The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Seems like. EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Seems like. EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Seems like. EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Seems like. EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Seems like. EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Seems like. EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Seems like. EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Seems like. EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Seems like. EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Seems like. Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+2
shearspur
LOBO
6 posters

Seems like.

Seems like. Empty Seems like.

Post by Guest Thu Jun 16 2011, 23:37

The papers want modric sold if only to say " we told you so "

The modric story is everywhere at the moment and i reckon a lot of spurs fans are holding their breath.

Well i suppose it will all pan out during the summer, but we have to believe harry and levy in that we are building a team and not dismantling.

A little worried that levy will get an offer he cant refuse. What a Face
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Seems like. Empty Re: Seems like.

Post by LOBO Thu Jun 16 2011, 23:47

I've got this horrible feeling that we will go and do something really stupid, like selling him to UTD , if he really wants out its got to be abroad , please not to our rivals nothing could be worse .

Post by Guest Fri Jun 17 2011, 01:02

if he goes then it shows levy just cares about money.
    modric the 1 player that we cant let go. we dont need money so why sell

wenger already said he wont sell nasri to man u so why do we sell to teams above us.

if he really wants to go then selll him for 50mil to inter or sum crappy team abroad.

Post by Guest Fri Jun 17 2011, 01:07

I have a horrible feeling that if Abramovich coughs up £35/40M then Levy will cum in his pants, sigh softly and get his abacus out to count the Roubles . . . . .
    shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur Fri Jun 17 2011, 02:18

he will be sold, no doubt in my mind. im suprised some of you are still thinking this year will be any different. we didnt make champions lge so that will be all the excuse they need, and we will never be regulars in it till they stop the continual nurturing players till they have a bigger sell on fee

Post by Guest Fri Jun 17 2011, 02:22

modric not helping by sayin if offer comes in and spurs accept then sumthing could happen.

is it true henderson has better stats the modric.
    seebee1944
    seebee1944
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by seebee1944 Fri Jun 17 2011, 02:46

From what i understand Modric to have said it was that IF an acceptable offer to the club was made then he would consider it. That to me means the initial decision is up to Mr Levy and if he says yes it just confirms the lack of ambition over the greed of money.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Fri Jun 17 2011, 02:57

Rumour mill is saying Chelski have come back with 35 mill plus Drogba.

Post by Guest Fri Jun 17 2011, 04:44

I have seen that one too baz, drogba being the bait for harry to bite on for modric.
    Boycey
    Boycey
    3rd Division
    3rd Division

Post by Boycey Fri Jun 17 2011, 05:20

I honestly think that Modric wants to go and that he is just waiting for the club to accept an offer. If a player doesnt want to play for us then i say let him leave. No player is bigger than the club and i would rather have players that want to play for us.

Selling a player who wants to go and we get a large amount for him is not a lack of ambition in my eyes. Its what the chairman does with the money shows a lack of or show huge ambition.

I would rather Modric stay but as i say if he wants to go and we can get a huge amount for him then let him go !!

Post by Guest Fri Jun 17 2011, 06:03

I don't want to lose Moddle. But I think Drogba would work for us. I would like to see Levy say you ain't having Lil Luka but we will purchase Drogba. Won't happen tho'. The Russian Gangsters Roubles will talk and certain players will walk . . . . .
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Fri Jun 17 2011, 07:45

Unbelievable.

You're all such a bundle of Sunshine today hey?

You all REALLY need to do something about those inferiority complexes.

Post by Guest Fri Jun 17 2011, 10:30

why are we. it looks like chelsea have put in a silly offer to start the ball rolling. im sure we wil sell if they offer 35/40 mill

its like somone else said if we do sell then i hope we use the money on players. since getting top 4 we hardly brought anyone.
    wheres all the money we got from that
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Fri Jun 17 2011, 21:36

Loughtonlegend wrote:why are we.

Because every time an offer is put forward you show it by stating that we will sell because they're bigger than us. You assume it's inevitable because you're defeatist, you see us as inferior.

it looks like chelsea have put in a silly offer to start the ball rolling. im sure we wil sell if they offer 35/40 mill

I'm sure we won't because;

a) He's worth more than that anyway.
    b) What we'll lose FAR exceeds what we'll make if we sell him.
    c) Levy has stated e'll not sell.
    d) Harry has stated we'll not sell.
    e) Modric has stated he'll stay unless Spurs decide to sell and then he'll ONLY talk to the other club.
    f) His Agent has stated that he's happy with us and is not agitating for a move.
    g) He has 6 years left on his contract and will be worth as much, if not more, next season.

There you go, 7 concrete reasons to back my assertion. Where is your evidence that he will go apart from your feeling of inevitability brought on by your inferiority complex?

its like somone else said if we do sell then i hope we use the money on players. since getting top 4 we hardly brought anyone.

wheres all the money we got from that

Currently it is sitting there available so that we can buy players, that doesn't mean we have to spunk it on over priced players though. Levy is going about his business and the latest I'm hearing is that Dimiao is close to being signed and Parker will be ours for around 5 mill.

And June isn't over yet.

The window is a frenzy at the moment Lought with everyone seemingly going for the same targets. This is inflating the market ridiculously and selling clubs are taking advantage outrageously. 20 mill for Henderson FFS! Levy has a difficult job trying to get in the quality we need for the right price and within the wage structure. I'm hoping that the reports about Adabad being happy to fit into our wage structure are true as I think he'll do really well with us.

I've had a good feeling about this window and nothing yet has me thinking otherwise.

BTW, rumours are now flying that Eto'o may entertain playing in the Prem. I don't know how accurate the reports are but it is said that he has claimed that money is not the driving factor. Yeah, I know .................

But get this, he's a Spurs fan!

If only. At 30 he still has 3 to 4 years in him and he is absolute mustard.

Post by Guest Fri Jun 17 2011, 22:47

Pasted below part of an article on Chelski from today's Telegraph . . . .

A bid of £22m has been submitted for Tottenham’s Luka Modric which has been dismissed out-of-hand. However Chelsea are expected to return with an increased offer and, crucially, it is understood that the 25-year-old Croatian is keen to push through the move.

Interestingly Manchester City reacted to the news that Chelsea had bid for Modric by making their own inquiry for the midfielder yesterday but it is understood that he would prefer to stay in London and is also likely to spurn interest from Manchester United should they bid.

On Thursday Spurs manager Harry Redknapp responded to Chelsea’s bid by saying: “Luka is not for sale. But if there has been a bid of £22m, that is ridiculous. There are people being sold for £20m who are not fit to lace Luka’s boots.” That was in a pointed reference to Jordan Henderson’s transfer from Sunderland to Liverpool — although the fee is actually £16m — but Spurs are annoyed that Chelsea have tried to unsettle their player with such a low offer especially as they agreed to pay £50m for Fernando Torres.

After all, Modric arrived at White Hart Lane, prior to Euro 2008, in a deal worth £16m so Spurs would expect to double their money for a player who has thrived in the Premier League and who also has three years left on his contract.

So many different rumours circulating on this one. I wonder who the source is for the part I highlighted about Moddle pushing for the move ? I suppose it sells papers & keeps fans debating thro' the dead of summer . . . .

Post by Guest Fri Jun 17 2011, 23:12

ionman34 wrote:
    Unbelievable.

You're all such a bundle of Sunshine today hey?

You all REALLY need to do something about those inferiority complexes.

Its my job ion as transfer bollox manager lol! to report every little titbit that i get hold of, and it doesnt mean its my personal view, but going through all the sources of transfer gossip the modric thing is really forefront in their tiny minds.

As i said i took on the job, and hope the work it involves isnt wasted, i am sure we have bale to come next.

To be continued...............

Post by Guest Sat Jun 18 2011, 01:25

I really think that modric will be with us next season, unless some team make a silly offer which levy wont refuse, by that i reckon £45 to £50 million.

The thing is he would be a big loss because he is a little work horse in midfield making things happen, but money talks in this game.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Sep 10 2024, 00:44