The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
why are we so tired EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
why are we so tired EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
why are we so tired EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
why are we so tired EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
why are we so tired EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
why are we so tired EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
why are we so tired EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
why are we so tired EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
why are we so tired EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

why are we so tired Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

4 posters

why are we so tired

why are we so tired Empty why are we so tired

Post by Guest Sun May 15 2011, 12:26

Spurs 53 Matches
    Manure 60 matches
    Arsenil 58 matches
    Chelski 53 matches

We played 5 less than Arsenil and 7 less than Manure , so why are we so tired and why are we always calling for players to be rested ?

why are we so tired Empty Re: why are we so tired

Post by Guest Sun May 15 2011, 12:27

even the spammers have played 48 games
    DJSR
    DJSR
    Admin
    Admin

Post by DJSR Sun May 15 2011, 20:57

first time we've been in CL Lought, all the other teams you mentioned are always in it, they have the experience, the players are use to rotation and have the experience, which not many of our players have.
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Sun May 15 2011, 21:36

Loughtonlegend wrote:Spurs 53 Matches
    Manure 60 matches
    Arsenil 58 matches
    Chelski 53 matches

We played 5 less than Arsenil and 7 less than Manure , so why are we so tired and why are we always calling for players to be rested ?

The Theory is , its because we played in the CL , yet previous seasons to that we played in UEFA cup for a few seaSons , yet we are supposedly tired because we have played the CL which for some strange reason makes you really tired more than the UEFA cup did .

I'm sorry i don't by into that crazy excuse , the reason why have tired players is because arry only played a system that didn't work for us, Baz posted a nice find about the 4 5 1 system we stuck with so that the team could accommodate VDV , it just didn't work for us simple as , and loaning out so many good players i.e Bently Gio Keane Ohara etc tec who i feel could have been used at some point who were good players to bring on in the last 20 , but arry stuck with the same few and we had crucial players injured for a good few months Thudd , King , Defoe , Hutton , Lennon , etc etc , and this stretch the team to its limits, we never had a Plane B ..
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Sun May 15 2011, 22:15

I agree with a lot of that Lobo. I also think though that tiredness can come from the pressure and expectations of juggling with so many different comps. They may have playing strength but we all know it's mental strength that drives teams like Arsenal Manure and Chelski on. It's like a boxer fighting 15 rounnds by about the 12th he is dead on his feet physically but his mental strength keeps him going. That's what we have to learn.
    Boltjean
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by Boltjean Sun May 15 2011, 23:11

How the hell can player's be tired, they are supposed to be athlete's for God's sake. They play a game a week, sometimes a couple, do a bit of training, then it's off to golf or whatever takes there fancy, a night club, hotel room, or betting shop, all this for £30 to £70 thousand a week, my heart bleed's for them, and this is why my love for the game is not what it was. 1960-61, played 42 league games pluss 7 FA Cup games, Bill used 18 player's that season, four player's played in all 49 games, three in 48 games, one in 47 games, one in 46 games, one in 43 games, one in 35 games, 11 player's five hundred and eleven games between them, playing on snow covered pitches, water logged pitches, pitches with ankle deep mud, the first 9 games of the season played in only 27 days, an average of a game every 3 days, now what is it at the begining of a season, I think we played something like 9 games in 65 days, might be wrong, yes it's a hard life a footballers life, and for such little reward.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Sun May 15 2011, 23:20

They were men in those days Len. They are pussies today lol. I agree with you about the physical tiredness that's why I am saying we need to get the mental strength.To be fair though. I think the difference these days is that the game is a lot faster. Put any footballer of today in the teams of years ago and they would be much fitter. Imagine Bale or Lennon running at a 60s or 70s defence? The only way to stop them would be to hack them down but they'd have to catch them first. The game today is vastly different in it's speed.
    Boltjean
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by Boltjean Sun May 15 2011, 23:50

Baz, Jones, Medwin, Dyson, all fast players mate and I believe that Jones would leave Bale and Lennon standing. Many a time I saw Jones, as you say hacked down, and he was going so fast he did not drop to the ground but flew through the air. Look at George Best, another fast player. Its only my oppinion Baz but I think there were Spurs players back then who could have played in todays game, Jones, Dyson, Mckay, Les Allen, Henry, Norman, but I do not think for one minute that there are to many Spurs players that could have coped with playing on those pitches back then, they would have to have a lay down at half time. This is what we lack today in the team, a Chivers instead of a Crouch, a Mike England, a Jennings, a Hoddle, and this is why I said about the foreign players the other day, not many that we have bought are in the same league as those I have mentioned. Do you know what mate, it chokes me to think we will never see the likes of these players again, they were unique,I cant let go of the past because that is where my greatest memories are of this club.

Post by Guest Mon May 16 2011, 00:23

plus we went out the domestic cups early. they aint tired its like baz and lobo said we dont rotate enough.

if bale and vdv are passed fit they start.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Oct 06 2024, 14:14