The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Who is there to buy? EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Who is there to buy? EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Who is there to buy? EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Who is there to buy? EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Who is there to buy? EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Who is there to buy? EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Who is there to buy? EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Who is there to buy? EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Who is there to buy? EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Who is there to buy? Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+2
LOBO
cstmrsking
6 posters

Who is there to buy?

Who is there to buy? Empty Who is there to buy?

Post by Guest Tue Jul 19 2011, 07:40

Well only a few weeks to go and we might well be starting with the same lot we had last season, but with a difference, an unhappy modric, injury prone bale probably lasting a few games before he is hacked down for another lengthy spell out,and hopefully brad friedel in goal.
    Honestly i cant see any major signings because levy has taken the stance that players must go before others come in, and who wants keane, bentley and some of the other flotsam and jetsom ?
    Ledley king (if the op works) might play a few games more.
    One thing that i dont understand is why woodgate accepted pay as you play at stoke and didnt at tottenham......strange that ?
    Never mind ! i look every single day at the football news and expect to see "harry signs etc etc " but it aint happening yet.
    We live in hope ! Rolling Eyes
    cstmrsking
    cstmrsking
    Premiership
    Premiership

Who is there to buy? Empty Re: Who is there to buy?

Post by cstmrsking Tue Jul 19 2011, 08:05

I say we get, drogba and sturridge + cash from chelsea and Adabyor. Striker problem solved.
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Tue Jul 19 2011, 09:24

something has got to happen , i believe with 1 or 2 good signings we can challenge because we have a good settled team, we don't need to chop and change it much just a tweak here and there.

Post by Guest Tue Jul 19 2011, 10:28

ye we only need a striker and maybe another center back.

as for woodgate maybe we didnt offer him a pay as you play contract.

i do hope he does wel for them though.
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Tue Jul 19 2011, 19:32

Vucinic will be in, I can feel it in me water. We want him, he wants us, it's just sorting how much.

Coulibaly is now a Spurs player, but he won't feature much ths season unless he uproots trees in training and Cup games.

One more to bring in ........................

Adebayor, Rossi or Aguero.

Levy REALLY wants to sign Aguero, Adebayor WILL take a drop in wages to play for us if Real don't take him and Rossi might come to us if things go tits up with Juve. We're most definitely not his first choice though.

I think that at least 2 of our current strikers will be gone too. I have a feeling it will be the three with Pav to remain.

Don't ask me why, it's the water again. Mind you, I'm having my Gall bladder removed tomorrow so it might just be that playing up!

Seriously guys, stop borrowing trouble. So many of you are on here preaching doom & gloom, 'we won't get him, he won't come to us, we can't pay the wages, WE'RE ALL DOOMED!!!'

Chill out Danny will do what is needed to be done. He's the one with the vision and he's not about to let it fizzle out for the want of a striker.

Post by Guest Tue Jul 19 2011, 20:44

In the press today 1 year loan deal for the chap whose Father washes Loxodonta & Mother has alleged lax morals, with an option to buy after if things work out . . . . .
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Tue Jul 19 2011, 21:35

Are you really having tour Gall Bladder removed ion?

Post by Guest Tue Jul 19 2011, 22:33

i thought man c where on verge of aguero.

i think we will get adybwhore.
    is vucinic the guy with the poor goalscoring recored. hes never scored 20 goals a season. i could be wrong as theres so many players we are linked with

oh theres an interview on bbc and woodgate said he didnt get offerd any deal with spurs but went on to say harry was great with him
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Tue Jul 19 2011, 22:47

ionman34 wrote:Vucinic will be in, I can feel it in me water. We want him, he wants us, it's just sorting how much.

I hope not , hes no better than what we have already at the club, much rather have a loan deal in adebayor , don't really want to get lumbered at least with adebayor we can give him back if it turns pear shaped .. if were going to sign a striker its got to be someone of or at adebayor level which i don't think Vucinic is , just my opinion.
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Wed Jul 20 2011, 00:19

BazSpur wrote:Are you really having tour Gall Bladder removed ion?

Yes mate, REALLY not looking forward to it.

Got Gall stones & thought I was having a heart attack when the first one got lodged LOL!

I'm told it's routine but, whichever way you look at it, I'm having an organ removed.

Anyone remember that Python Organ Donor sketch?
    lol!
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Wed Jul 20 2011, 00:29

sh*t fella what bad luck. I knew someone who had gall bladder problems. He said the pain was the worst he had ever experienced. Goes without saying we all wish you well. Let us know as soon as you can that you are ok. Best of luck ion.
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Wed Jul 20 2011, 00:31

LOBO wrote:
    ionman34 wrote:Vucinic will be in, I can feel it in me water. We want him, he wants us, it's just sorting how much.

I hope not , hes no better than what we have already at the club, much rather have a loan deal in adebayor , don't really want to get lumbered at least with adebayor we can give him back if it turns pear shaped .. if were going to sign a striker its got to be someone of or at adebayor level which i don't think Vucinic is , just my opinion.

Mate he is FAR better than what we have at the club.

His goal scoring record is between one in two and one in three. This doesn't look too good but, when you consider he's had to play out wide so Totti can play up front, it's not as bad as it seems. When he last played a season as an out & out CF he scored 20. He's a confidence player and, when on song, has a sublime touch and excellent distribution that will link play well with our midfield. Harry is an expert at building confidence in players, just ask Bale.

As far as realistic targets go, he's a quality signing. Get Adabadhairday too and I think we'll have had a huge transfer window.

Then again, if Levy manages to land Aguero, and I'll not put it past him you know, this window will surpass any previously as Aguro is true World Class.

Don't worry guys, I still have my feet firmly on the ground here ................... But Aguero? smashing

Levy gets a player like him and he gets to add 'The Divine' in front of his name.
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Wed Jul 20 2011, 00:37

BazSpur wrote:sh*t fella what bad luck. I knew someone who had gall bladder problems. He said the pain was the worst he had ever experienced. Goes without saying we all wish you well. Let us know as soon as you can that you are ok. Best of luck ion.

It's not as bad as it seems mate. The pain is only triggered if I eat fatty foods so ..................

I have a large stone in the GB at the moment. If this one gets lodged then the Liver could be threatened, hence the category one and the swift removal.

Like I said, it's routine but it's still under the knife so I still worry.

Thanks for the best wishes mate. I'm told I have a 2 day stay in Hospital so I'll be off here for a couple of days. I'll let you know how it went when I get back.

I'll probably have the GB in a pickle jar by then.

May fry it up and serve it with some Fava Beans and a nice Chianti ..........

FTHFTHFTHFTHFTHFTHFTHFTHFTHFTHFTH!!!
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Wed Jul 20 2011, 00:43

LMAO, I'll pass on the gall bladder on a plate if you don't mind. I'll have a glass of Chianti though. As they say mate better out than in. Had a few procedures done in my time so I know how you feel. It's always a worry. I'm sure everything will go well.

Post by Guest Wed Jul 20 2011, 02:39

ionman34 wrote:
    BazSpur wrote:sh*t fella what bad luck. I knew someone who had gall bladder problems. He said the pain was the worst he had ever experienced. Goes without saying we all wish you well. Let us know as soon as you can that you are ok. Best of luck ion.

It's not as bad as it seems mate. The pain is only triggered if I eat fatty foods so ..................

I have a large stone in the GB at the moment. If this one gets lodged then the Liver could be threatened, hence the category one and the swift removal.

Like I said, it's routine but it's still under the knife so I still worry.

Thanks for the best wishes mate. I'm told I have a 2 day stay in Hospital so I'll be off here for a couple of days. I'll let you know how it went when I get back.

I'll probably have the GB in a pickle jar by then.

May fry it up and serve it with some Fava Beans and a nice Chianti ..........

FTHFTHFTHFTHFTHFTHFTHFTHFTHFTHFTH!!!

Hope all goes well ion.

Lew
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Wed Jul 20 2011, 03:02

Thanks Lew

Post by Guest Wed Jul 20 2011, 03:06

same from me i hope it all goes well and your back on here friday and we would of sign agureo and adbywhore and offloaded crouch .
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Wed Jul 20 2011, 03:50

Aguero on his way to City according to the papers

Post by Guest Wed Jul 20 2011, 04:32

Best Wishes Ion . . . . .
    Boltjean
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by Boltjean Wed Jul 20 2011, 05:01

Best Wishes to you Ion, I hope all goes well and that you are soon back on the board. Two day's is not to long and you will be home before you know it. Good job you are having it done now and not when we have lost our first three games otherwise you could have been in there longer. Lol
    cstmrsking
    cstmrsking
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by cstmrsking Wed Jul 20 2011, 06:37

ion Good luck dude.
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Wed Jul 20 2011, 07:23

Yep all the best to you Ion...

Tis best to have the op pre season and have you ready for Everton at home ....
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Wed Jul 20 2011, 09:38

Thanks Guys, much appreciated.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Oct 04 2024, 00:16