The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Is modric overrated ? EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Is modric overrated ? EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Is modric overrated ? EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Is modric overrated ? EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Is modric overrated ? EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Is modric overrated ? EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Is modric overrated ? EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Is modric overrated ? EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Is modric overrated ? EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Is modric overrated ? Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

2 posters

Is modric overrated ?

Is modric overrated ? Empty Is modric overrated ?

Post by Guest Sat Jun 18 2011, 23:34

I know this is controversial, and i ask this in the knowledge that many rate luka our best player, but i can only go by what i have seen and i dont go to match days anymore, so its an opinion based upon televised games.

Modric is a hard working footballer, a great little battler in midfield, also trying to get things going up front, but one flaw i noticed was many misplaced passes, i saw this many times, and i think lought pointed this out a few times in his many aftermatch rants, along with his defoe and crouch appraisals.

Modric wasnt the only culprit throughout last season to be guilty of this fact, many spurs players lost possession with badly placed passes, so i am not pin pointing modric alone.

In my opinion he,s a good player, but not yet in the GREAT class, as you might maybe class past spurs heroes like hoddle or ardiles.

You have to ask how did we get on when he missed games through injury last season ? perhaps someone could do the stats on games with and without modric.

Would we miss him if he went ? of course we would but he isnt irreplaceable.imo.
    shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Is modric overrated ? Empty Re: Is modric overrated ?

Post by shearspur Sat Jun 18 2011, 23:38

well he doesnt get enough goals from midfield imo and some of his shots were way off the mark.

Post by Guest Sat Jun 18 2011, 23:45

Thats another thing i noticed shear, many shots at goal didnt come off .

As i said he,s a good player, but isnt a great one yet,but he still has that potential at his age.
    shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur Sun Jun 19 2011, 00:02

i would love to keep him lew if hes in the right frame of mind if levy stands his ground, but like you say i wouldnt say hes irreplaceable yet.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Sun Jun 19 2011, 00:25

No player is irreplaceable. I remember when Greaves (Although he was past his best) Left us to go to the Spam. Supporters were saying he was irreplaceable. He wasn't and look at the strikers we had after Greaves. Hoddle was irreplaceable, Gazza was Ardiles would never be replaced. I say again no player is bigger than the club.
    shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur Sun Jun 19 2011, 00:53

baz what upsets me is the way they totally disrespect our club and supporters,by him saying yes i want to leave to go to chelsea cos they have ambitions of winning things, just totally does my head in. dont we have ambitions then ,dont we want to become great again luca ? but how can we ever realise those ambitions when you get players like him derailing our building towards those very ambitions he is craving ?have some balls modric and stay and try and make thfc a great team once more instead of moving to a ready made comfort zone. every season it is one player or another sticking the bloody knife in. if he has come out with those comments i say clear off cos you are all that is wrong with football at this present time. bring back the 70s, you knew where you stood at least on a level playing field.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Sun Jun 19 2011, 01:03

I agree 100% Shear. Trouble is it's all money oriented now. If we could offer him 130000 a week would he still go? Maybe not. The problem I feel is, until we get a bigger stadium to bring in more money to pay players the type of wages Manure Chelsea and City pay, we are screwed. That IMO is the real crux of the matter and that is where Levy should be directing his energy. Whether that be at the Lane or somewhere else, we need a bigger stadium to compete.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Sep 10 2024, 00:44