The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Hard to believe. EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Hard to believe. EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Hard to believe. EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Hard to believe. EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Hard to believe. EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Hard to believe. EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Hard to believe. EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Hard to believe. EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Hard to believe. EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Hard to believe. Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

5 posters

Hard to believe.

Hard to believe. Empty Hard to believe.

Post by Guest Mon Jun 06 2011, 06:50

Reading reports that spurs have to clear out players before getting in new is hard to believe.

Granted that we do have more than a few to clear out surely this is not only from a financial point of view.

The cl campaign earned millions and my thinking most of the season was that this extra money would be reinvested in strengthening the team.

Now we read that the palacios deal has to go through to finance another one ? very odd indeed! if true?

In the knowledge that the owners of spurs have ploughed a lot of money into the club over the seasons, you could be forgiven for perhaps erroneously thinking that lewis and levy view the club as a cash cow.......waiting for that arab buyer to come along but for that very fact.

In the wake of modric apparently voicing an opinion that spurs need to spend to keep him there, we now hear rumours that modric is almost certain to go ? only rumour i know but it seems to be growing, and this is after levy announced that no stars would be sold.....do we believe levy ? i hope so.

Before modric there are so many to clear out, bentley,jenas, keane, palacios and others, the work has to begin to get them off the books, before we cash in on a regular player like modric.

You know the profit is there on modric, we can double up on the bloke but he has a 6 year contract, he is still young, there is no need to hurry, also the same applies to bale.

LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Hard to believe. Empty Re: Hard to believe.

Post by LOBO Mon Jun 06 2011, 09:18

The problem is levy , hes great with money by god he went to Oxford and studied Finance so the guy know' a thing or two about money and how to invest and how to recoup , the only real problem is he don't understand the fundamental workings of transfer market , before we had commoli who dealt with all the coming'd and going's.

I mean do we really know what we are doing in the Market? look at all the crap we are supposed to be bidding on, and look how we diver in the market, this is because of levy, he's always on the look out for a bargain same as harry.
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Mon Jun 06 2011, 11:31

I think you're both wrong guys. Lew because you think that we need to sell to buy and Lobo because you think that Levy doesn't understand the transfer market.

I work in Construction and if there is one thing that is as sure as night following day, it's Subbies pleading poverty. In order to get an early payment/settlement or to get the best possible rate, a subby will wail and moan about how destitute he is ...............

Mostly this happens right before he goes out and buys himself a brand new Range Rover!

Levy is playing the Subby game. Let me put it to you this way, who in his right mind goes out and shouts 'I've got loadsa moneeeeeeeeeeey', like they're Harry Enfield, if they're trying to get the best possible deal they can? One minute we're P*ssing and moaning about how Chavski & Citeh have inflated the market to ridiculous proportions, then the next we're saying that Levy should be paying whatever price tag he's quoted! OK, granted he has made mistakes, namely Suarez, but his successes far outweigh these. He's already shown that he is prepared to pay if he can't get a better deal (Modric being a prime example), so how about you give him a little more credit for transfer savvy.

Referring back to Suarez, how do we know that Suarez didn't say 'Bollox to Spurs' once 'Pool entered the fray? We don't so even saying that he made a mistake with Suarez is an assumption.

As opposed to January, Levy has time in this window to work his deals. My opinion is that we will get the strikers that we want, we'll offload a few players to accomodate, and overall the fans will be happy with the nett result.

I have a good feeling about this window.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Mon Jun 06 2011, 11:51

Can't see how we haven't got the money to be honest. We were willing to pay mega bucks for Caroll before Liverpool stepped in.
    Boycey
    Boycey
    3rd Division
    3rd Division

Post by Boycey Mon Jun 06 2011, 15:15

BazSpur wrote:Can't see how we haven't got the money to be honest. We were willing to pay mega bucks for Caroll before Liverpool stepped in.

Its all about balancing the books this year for all clubs as the financial fairplay rule that came on 1st June.
    Clubs have to break even..can only spend what they bring in and that includes wages transfer fees etc...

So every club is going to have to sell before they can buy.....

Post by Guest Mon Jun 06 2011, 18:01

ionman34 wrote:
    I think you're both wrong guys. Lew because you think that we need to sell to buy and Lobo because you think that Levy doesn't understand the transfer market.

I work in Construction and if there is one thing that is as sure as night following day, it's Subbies pleading poverty. In order to get an early payment/settlement or to get the best possible rate, a subby will wail and moan about how destitute he is ...............

Mostly this happens right before he goes out and buys himself a brand new Range Rover!

Levy is playing the Subby game. Let me put it to you this way, who in his right mind goes out and shouts 'I've got loadsa moneeeeeeeeeeey', like they're Harry Enfield, if they're trying to get the best possible deal they can? One minute we're P*ssing and moaning about how Chavski & Citeh have inflated the market to ridiculous proportions, then the next we're saying that Levy should be paying whatever price tag he's quoted! OK, granted he has made mistakes, namely Suarez, but his successes far outweigh these. He's already shown that he is prepared to pay if he can't get a better deal (Modric being a prime example), so how about you give him a little more credit for transfer savvy.

Referring back to Suarez, how do we know that Suarez didn't say 'Bollox to Spurs' once 'Pool entered the fray? We don't so even saying that he made a mistake with Suarez is an assumption.

As opposed to January, Levy has time in this window to work his deals. My opinion is that we will get the strikers that we want, we'll offload a few players to accomodate, and overall the fans will be happy with the nett result.

I have a good feeling about this window.

But thats the thing ion ! i dont believe we have to sell to be able to buy, from the evidence we have earned money from the champions league i truly believe the money is there.

Once again its only from all the various sources i am scaling for the transfer bollox that i keep encountering this thing about needing to sell a certain player etc etc to finance buying whatisname etc etc.

As i said its probably only newspaper crap again, if they say it enough times we might believe it.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Mon Jun 06 2011, 20:31

The press in general seem to hate us along with certain pundits on the telly.They will do and say anything to knock us. I don't think any other team in the prem gets linked with as many players as us every season.
    totalytot
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by totalytot Tue Jun 07 2011, 00:10

[quote="BazSpur"]The press in general seem to hate us along with certain pundits on the telly.They will do and say anything to knock us. I don't think any other team in the prem gets linked with as many players as us every season.[/quot

I'm not sure that's true Baz. Chelsea,Citeh,Utd and L'pool are always being linked with players it's just that we really only look in depth at our own team and it gets magnified in our minds.
    I also don't subscribe to the notion that we are hated by the press why would they hate us anymore than any other team. In fact when I watched Sunday Supplement on Sky a lot of the guest jounalists on there were Spurs supporters. I just think we are a bit sensative about our own team and i'm sure supporters of other teams feel the same about their side,especially gooners as the press always seem to have it in for Wenger....quite rightly so I might add.

Mikey M
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Tue Jun 07 2011, 01:38

Maybe you're right Tot.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Oct 05 2024, 23:23