPE! EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
NO EUROPE! EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
NO EUROPE! EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
NO EUROPE! EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
NO EUROPE! EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
NO EUROPE! EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
NO EUROPE! EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
NO EUROPE! EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
NO EUROPE! EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

NO EUROPE! Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+3
ArnieArdiles
BazSpur
SuneJim
7 posters

NO EUROPE!

SuneJim
    SuneJim
    Champions League
    Champions League

NO EUROPE! Empty NO EUROPE!

Post by SuneJim Tue Apr 26 2011, 23:09

I've come across quite a few fans that would rather lose the Europa Cup place to Pool as well if we don't make CL. I know that Cup is flawed in it's make up but really. We need some-kind of Euro Matches next season to keep players & we can kiss goodbye to signing a decent striker as well with no Europe as well. So what's this boards take on that.

NO EUROPE! Empty Re: NO EUROPE!

Post by Guest Tue Apr 26 2011, 23:40

Hello Jim, I've already posted elsewhere that for me the Europa would not be a bad thing next season. It could prove beneficial. Plenty of good teams to compete against, none of the overblown hype of the C/L and more European experience for an ever learning squad. OK not making the C/L will be seen as a step backwards after qualifying last season but we would be amongst the facvourites to win the Europa and ANY silverware is good silverware . . . .
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Wed Apr 27 2011, 00:02

If we get into the Europa I would love to see us win it and i am quite sure Arry could use the less high profile players in the away legs or against the lower European teams to give them some games and gain some experience.

Post by Guest Wed Apr 27 2011, 00:14

but didnt harry not give a stuff about it last time feilding a weak team.

i would still hope we make 5th but will the sun prem games be to much for us.
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Wed Apr 27 2011, 00:32

I see it as this .........Fcking brilliant if we make Champs League again whilst the Europa League , I can take it or leave it ...

Like Vis Ive already said in the other thread , if we miss out altogether then we have an opportunity to streamline the squad and this I believe will suit Harrys management style ...

Also theres the question of prize money ... Its so piddly in the EL ...I think its something like £3 million to the winners , the same amount as making the group stages in the CL!

We've now experienced the CL and we've learnt that bar the handfull of elite teams, we can compete with the rest and its not a competition of super footballing monster teams from another planet as Gooners would have us believe these past years..

SuneJim
    SuneJim
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by SuneJim Wed Apr 27 2011, 02:46

To have no Euro Footy at all after the players have had such a great experience in the CL would make a few players that want it back right away & maybe move. other teams could turn heads easier.

It would seriously hamper the calibre of players we recruit as well & make no mistake the other teams & Pool will be strengthening. Which will make it even harder to get top 4 again next season.

Plus we need the extra revenue from it while we're still at WHL.

Ok keep playing Thursday & Sunday in the league isn't great but that is the only reason i can think of for not being involved in the Europa League. We need at least that.
    Boltjean
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by Boltjean Wed Apr 27 2011, 04:47

I agree 100% Jim that we need to be in Europe to keep the likes of Bale and Modric happy otherwise as you say they might be tempted to move on if the right club come in. I saw the headlines in one paper today saying about Chelsea making a £40 million bid for Bale but I did not read the article. I agree with your remarks about Liverpool strengthening and if Arsenal with the yank now in controll spend big then we could find it a struggle next season to finish in the top six imo what with City going from strength to strength as well.
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Wed Apr 27 2011, 05:30

I can remember a time when we only dreamed of playing in Europe at any level , just to get to Europe was something a lot of fans have never seen , all they new about Europe was from watching old archive footage or stories from older fan who were witness to the old spurs team of the 50's & 60s and the days of hoddle & co in the 80s , then we hit the 90's and we because an average team and could only dream , but now we take it for granted , really we should be thankful , eUROPE IS Europe , i would prefer the CL but at the end of the day we might have lost this battle for this season, but we certainly haven't lost the war, we shell regroup and come back better and stronger & a lot lot wiser
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Wed Apr 27 2011, 06:11

"It's magnificent to be in
    Europe, and this club - a club like Tottenham Hotspur - if we're not in
    Europe.... we're nothing. We're nothing."

Bill Nicholson.
    cstmrsking
    cstmrsking
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by cstmrsking Wed Apr 27 2011, 07:12

What is Football, if it's not about Competition?

Post by Guest Wed Apr 27 2011, 07:38

cstmrsking wrote:What is Football, if it's not about Competition?

It's young boys in the park, isn't ? Jumpers for goalposts ? Hmmmmmmmmmm . . . . . . .
    cstmrsking
    cstmrsking
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by cstmrsking Wed Apr 27 2011, 08:05

Thats where it all starts, Jumpers for Goalpost in the Park. All Comp is Good, European Football n All.
    HotspurRoper
    HotspurRoper

Post by HotspurRoper Wed Apr 27 2011, 17:00

"Jumpers for goalposts" LOL. I was lucky where i lived we only had to use 1 jumper, the other post we used a 7 foot sign post reading 'NO BALL GAMES ALLOWED' PMSL!!

Post by Guest Thu Apr 28 2011, 00:31

To tell the honest truth i wouldnt want to put the players through all that europa league crap when they may as well give the domestic comps a proper go,theres probably more in making an appearance at wembley than going to crappy overseas venues against third rate opposition.
    May as well play the torquays and leyton orients in this country than travel abroad and play some of that crap they will encounter.

No its cl or nothing for me.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Jul 04 2024, 14:49