The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Will we challenge this season ? EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Will we challenge this season ? EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Will we challenge this season ? EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Will we challenge this season ? EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Will we challenge this season ? EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Will we challenge this season ? EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Will we challenge this season ? EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Will we challenge this season ? EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Will we challenge this season ? EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Will we challenge this season ? Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+5
BazSpur
spurslegend
MarkA249
shearspur
LOBO
9 posters

Will we challenge this season ?

LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Will we challenge this season ? Empty Will we challenge this season ?

Post by LOBO Mon Jul 18 2011, 20:36

With no real signings to speak of I'm starting to wonder if we are going to sign anyone this season , i can't atm see how on earth we will challenge for top 4 considering we have the same team more or less

I can't see the light at the end of the tunnel , im really starting to think we wont sign anyone .. and we will be faced with the same old BS excuses again ..

Other teams can get players in quickly and we can never seem to sign targets we want, also we are linked with every striker going, are we that desperate...
    shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Will we challenge this season ? Empty Re: Will we challenge this season ?

Post by shearspur Mon Jul 18 2011, 20:48

as i said in kaiser chiefs post, until enic and joe lewis inject the club with big funding we will not challenge the top 4 the way they are all building, especially liverpool who have found out that not being within grasp of 4th place is detrimental in the long run to the clubs finances and future supporters to keep the club going. i dont think we need loads of changes for us to challenge but its going to be a last min rush as usual with harry grabing a couple of left overs that others didnt want. hardly persuading our best players that we are an ambitious club now is it.
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Mon Jul 18 2011, 22:39

shearspur wrote:as i said in kaiser chiefs post, until enic and joe lewis inject the club with big funding we will not challenge the top 4 the way they are all building, especially liverpool who have found out that not being within grasp of 4th place is detrimental in the long run to the clubs finances and future supporters to keep the club going. i dont think we need loads of changes for us to challenge but its going to be a last min rush as usual with harry grabing a couple of left overs that others didnt want. hardly persuading our best players that we are an ambitious club now is it.

Yep liverpool look good this season , it will be difficult because nothing is happening, and its as if levy has buried his head in the sand , they say they will sign 1 or 2 big names to show modric how ambitious we are , we shell see

Post by Guest Tue Jul 19 2011, 01:46

we will be in bottom 5 come october. then harry will get the sack

did you read the sunday mirror. harry talkin about every club and what they think they wil do this season and talkin about there signings

ffs harry stop talkin to the media and papers and go and look at players.

kenny dalglish is doing the right thing, he dont speak to anyone and gone ahead and brought players.

how come we almost got charlie adams in jan then this window we dont even bother trying for him
    MarkA249
    MarkA249
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by MarkA249 Tue Jul 19 2011, 01:53

Cause Arry knew Adam had has heart set on scouses and in Jan he knew it was last min and scouses were tied up in the Carroll deal. As soon as Hutton goes to Villa Keane goes wherever i think we will sign somebody hopefully if not it will be August 31 1057.pm big Jim Whyte on sky sports news going off his head saying Spurs sign ..............
    spurslegend
    spurslegend
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by spurslegend Tue Jul 19 2011, 02:47

liverpool signins lol a kid from sunderland who faded last season for 20 mil are you cnuts taking the P*ss downing lol lol for f*ck sake get a grip we are still miles in front of them cnuts with out signing anyone you lot on this site have got to be gooners the way you coat the spurs why dont you go out and buy man utd tops fickle pr*cks

Post by Guest Tue Jul 19 2011, 02:49

lmao
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Tue Jul 19 2011, 02:58

I was going to delete Dave's post but I think I'll leave it so you can see the wisdom in the words PMSL.

Post by Guest Tue Jul 19 2011, 03:42

he had hes hart set on liverpool that last jan he almost went to spurs and was said to be crying after missing out on joining us

Post by Guest Tue Jul 19 2011, 03:44

since kenny went back to liverpoo he has changed them around. we was about20 points and a game in hand of them and they clawed it back and almost pipped us to 5th

haryr loves everyone else more then us. hes had so many chances to get players in and we get that averge player in from everton and had a bid rejeckted for phill nevil lol

harry supports the goons
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Tue Jul 19 2011, 04:42

Will we challenge this season ? 348204 Harry is a goon supporter. It's well known.

Post by Guest Tue Jul 19 2011, 06:23

spurslegend wrote:liverpool signins lol a kid from sunderland who faded last season for 20 mil are you cnuts taking the P*ss downing lol lol for f*ck sake get a grip we are still miles in front of them cnuts with out signing anyone you lot on this site have got to be gooners the way you coat the spurs why dont you go out and buy man utd tops fickle pr*cks

Thanx for that in-depth analysis Mr Leggy. I'm sure that's sorted most things out . . . . . .
    totalytot
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by totalytot Wed Jul 20 2011, 09:27

[quote="spurslegend"]liverpool signins lol a kid from sunderland who faded last season for 20 mil are you cnuts taking the P*ss downing lol lol for f*ck sake get a grip we are still miles in front of them cnuts with out signing anyone you lot on this site have got to be gooners the way you coat the spurs why dont you go out and buy man utd tops fickle pr*cks [/quote

I don't consider Suarez and Carroll as bad signings. They would certainly make a great difference to our side that's for sure. It's players of that calibre we need to get in before the window closes.

Mikey M
    SuneJim
    SuneJim
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by SuneJim Wed Jul 20 2011, 10:09

The problem is on this board all you ever hear about is the bad stuff & negatives you never hear about any thing else. Dave doesn't mince his words you all know that & i can see where he comes from,,,, i've had my say on here as well.

This board is full of fickle whinging f*ckers that don't have a good word to say. Harry's wrong,,,,,,,,, The Players are wrong & never give reasons. Just say they are. I have respect for a few people on this board & i feel sorry for Baz because it's just not worth taking seriously any more.

You may try & take the P*ss out of Dave for his post,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, but you can't because he's bang on!
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Wed Jul 20 2011, 11:32

I think the point is Jim we are all fickle. All of us without exception are and have been fickle in some way or other. Maybe some are less fickle than others. I am fickle and I am the first to admit it but I don't believe there isn't a set of supporters in Britain and possibly the World that aren't fickle. It's what we are. It goes with the game. I see nothing wrong in giving Arry stick if he deserves it it's what he gets paid for. He takes the flak not just from us but from the media too, remember the wheeler, dealer interview? Levy gets stick too and quite rightly, the fiasco over the OS was just that a fiasco a f*cking circus IMO and it is my opinion which we are all entitled to. I know Dave is passionate Jim and I admire that but is Dave any more passionate than any one else on here? I don't think so personally. We are passionate in different ways is all. What I found offensive about Daves post is the terminology used. We are all cnuts and pr*cks. Why? because we have an opinion that doesn't tally with Dave's? As it happens there are some on here that would agree with Dave so they can't be cnuts and pr*cks can they? It's not true that NOBODY on here has a good word to say forHarry. Thake time to read through some of the posts and you will see that plenty on here have nothing but good words for Harry. It's frustration because we don't know what's going on is all. You go on the Facebook Arsenal Tottenham banter site same as I do Jim. Is it really any different on there? People on there are always calling Harry and Levy. Modric got a right roasting on there with Spurs supporters calling him a greedy cnut. Only today a few on there were having a pop at him. look at most spurs forums on the net and it's no different to this forum. Some for Harry some against. It doesn't mean they are cnuts and pr*cks.

Post by Guest Wed Jul 20 2011, 11:42

I dont like harry but dont think he should be sacked. Jim even you on here have had a go at harry.

Theres loads of poster on here who are alaways saying nice things about harry.

i cant seem to forget all the times harry has put our team down in the past and he would run if chelsea or arsenal come after him.

Post by Guest Wed Jul 20 2011, 18:41

SuneJim wrote:The problem is on this board all you ever hear about is the bad stuff & negatives you never hear about any thing else. Dave doesn't mince his words you all know that & i can see where he comes from,,,, i've had my say on here as well.

This board is full of fickle whinging f*ckers that don't have a good word to say. Harry's wrong,,,,,,,,, The Players are wrong & never give reasons. Just say they are. I have respect for a few people on this board & i feel sorry for Baz because it's just not worth taking seriously any more.

You may try & take the P*ss out of Dave for his post,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, but you can't because he's bang on!

Fickle whinging f*ckers ? Sounds like some kind of dodgy real ale ! ! !
    Jim, people are entitled to their opinions. If they don't like the manager or his ways. The lack of quality signings. The attitude of certain players. The behind the scenes issues such as stadia. The way results go. Posters may have issues with all of those and then some more. They will then post those gripes to try to generate discussion & debate, humour & rancour. Surely that is what an internet forum is all about ? A place where people can post their feelings, be they negative or positive, about a subject they have an intrest in. You say Mr Leggy is famous for not mincing his words ? Quite. So why should posters take him serious when his straight talking boils down to nothing more then insults & name calling ? People put up with it. The same as people should accept differing opinions & outlooks & mind-sets on the various topics debated on here . . . . .
    totalytot
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by totalytot Wed Jul 20 2011, 18:59

It would be a pretty boring forum if the only time anybody came on it would be to say how great we played when we just lost and what a fantastic manager Harry is when he his substitutions were poor.

I don't go on other forums so I don't know but going by what others say who do it's no different on them either.

What I suggest Dave and Jim do is set up there own forum where they can have a team of old pals and say nice things to each other and all agree. BORING !!!

Mikey M
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Wed Jul 20 2011, 19:05

Of course if anyone doesn't like or agree with the debates on here. You have a choice. Either put forward reasons as to why you don't agree, to generate debate without resorting to insults or don't post on here it's as simple as that really.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Wed Jul 20 2011, 19:06

Exactly Mikey lol.
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Wed Jul 20 2011, 23:14

SuneJim wrote:The problem is on this board all you ever hear about is the bad stuff & negatives you never hear about any thing else.

'Scuse my French but Bollox. I spend my time on here constantly trying to put a positive spin wherever I can. Whenever a headline is swallowed I'm on here putting forward the 'ignore the 'meeja' bollox' posts. I go out of my way to put forward the difference between a Fan and a Supporter and have backed both manager and Chairman to the hilt along with others. It's a f*cking insult to me and those others when you, Dave or anyone else comes on here a lumps us into the 'fickle' bracket.

Dave doesn't mince his words you all know that & i can see where he comes from,,,, i've had my say on here as well.

I couldn't care less whether the words are minced, sauteed or f*cking fried! They're f*cking wrong! SOME on here may deserve the appelation, but many others do not. Dave didn't bother to make the distinction.

This board is full of fickle whinging f*ckers that don't have a good word to say.

It's also populated by staunch Spurs SUPPORTERS. I've never had a 'Fickle' whinge in my entire life. In fact I've been criticised for not being critical.

Harry's wrong,,,,,,,,, The Players are wrong & never give reasons. Just say they are. I have respect for a few people on this board & i feel sorry for Baz because it's just not worth taking seriously any more.

It would be if there were more balance. It's all well and good you coming on here stating that it's not worth it, but the decent debate is there for those who wish to contribute to it. We all felt this board was important enough to start and maintain after AOHELL folded, what is so different now?

No he is not. Dave made a generalised comment that was aimed at everybody on the board. If that wasn't the intention then Dave needs to spend a little more time and effort over his posts so that we understand his intent a bit better.
    Put it this way Jim, I'll be f*cking damned if I'm going to allow someone to paint me with the 'Fickle' brush and leave it unanswered. I'm a Spurs SUPPORTER and have been for the entirety of my life. I've stood up and taken flack and abuse here, in my general life and on the terraces because I'm a SUPPORTER rather than a fan. Then you tell me that he's bang on?

Turn it in!

Dave stated that we're all 'fickle'. Never gave reasons, just said we are.

f*ck that.
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Wed Jul 20 2011, 23:48

The problem I have with Leggy's post is that its the same old , same old ...

I'd be happy to put money on it that if we were to wade through Leggy's last 10 or so posts, probs 8 of them will be similar in their content....

Theres a thread called .. Why did u support Spurs? Funnily enough, it was the thread next to this one when Leggy posted his post ...

Wheres the participation ( a couple of lines would do ) in that from Leggy and for that matter from Jim too?

Meanwhile, attacking other posters and in general the Forum too, yep, no problem, we can put in the effort for that!

BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Thu Jul 21 2011, 00:25

That is why I didn't delete the post from Dave. If I had there would have been no debate over the said post and posters would have been saying "Why what did he say". What started as a decent thread asking a simple question was then hijacked and turned into a you're all fickle cnuts thread. I have admitted I can be fickle but a cnut because I have opinions? I think not. I couldn't care less if I said Arry is a wheeler dealing no nothing.That would be my opinion. Mind you I would be asked to justify my statement by many on here lol. Which incidentally would be quite right too. Sweeping generalisations are never a good thing and don't contribute one jot to any forum.

Post by Guest Thu Jul 21 2011, 10:17

the spurs arsenal facebook page is worse. most of them or fickle.

some people wanted a spurs only forum and now we got it they go and post on spurs arsenal banter page lol

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Jul 04 2024, 14:26