The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
tottenham pensioners EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
tottenham pensioners EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
tottenham pensioners EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
tottenham pensioners EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
tottenham pensioners EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
tottenham pensioners EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
tottenham pensioners EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
tottenham pensioners EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
tottenham pensioners EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

tottenham pensioners Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+3
ionman34
LOBO
cstmrsking
7 posters

tottenham pensioners

tottenham pensioners Empty tottenham pensioners

Post by Guest Sat Jun 04 2011, 08:54

is anyone else worried about our team. we have so many oldies its like hoddles back in charge

brad fridel signs a 2 year deal hes 40
    king 31
    cudichini 38
    parker 32
    woodgate
    defoe 30
    rodney 30
    pav 29

we are linked with drobra 34 aswell
    when harry leaves next season we wil be left with even more dead wood then we have now
    cstmrsking
    cstmrsking
    Premiership
    Premiership

tottenham pensioners Empty Re: tottenham pensioners

Post by cstmrsking Sat Jun 04 2011, 09:56

Ageist.
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Sat Jun 04 2011, 10:48

I don't think friedal's age is really an issue shilton played into his 40's and so did seamen.
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Sun Jun 05 2011, 00:24

8 players Lought, in an allowable squad of 25. That allowable squad doesn't account for the under 21 players that we are also allowed to use to supplement.

You truly do love to pick the most negative aspects, no matter how miniscule they are, of this club.

I hope to God I never find you on the other end of the line if I ever need to give the Samaritans a ring!
    lol!
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Sun Jun 05 2011, 01:17

I hope to God I never find you on the other end of the line if I ever need to give the Samaritans a ring!

tottenham pensioners 348204

Post by Guest Sun Jun 05 2011, 01:32

i just dont understand signing brad after giveng cudichini a new contract. brad wont be 3rd choice.

it means gomez is going. somone posted the stats brad v gomez and there was not much in it.

anyway what im saying is i would like gomez as 2nd choice and let him get hes confidence back. hes still young .

ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Sun Jun 05 2011, 03:55

I believe Pletikosa is off which means we would have had just the 2 keepers. Friedel may be old but his reflexes are still excellent and he's steady.

Handy keeper to have IMO.
    cynicsid
    cynicsid
    1st Division
    1st Division

Post by cynicsid Mon Jun 06 2011, 01:44

King & Woodgate lets face it are not contenders for most consistant starters are they, Defoe, Crouch & Pav are all up for replacement after last seasons performances.

I'd say we will be short on experianced players on the pitch if were not careful.
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Mon Jun 06 2011, 02:02

Loughtonlegend wrote:i just dont understand signing brad after giveng cudichini a new contract. brad wont be 3rd choice.

it means gomez is going. somone posted the stats brad v gomez and there was not much in it.

anyway what im saying is i would like gomez as 2nd choice and let him get hes confidence back. hes still young .

Thats a fair point, and at the moment we can only speculate to what is going to happen, but one thing that really concerns me is we are linked to all the old has beens because they are either cheap or going on a free, this arry allover ..levy must love him
    Boltjean
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by Boltjean Mon Jun 06 2011, 05:15

Nothing wrong with your post Lought about the age of Friedel. I must say I was pleased we signed him but did not realise he was 40 so am now having second thought's. It's all well and good saying Shilton and Seamen played on into there 40s but you can not tell me that a keepers reflexes are the same at 40 as they were at 30 or even 35. Yes they may make some great save's that stand out in a game but you need a keeper making great saves week after week. I believe we should get a young keeper either from the premiership or the championship and groom them to become a top goal keeper, Jennings signed from Watford, had a bit of a rough season to start with but it was not long before he was turning in great performances. Bill gave Pat the chance to prove himself, and Pat rewarded Bill for having faith in him by becoming not only the greatest keeper this club has ever had, but one of the greatest in Europe imo. Is there another one out there just waiting for his big chance to become another Pat?.

Post by Guest Mon Jun 06 2011, 05:37

Len, did Jennings not keep turning in splendid performances for our neighbours till he was 40 ? You also have to take into account players fitness levels and training regiemes are so much more advanced these days. Not a bad signing but will he be our #1 ? Would like to see a young 'keeper brought in to start learning his trade alongside the more mature & experienced guys . . . . .
    totalytot
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by totalytot Mon Jun 06 2011, 23:54

12 months ago calamity james was playing for England and is still playing at 41. Whilst not always the most reliable his reflexes are still very good and Freidel had a few star rateings this season so as a no2 I think is an excellent choice until we find a younger keeper for the future.

Mikey M
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Tue Jun 07 2011, 01:42

What an older keeper loses in reflexes I think he will make up with experience. He will see situations taking place on the field that he would have seen many,many times before and will know exactly where he should be. Well, that's tha theory anyway.

Post by Guest Tue Jun 07 2011, 01:52

i dont think theres a problem with brad. but if we let gomez go then both our number ones will be old men lol

Post by Guest Tue Jun 07 2011, 04:54

Friedel is a first class keeper, i will have more confidence in him then i do gomes.

Its pletikosa who,s going lought, friedel puts us back to 3 keepers.

Having said that i think he will start the season as spurs no 1, and gomes will be unhappy if he is still with us.

Post by Guest Tue Jun 07 2011, 06:05

im sure brad wouldnt of come if he wernt given the number 1 spot,
    cudichini wont be happy with harry if hes relegated to 3rd choice.

Post by Guest Tue Jun 07 2011, 07:15

Loughtonlegend wrote:im sure brad wouldnt of come if he wernt given the number 1 spot,
    cudichini wont be happy with harry if hes relegated to 3rd choice.

I reckon that gomes will ask to go if friedal starts the new season, or its possible the rumours are true that he wants to return to psv, that will move cudicini up to second choice as he is now, with spurs getting in another third choice.
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Tue Jun 07 2011, 09:13

lewspurs wrote:

Friedel is a first class keeper, i will have more confidence in him then i do gomes.

Its pletikosa who,s going lought, friedel puts us back to 3 keepers.

Having said that i think he will start the season as spurs no 1, and gomes will be unhappy if he is still with us.

yep i go along with that , gomez makes me nervous he is unpredictable and a liability at times, he can't catch and hes not vocal enough at the back, i always thought a good goalie was someone that the whole team Especially the defense were scared rigid of m Gomez is a pussycat

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Oct 04 2024, 02:25