The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Gameiro EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Gameiro EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Gameiro EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Gameiro EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Gameiro EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Gameiro EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Gameiro EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Gameiro EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Gameiro EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Gameiro Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

4 posters

Gameiro

cynicsid
    cynicsid
    1st Division
    1st Division

Gameiro Empty Gameiro

Post by cynicsid Thu May 26 2011, 22:34

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDKZgRM-0JA&feature=player_embedded#at=137
    #

Just about every goal he scores is on the break,

Wont get a look in playing with Spurs in our league.
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Gameiro Empty Re: Gameiro

Post by LOBO Thu May 26 2011, 23:09

Is that a joke cid, he looks like that sort of striker we need someone that can make something out of nothing , gotta give these guys a chance i say to prove them selfs
    cynicsid
    cynicsid
    1st Division
    1st Division

Post by cynicsid Thu May 26 2011, 23:23

No mate, He's got darren Bent written all over him. he's excellent, but he wont work at Spurs unless we change the way we play.
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Thu May 26 2011, 23:37

Can't say i know anything about him, hard to really judge someone from a video clip that could have been edited just to show his goals... dunno im very open to someone new coming in.
    HotspurRoper
    HotspurRoper

Post by HotspurRoper Fri May 27 2011, 04:02

Seen this guys name popping up a few time now!!
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Fri May 27 2011, 04:09

Sid I take it you're looking for a fox in the box type ?
    Well Harry is known to be after Ruud or Klose on a free, so maybe it this guy Gaemeiro who looks half decent and one of the two old freebies ..

I'd like Falcao but I cant see that happening as it would mean him dropping out of the CL...
    Wont suprise me if he ends up at the Goons and I will so hate that.
    Crying or Very sad
    cynicsid
    cynicsid
    1st Division
    1st Division

Post by cynicsid Fri May 27 2011, 04:21

ArnieArdiles wrote:Sid I take it you're looking for a fox in the box type ?
    Well Harry is known to be after Ruud or Klose on a free, so maybe it this guy Gaemeiro who looks half decent and one of the two old freebies ..

I'd like Falcao but I cant see that happening as it would mean him dropping out of the CL...
    Wont suprise me if he ends up at the Goons and I will so hate that.
    Crying or Very sad

I dunno, we have a couple of foxes dont we? We need a Drogba type player, Someone who can receive the ball keep it and power on through a defence OR distribute it, someone who is willing to go wide etc. Defoe has been bully'd out of most games VDV is starting to be sussed out, but to be honest I think the biggest problem we had towards the end of the season was the strikers not wanting to have the lowest figures. There wernt a lot of setting up going on between strikers thats for sure.

But a striker that runs passed defences chasing a long ball pass, or taps in 1st time crosses form the wing? like I say thats Bent and we were crap at serving him chances.
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Fri May 27 2011, 04:40

Drogba or Adebayor could be good for that but then Crouch would have to go ?

So agree with your comment regarding the lack of inter play from our strikers but then JD has always been like that throughout his career and with the Euro's next summer , I can only see it getting worse ....
    cynicsid
    cynicsid
    1st Division
    1st Division

Post by cynicsid Fri May 27 2011, 04:44

Just for a sec think about Crouch and Drogba up front. You couldn't miss em. They would win every long ball & cross . Now, bring in VDV behind them to pick up any scraps. I'd say that would be a prolific strike team
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Fri May 27 2011, 05:11

cynicsid wrote:Just for a sec think about Crouch and Drogba up front. You couldn't miss em. They would win every long ball & cross . Now, bring in VDV behind them to pick up any scraps. I'd say that would be a prolific strike team

Ok ...I thought about it ...

My conclusion is, it will ruin Drogba's stats and the Drog will end up getting flak .....

I know what you're upto Sid , trying to get me to change my mind on Crouch, but you'd have a much better chance with Loughtan lol

Honestly mate, I think the best career move for Crouch would be for him to go play in Spain or Italy ...

English club defences have sussed him out and I really do believe, that had he not got injured and substituted at half time on Sunday , Birmingham might still be in the premeirship ...
    cynicsid
    cynicsid
    1st Division
    1st Division

Post by cynicsid Fri May 27 2011, 05:49

LOL.

I think Crouch gets unfair treatment from the refs, especially in europe. Pick any match you want and he is getting knocked all over the shop. elbows the lot, especially backing in. but if he happens to win a tackle or a 50/50 ball the oppo falls over crying and the ref blows.

Thing is we will never stop that so for that reason and no fault of his I would like to see a change made. So I agree with you a bit.

But given a fair crack of the whip that partnership would clean up.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Oct 06 2024, 16:17