The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
The KING effect EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
The KING effect EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
The KING effect EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
The KING effect EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
The KING effect EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
The KING effect EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
The KING effect EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
The KING effect EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
The KING effect EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

The KING effect Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+3
ArnieArdiles
shearspur
LOBO
7 posters

The KING effect

LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

The KING effect Empty The KING effect

Post by LOBO Mon May 16 2011, 03:53

Is it just possible that are form went down hill after king went injured, does his leadership make all the difference, today we was the old Tottenham I've missed all seson, and its fair to say our form started to dip around the time king went injured , we challenged ever tackle and closed down the ball so quickly today the defense was immense lol , and we just looked the bees knee's today i never saw this performance coming, and yea when i think about Europa is worth having a crack at , forget looking for a new Goalie we have Cudders if he can play against liverpool then surely hes good enough simple as .

I just have to say Modric is the man , this guy is just magnifico what a player :P
    A brilliant result against the prems inform team , i'd love to see lawro's face

PS

Adios Westham LOLOLOLOLOL

Basketball Basketball Basketball Basketball Basketball Basketball
    shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

The KING effect Empty Re: The KING effect

Post by shearspur Mon May 16 2011, 03:56

i would love to see loughts face

Post by Guest Mon May 16 2011, 04:03

One game since October ! Do me a favour guys lets look to the future rather then dwell on the past. Yes he had a good game but his pace has gone and there is no way we should look to continue to build a defence around him. He has been a great servant but it is time to use him on the training ground rather then in matches . . . .

Post by Guest Mon May 16 2011, 04:13

liverpool where awfull lol but we was great.

danny rose kaboul daws modric even pinar does so much defensivly.

king has so much composure on the ball and plays it out of defence so does kaboul. daws was solid.

cudichini caught nearly everything. krankar when he came on look good he should of got more game time.

what a good day though
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Mon May 16 2011, 04:22

Ledders not only is a class player but he seems to inspires all around him ...
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Mon May 16 2011, 04:31

Ive always thought Dawson looks much more comfortable playing on the right side of a pair , perhaps he shouldnt be moved over to the left to accomodate Gallas..

Post by Guest Mon May 16 2011, 04:41

so wheres all these king out posters gone lol
    shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur Mon May 16 2011, 04:48

lol, as vis just said one game wow. if he was playing and fit for most of season then great but you cant just build a team around will he wont he be fit all season

Post by Guest Mon May 16 2011, 05:10

Loughtonlegend wrote:so wheres all these king out posters gone lol

Gone the same as ledley will be lought, one fcking match in a hundred and you guys come your load.

One game in how many mate ? you are having a laugh to say all that twaddle, yeah, back for a couple of games and then the old groin or knee will kick in and gone for the most of another season.

lmao
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Mon May 16 2011, 05:14

lol at all the anti king post discraceful

Post by Guest Mon May 16 2011, 05:24

LOBO wrote:lol at all the anti king post discraceful

Rubbish lobs, he hasnt played all season and now you blokes believe he is the saviour risen, i am not even going to say watch this space..............?

I am not anti ledley, but spurs pay these blokes to play big money in a cuthroat football world, and king is a great player, as is woodgate, but they will always succomb to injury,if its not next week then its the week after.

If you think ledley will do even half a season next year then put a hundred quid up for charity.

Thats 19 prem game lobs....you want it ?

Post by Guest Mon May 16 2011, 05:29

yep all the negativity after we keep free scoing liverpool out

our 1st clean sheet in 9 games.
    8th clean sheet of the season.

return of the king
    shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur Mon May 16 2011, 05:35

harry out.......king for manager....lol
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Mon May 16 2011, 05:35

lewspurs wrote:

Rubbish lobs, he hasnt played all season and now you blokes believe he is the saviour risen, i am not even going to say watch this space..............?

I am not anti ledley, but spurs pay these blokes to play big money in a cuthroat football world, and king is a great player, as is woodgate, but they will always succomb to injury,if its not next week then its the week after.

If you think ledley will do even half a season next year then put a hundred quid up for charity.

LOL what happened to i quote
    "See you in june.......... lew"

Mate its still May

Post by Guest Mon May 16 2011, 05:35

Loughtonlegend wrote:yep all the negativity after we keep free scoing liverpool out

our 1st clean sheet in 9 games.
    8th clean sheet of the season.

return of the king

Says the man who if we had lost the game 2-0 would be saying " why play king after all those months out " " harry got it wrong again " lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao lol!

Post by Guest Mon May 16 2011, 05:36

thats not down to harry. its upto levy to sort out ledders contract.

what about a basic money then a big bonus when he plays.

Post by Guest Mon May 16 2011, 05:38

LOBO wrote:
    lewspurs wrote:

LOL what happened to i quote
    "See you in june.......... lew"

Mate its still May

i came back on lobs because of the (alleged) harry abuse of spurs fans that you lot believe in your quest to get him in out, and of course by popular demand................ Cool

Post by Guest Mon May 16 2011, 05:44

Loughtonlegend wrote:thats not down to harry. its upto levy to sort out ledders contract.

what about a basic money then a big bonus when he plays.

What about saying goodbye and moving on lought, clutching at straws about a sick player wont give us cb stability.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Mon May 16 2011, 06:38

Now, I'm going to agree with Lew here. In as much as I don't think Ledders will see a full or even half season. Don't get me wrong he's a great player and I would love it if he were to be fit enough to put in a season long shift like he did today but I can't see it. We have got to look to the future and IMO Ledders and Woody are not it.

Post by Guest Mon May 16 2011, 06:44

a player that plays today and makes the defence calmer and plays well and we keep a clean sheet away at liverpool a place where man u chelsea arsenal couldnt win and we win without having to break into 2nd gear and you lot want to get him out lol

how about a whole summer off no world cup just rest hes knees and see what happens in pre season.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Mon May 16 2011, 06:49

Lought he has rested his knees before but the problem always comes back. I'm not saying I want him out because I am being nasty. I'm saying we can't keep changing the back 4 to accomodate Ledders when he is only fit 1 game out of every 3. A team needs a stable defence.

Post by Guest Mon May 16 2011, 08:15

Lought a player who the youngster Danny Rose ran his legs off covering . . . . . .
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Mon May 16 2011, 09:15

Bit of an over reaction to Lobo's post here guys. He's raised a question is all, did the injury to King have a direct influence on our drop in form? Pretty good question really, considering the way we played.

I've always maintained that King has a massive psychological effect on the players around him. He is the calm in the centre of the storm when our defence is under pressure and he lifts the game of those around him, particularly Dawson who looks twice the player with King alongside him. We talk about partnerships up front but Dawson & King is almost telepathic.

However, King is no longer the future, nor is Woodgate. For that matter, neither is Gallas. Dawson, Kaboul and Bassong are though. I posted a while ago that I believe Kaboul is the natural replacement for King and I stick by that, there's so many similarities between the two. For me, King should be retained to ensure that Kaboul is groomwed to be his replacement, also to develop Bassong and Kumalo(?) It's obvious that he is massively respected, the way we up our game when he plays is ample proof of that. Use that respect to turn our 4 youngsters into the best set of CH's in the league.
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Mon May 16 2011, 09:22

ionman34 wrote:
    Bit of an over reaction to Lobo's post here guys. He's raised a question is all, did the injury to King have a direct influence on our drop in form? Pretty good question really, considering the way we played.

I've always maintained that King has a massive psychological effect on the players around him. He is the calm in the centre of the storm when our defence is under pressure and he lifts the game of those around him, particularly Dawson who looks twice the player with King alongside him. We talk about partnerships up front but Dawson & King is almost telepathic.

However, King is no longer the future, nor is Woodgate. For that matter, neither is Gallas. Dawson, Kaboul and Bassong are though. I posted a while ago that I believe Kaboul is the natural replacement for King and I stick by that, there's so many similarities between the two. For me, King should be retained to ensure that Kaboul is groomwed to be his replacement, also to develop Bassong and Kumalo(?) It's obvious that he is massively respected, the way we up our game when he plays is ample proof of that. Use that respect to turn our 4 youngsters into the best set of CH's in the league.

Repped ion

yes this is what im getting at , King has a massive psychological effect on the players around him.

Post by Guest Mon May 16 2011, 09:24

yea i think kaboul is the future. i hope he is groom to play alongside dawson.

i also hope caulker comes back and gets some chances next season

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17 2024, 19:40