The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
RECENT GAMES (My Take) EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
RECENT GAMES (My Take) EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
RECENT GAMES (My Take) EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
RECENT GAMES (My Take) EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
RECENT GAMES (My Take) EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
RECENT GAMES (My Take) EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
RECENT GAMES (My Take) EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
RECENT GAMES (My Take) EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
RECENT GAMES (My Take) EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

RECENT GAMES (My Take) Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

4 posters

RECENT GAMES (My Take)

SuneJim
    SuneJim
    Champions League
    Champions League

RECENT GAMES (My Take) Empty RECENT GAMES (My Take)

Post by SuneJim Thu May 12 2011, 22:01

From the WBA game where we were continually attacked down the left hand side that VDV kept vacating & leaving space because Harry hasn't had the bottle to drop him for the best of the team things haven't seemed quite right. We should never have drawn that match.

Then the Chelsea match,,, what can i say that most probably hasn't been said before on this board not much. Now i think i've been one of Gomes's biggest supporters on this board but,,, even i know that first goal doesn't get a chance of being given if he just catches a slightly bouncing ball. I just think he's looks a ahead at times & is thinking about what he's going to do with the ball before he's got it in his hands safely. That causes a lot of knock on's in Rugby. But he's still one of the best shot stoppers in the Prem. But to loose to a phantom goal & an offside is hard to take.

But i do believe it's to easy to get away with bad decisions like that against us. Why was Harry so gracious in his post match interview. The Assistant Ref had an honest guess & just take in on the chin. Then leaping forward a bit the Adam tackle on Bale. Harry said i know the Boy's not that sort of player, again Harry why so damned nice.

If that goal had been given against Chelsea, Manc's or a*se-nal or that tackle was made on Lampard, Rooney or Nasri say would there Manager's just be saying it's just one of those things,,,, Bloody NO CHANCE!!! all kinds of hell would have been let loose! Harry you have to get angry to make the Ref's scared of giving things like that against us like they are with the other teams.

Now the Blackpool game we started like we'd all ready given up on 4th & where under order to in way get Europa League. Bale & VD Vaart looked like they were playing at half pace to avoid injuries that could hinder lucrative moves away. But when we went 1-0 down professional pride kicked in & we went for it.

Again the Penalties against us,,, what is it they say Ref's don't always get every thing right but as long as they get the big decisions right that's all you can ask, so after the phantom goal, the offside winner at Chelsea, plus the Adam atrocity of a tackle that wasn't even penalized as a foul you don't need a penalty given against you when the the foul should have been given for a push on Dawson. Even though i think if he had of just gone down & not flung himself all over the place it might have helped the award of a pen was still wrong. Then Gomes all fired up after the save can't quite grasp the ball & flies out at it & Fletcher Taylor goes down like his been shot by a sniper. After the slightest of touches from Gomes. But from the Ref's angle i can see why that one was given. But if the original fould had gone the right way we'd never have got to that point.

Then popping back to Bale going off when we were in the ascendancy why change the shape Kranjcar should have come on & kept our expansive game going we'd started the second half with. But no Crouch comes on & we play into Blackpool's hands & go long & they just keep clearing after a really weak 20 or so minutes from Crouch. So another draw that should have been a win.

As for the Citeh game if we'd played like that in our previous games we'd be the ones looking at 4th & CL. Can't fault us we showed the world we're the better team. but the only consistency we've had this season is in getting draws. I don't blame Crouch for the own goal either. Rose didn't spot the short corner quick enough because of his inexperience at LB but i have to say along with Sandro (Who will be a monster of a player) Rose was superb. We just weren't clinical enough when we got chances which has been our problem all season.

So that's my take hope you enjoy it lol.

RECENT GAMES (My Take) Empty Re: RECENT GAMES (My Take)

Post by Guest Thu May 12 2011, 22:14

Spot on jim..as usual.

Have a rep.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Thu May 12 2011, 23:41

Rep from me too Jim.
    Boltjean
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by Boltjean Fri May 13 2011, 01:31

Good post Jim and its a rep from me, that's three in a row, a hat trick. Pity there were not a few more of those from our striker's.

Post by Guest Fri May 13 2011, 04:19

damm i guess i cant break the trend have another rep lol

ill have to wait for vis to get drunk in chat to get more of him lol

Post by Guest Fri May 13 2011, 05:00

You tart Lought ! ! !

Jim I would go as far back as the Blackpool game at Bloomfield Road when certain problems starting showing. The inability to turn guilt edged chances into prizes. But a superb summing up, so what the hell have a rep from me as well . . . .
    DJSR
    DJSR
    Admin
    Admin

Post by DJSR Fri May 13 2011, 18:53

thats pretty much what Lought & Lobo have been saying all this time.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10 2024, 02:17