The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Gyan. EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Gyan. EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Gyan. EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Gyan. EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Gyan. EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Gyan. EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Gyan. EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Gyan. EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Gyan. EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Gyan. Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

3 posters

Gyan.

Gyan. Empty Gyan.

Post by Guest Sat Jun 11 2011, 07:18

With not too many looking in on the transfer bollox forum i thought i might give this one an airing on main chat.

Any deal for crouch to sunderland would involve gyan coming to spurs reports the guardian.

Yep just another paper report, but the guardian has a 35 % accuracy rate in its transfer reports.

Perhaps crouch is on his way?

Gyan. Empty Re: Gyan.

Post by Guest Sat Jun 11 2011, 08:40

gyan nuffin specal either, hardly set sunderland alight. but they can have crouch for free
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Sat Jun 11 2011, 08:48

Loughtonlegend wrote:gyan nuffin specal either, hardly set sunderland alight. but they can have crouch for free

Bent didn't set Spurs alight but he's been mustard ever since Lought. I would have thought that the Football knowledge on here would be able to suss that how a player performs for one club doesn't indicate how he will perform for others.

I give you Tewence Henry as a prime example, garbage for Juve, a legend for the goons.

The system, the players, the management and even the fans all have a bearing on how a player performs, just ask Chris Armstrong!

Gyan looks lively and may just be able to do a job for us. Don't get me wrong, he's not even in my top 5 choices so I'm not saying we should buy him, only that you can't judge him on how he performed for Sunderland.

Post by Guest Sat Jun 11 2011, 09:07

well i saw him play aganst england he scored but didnt do m uch else.

he scores good goals but not tap ins. i want somone on the end of lennon bales crosses. sumone like the young guy at man u.

Post by Guest Sat Jun 11 2011, 09:11

kewwin jones would be a decent player. he quick. he can score with hes head, he would be a good cheap option....
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Sat Jun 11 2011, 09:20

Loughtonlegend wrote:kewwin jones would be a decent player. he quick. he can score with hes head, he would be a good cheap option....

I've been thinking Jones would be a good buy ever since we were first linked with him last season. As you say he's big, quick and good in the air. However, he won't be cheap and, let's face it, he's rather injury prone.

This young Brazilian chap, from what I'm reading, is from a similar mould but has even more in his bag of tricks. I'd like to see him brought in along with another smaller striker (hernandez maybe) along with Drogba. I'd rather we had Falcao than Drogba but I really can't see us getting him as I think we'll bepriced out of the bidding. He's probably the hottest property, strikerwise, in European Football so I can see him going to Spain before the EPL.

Post by Guest Sat Jun 11 2011, 09:38

falco would be good. i cant see drogba wanting to come to us. .

jones we could get but i think most fans wouldnt be happy with him.

ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Sat Jun 11 2011, 09:51

Loughtonlegend wrote:falco would be good. i cant see drogba wanting to come to us. .

jones we could get but i think most fans wouldnt be happy with him.

Falcao is, IMO, a non starter. He's just too high profile now. Drogba I think would come to us. The service he'd get would bring him lots of goals, which in turn will prolong his service in the top flight.

That's assuming he's intelligent enough to realise this and isn't just focussed on short term gain.

Jones I make you right on. There will be an element in the club who will never be happy with 'his type of player'. He could score a shed load of goals and all that will do is keep them quietly grumbling. But hit a barren spell and his back would look like a Circus knife throwers target board!

Post by Guest Sat Jun 11 2011, 10:05

he would thrive on all the crosses. he would jump at the chance of moving to spurs. its a shame man c wont sell to us because adywhore would be good for us. hes strong he can score with hes head . he would fit into our team
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Sat Jun 11 2011, 10:08

What about Adebayour if he wanted to come to us fella's?
    shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur Sat Jun 11 2011, 10:14

yeah i would take him baz. imagine if he put one in past the goons. be worth the ticket price alone
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Sat Jun 11 2011, 10:18

Yeah, and then ran the length of the pitch to celebrate in front of the w*nkers lolol.
    shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur Sat Jun 11 2011, 10:25

nice baz eh.

Post by Guest Sat Jun 11 2011, 10:35

id take him all day long baz
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Sat Jun 11 2011, 10:40

So would I Lought if only to get up the noses of the goonies lol.

Post by Guest Sat Jun 11 2011, 16:59

ionman34 wrote:
    Loughtonlegend wrote:gyan nuffin specal either, hardly set sunderland alight. but they can have crouch for free

Bent didn't set Spurs alight but he's been mustard ever since Lought. I would have thought that the Football knowledge on here would be able to suss that how a player performs for one club doesn't indicate how he will perform for others.

I give you Tewence Henry as a prime example, garbage for Juve, a legend for the goons.

The system, the players, the management and even the fans all have a bearing on how a player performs, just ask Chris Armstrong!

Gyan looks lively and may just be able to do a job for us. Don't get me wrong, he's not even in my top 5 choices so I'm not saying we should buy him, only that you can't judge him on how he performed for Sunderland.

Gyan ! from what i have seen looks pretty nifty, ok he isnt setting sunderland ablaze but what would he do with the service he would recieve at spurs, he aint getting much from the sunderland midfield, and he still scores....its about potential here i believe and sometimes you have to take a chance.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Oct 05 2024, 23:18