The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Modric Gone EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Modric Gone EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Modric Gone EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Modric Gone EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Modric Gone EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Modric Gone EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Modric Gone EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Modric Gone EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Modric Gone EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Modric Gone Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

4 posters

Modric Gone

LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Modric Gone Empty Modric Gone

Post by LOBO Wed Jul 06 2011, 17:41

Going to chelsea 40 mill

Modric Gone Empty Re: Modric Gone

Post by Guest Wed Jul 06 2011, 18:14

Luka Modric will admit to Tottenham today that he wants to join Andre Villas-Boas’ revolution at Chelsea.

The news is bound to disappoint not only Spurs but both Manchester clubs, who have their eye on the talented Croatian midfielder. Modric, however, will not be granted an easy passage out of White Hart Lane.

And, like Carlos Tevez at Man City, he may well find that leaving while under a long-term contract is easier said than done.

Last night Spurs chairman Daniel Levy insisted the club would not be allowing Modric to join their London rivals.

“I wish to make it absolutely clear, as I have said previously, that none of our key players will be sold this summer,” said Levy.

“We are building a team for the future to consistently play at the highest level and retaining quality players is crucial to that.”

He added: “In respect of Luka Modric, we are not prepared to sell, at any price, to Chelsea Football Club or any other club.

“We made our stance on this issue abundantly clear in writing to Chelsea. They chose to ignore it and then subsequently made the offer public.

“For the avoidance of any doubt, let me reiterate that we shall not enter into any negotiations whatsoever, with any club, regarding Luka.”

Read more: http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Wed Jul 06 2011, 22:39

MAXIMUS wrote:Luka Modric will admit to Tottenham today that he wants to join Andre Villas-Boas’ revolution at Chelsea.

The news is bound to disappoint not only Spurs but both Manchester clubs, who have their eye on the talented Croatian midfielder. Modric, however, will not be granted an easy passage out of White Hart Lane.

And, like Carlos Tevez at Man City, he may well find that leaving while under a long-term contract is easier said than done.

Last night Spurs chairman Daniel Levy insisted the club would not be allowing Modric to join their London rivals.

“I wish to make it absolutely clear, as I have said previously, that none of our key players will be sold this summer,” said Levy.

“We are building a team for the future to consistently play at the highest level and retaining quality players is crucial to that.”

He added: “In respect of Luka Modric, we are not prepared to sell, at any price, to Chelsea Football Club or any other club.

“We made our stance on this issue abundantly clear in writing to Chelsea. They chose to ignore it and then subsequently made the offer public.

“For the avoidance of any doubt, let me reiterate that we shall not enter into any negotiations whatsoever, with any club, regarding Luka.”

Levy made that quote 2 weeks ago, not last night.

Modric is currently in Croatia and has not made any comment.

The SSN reporter made that sh*t up on the spot when the doughnut realised that he was hanging around WHL, waiting for Modric to arrive, a day too early. The other lazy hacks have just run his BS report as fact because it sells papers.

No matter how many times I post that this is bullsh*t, the same posts keep getting put up here.

Once again it seems that there are Spurs 'fans' out there wanting this to come true so that they can say 'I told you so.'

Rather sickening actually.
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Wed Jul 06 2011, 23:00

ionman34 wrote:
    MAXIMUS wrote:Luka Modric will admit to Tottenham today that he wants to join Andre Villas-Boas’ revolution at Chelsea.

The SSN reporter made that sh*t up on the spot when the doughnut realised that he was hanging around WHL, waiting for Modric to arrive, a day too early. The other lazy hacks have just run his BS report as fact because it sells papers.

No matter how many times I post that this is bullsh*t, the same posts keep getting put up here.

Once again it seems that there are Spurs 'fans' out there wanting this to come true so that they can say 'I told you so.'

I'm going to start calling you Max clifford ino if you don't mind, you seem to be the only one in the know about everything lol!

Hes going mate, hes in Croatia why isn't he back with the team training ? seeing preseason training is underway, i think he will go , and only because he wants to
    DJSR
    DJSR
    Admin
    Admin

Post by DJSR Wed Jul 06 2011, 23:17

Harry said on SSN the other day that Modric will be joining up with the squad on Thursday as he is on International duty.
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Wed Jul 06 2011, 23:43

LOBO wrote:
    ionman34 wrote:

I'm going to start calling you Max clifford ino if you don't mind, you seem to be the only one in the know about everything lol!

No. It's simply that I'm the only one making an effort to see the truth.
    Redknapp has stated that he's in Croatia on Intternational duty, following his honeymoon. Modric himself said he'd be back 7th/8th in his last interview so nothing new here.

But then you can't get any sensationalism out of facts can you.

Hes going mate

No he hasn't. No further offers made and none to be entertained. He'll be wearing Lillywhite when the season kicks off. Bank on it.

, hes in Croatia why isn't he back with the team training ?

See above. It really doesn't take that much to find this out for yourself. Leave the bullsh*t redtop bollox alone and find out for yourself instead of letting the rags do your thinking for you.

seeing preseason training is underway, i think he will go , and only because he wants to

More supposition. Not one concrete quote from Modric yet but already you know his mind.

If I'm Max Clifford you've gotta be Chris Angel.

Without the ability that is.

DJSR
    DJSR
    Admin
    Admin

Post by DJSR Thu Jul 07 2011, 00:16

For anyone who missed the Harry interview on SSN, Click here > LINK
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Thu Jul 07 2011, 00:29

I guess we will just have to wait and see. Me? I take nothing for granted. As my mum used to say, it will all come out in the wash.
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Thu Jul 07 2011, 03:37

ionman34 wrote:
    LOBO wrote:
    ionman34 wrote:

No. It's simply that I'm the only one making an effort to see the truth.
    Redknapp has stated that he's in Croatia on Intternational duty, following his honeymoon. Modric himself said he'd be back 7th/8th in his last interview so nothing new here.

But then you can't get any sensationalism out of facts can you.

Hes going mate

No he hasn't. No further offers made and none to be entertained. He'll be wearing Lillywhite when the season kicks off. Bank on it.

, hes in Croatia why isn't he back with the team training ?

See above. It really doesn't take that much to find this out for yourself. Leave the bullsh*t redtop bollox alone and find out for yourself instead of letting the rags do your thinking for you.

seeing preseason training is underway, i think he will go , and only because he wants to

More supposition. Not one concrete quote from Modric yet but already you know his mind.

If I'm Max Clifford you've gotta be Chris Angel.

Without the ability that is.

Harry Today " Quote
    Harry Redknapp has conceded it will be 'difficult' to keep him after taking a step back from negotiations.

Post by Guest Thu Jul 07 2011, 04:36

Bloody ridiculous, modric isnt even in the country and here we have him going to chelsea.lol.
    Come on lads, lets wait and see what happens.?
    God i take a few days off from the transfer bollox and all hell is let loose. bom

Max clifford and chris angel made me laugh though. lol!
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Thu Jul 07 2011, 16:57

lewspurs wrote:Bloody ridiculous, modric isnt even in the country and here we have him going to chelsea.lol.
    God i take a few days off from the transfer bollox and all hell is let loose. bom

All Hell Lew?

Lobo and I have merely had a mild disagreement on the veracity of reports on the demise of our contract with one Luka Modric.

And I shall be milking the 'told you so's' for all they're worth!

lmao lmao

Post by Guest Thu Jul 07 2011, 21:53

According to his agent modric will see out his contract, but what this does say (to me anyway) is that he isnt happy and i just hope it doesnt reflect in his performances.
    Having said that i believe it isnt the money with him, more the competing in the cl.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Thu Jul 07 2011, 22:06

See his contract out Lew? What all of the five years or so he has left? I can't see that myself. If we don't get CL next season it will all blow up again.
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Thu Jul 07 2011, 22:23

ionman34 wrote:
    lewspurs wrote:Bloody ridiculous, modric isnt even in the country and here we have him going to chelsea.lol.

All Hell Lew?

Lobo and I have merely had a mild disagreement on the veracity of reports on the demise of our contract with one Luka Modric.

And I shall be milking the 'told you so's' for all they're worth!

lmao lmao

C'mon guys l, its all for the good of the game that we can take the P*ss out each other, BTW
    I've just read abramovich is now plotting to destroyed a large part of Croatia with his battleship after failing to get what he wants, and he always gets what he wants but this time he don't get Smile welldone spurs, show other clubs how its done

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content