The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Thats enough for me ! EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Thats enough for me ! EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Thats enough for me ! EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Thats enough for me ! EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Thats enough for me ! EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Thats enough for me ! EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Thats enough for me ! EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Thats enough for me ! EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Thats enough for me ! EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Thats enough for me ! Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

4 posters

Thats enough for me !

Thats enough for me ! Empty Thats enough for me !

Post by Guest Mon Aug 01 2011, 03:12

Have a good season everyone, i have read and seen enough to want out from here now.

Let me duplicate what i have been saying all close season that forget the kaka,s, aquero,s, even adebayer, because you lot wont accept the truth, that we arent a big enough club to attract players like that to whl.
    Its about money and levy wont bust the bank to employ the mercenaries.
    We will always have to go for unproven talent and then when we find a star the money giants will move in.
    As for harry, he has brought the club to a new level, its been said before that you dont know what you have until you lose it, a great first season in the cl and you lot still find time to have a go at a good manager.
    Crazeeeeeeeeeeeeee !

Finally there will be some signings, lots of time.
    Window closes sept 1st.....dont panic ! oh better merge that one. lol!

Pride
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Thats enough for me ! Empty Re: Thats enough for me !

Post by BazSpur Mon Aug 01 2011, 03:16

Well, it's up to you Lew. I think you have overeacted but it's your decision mate. The forum will always be open for you. Take some time off and come back if and when you feel ready. Take care fella.

Post by Guest Mon Aug 01 2011, 03:44

omg lew your such a drama queen. Just because they or trying to clean up the boards a bit. Admit your guilty of starting a threads covering the same subjects.

i used to get the hump when i got told of for posting about non spurs on the main forum. yet loads of post come on here non spurs but it dont bother me anymore.

i prob get the most stick because i post a lot of negativ spurs stuff but i do that most of the time to get people responses. yet i dont keep saying im going to quit the board.

i hope you dont go. Maybe baz is right have time out or sumthing.
    but to quit because of sumthing as petty as this is silly
    cstmrsking
    cstmrsking
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by cstmrsking Mon Aug 01 2011, 03:52

So what happens now if I want to add to the Modric written transfer request thread. If I start one is that duplicating and would it be merged to the old one that has now been locked? lol

Post by Guest Mon Aug 01 2011, 03:53

Lew I have said else where I think you are over re-acting. If you have an issue with anyone it should be with me as I was the mod to do the original merge. Should you choose to leave (a foolish decision on your part I believe) I wish you well & happy posting elsewhere and look forward to a time when you feel no longer so offended and want to return here. This is the last I am posting with you my friend on duplicate stuff as I feel we have covered all the ground we can with it. Take care mate . . . . .

Post by Guest Mon Aug 01 2011, 04:15

cstmrsking wrote:So what happens now if I want to add to the Modric written transfer request thread. If I start one is that duplicating and would it be merged to the old one that has now been locked? lol

Errrrrrrrrr! Not even sure if the mods know how to deal with that one kingy.

Just title it "please dont lock " "i,m a duplicate " lol!

Post by Guest Mon Aug 01 2011, 04:21

Loughtonlegend wrote:omg lew your such a drama queen. Just because they or trying to clean up the boards a bit. Admit your guilty of starting a threads covering the same subjects.

i used to get the hump when i got told of for posting about non spurs on the main forum. yet loads of post come on here non spurs but it dont bother me anymore.

i prob get the most stick because i post a lot of negativ spurs stuff but i do that most of the time to get people responses. yet i dont keep saying im going to quit the board.

i hope you dont go. Maybe baz is right have time out or sumthing.
    but to quit because of sumthing as petty as this is silly

The clean up as you put it lought was after a load of shite was written about the dont panic and doom and gloom thread, it was completely influenced by other posters.
    Thanks for your kind words and hopefully you will get the striker you want this season.
    Dont be too harsh on harry, he has done a good job and its not his fault he did so well and is now expected to conquer the next level, not quite sure what the next level is but i suppose its getting on a par with chelsea, man utd etc.....................?poor sod if he has that as an expected target from the spurs faithful.
    Have a great season mate. Cool
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Mon Aug 01 2011, 04:26

Lought, not much goes onto the Spurs chat forum that isn't to do with Spurs. Birthdays and Bereavements speaks for itself. Apart from that if you go through the posts its 99 percent Spurs. What does tend to happen is threads go off topic. We will be cracking down on that soon. Vis will be my enforcer haha. Go get em son. Thats enough for me ! 752836
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Mon Aug 01 2011, 10:03

Lew ....I take it when you say, two faced fcking a*seholes are out to get at you and stay quiet when Baz duplicates a thread , you're aiming at me ....

Well for someone who has openly stated in the past and on more than one occasion I may add, that he doesnt read most of the posts , you're not in the position to say stuff like that !

I have mentioned duplication posts to Baz and also to Lought too in the past for that matter, as I felt Djfritzo who incidently has not posted in a long while was getting annoyed with Lought's numerous negative threads being opened up that were anti Harry , Crouch etc....

Jim and Leggy post less too and I maybe wrong but I believe its because they see numerous critical threads on the same tact daily opened up when perhaps far fewer threads with more in depth debate would not give them the impression they have of the board?

On some message boards believe it or not, every squad player has his own thread and so too has the manager, his backroom staff and so too the chairman!

Regarding my silence on the Modric multiple threads , you're obviously choosing to ignore any responses so as to suit your agenda , you've been doing it to Vis and you're also doing it with me in this case ... I replied to you in the Doom & Gloom thread with .....

I actually skipped on debating Modric to Chavs on here as I just found it so much easier debating it on other forums, where if I were not able to get time on the comp for a day or so , I could quite easily pick it up again because they had just the one thread...

You chose to ignore that post but then subsequently posted later in the same thread ..

...Yesterday you made me laugh with a humerous response to a joke I swung your way about duplicated posts so I posted you a rep for it and replied with a rolling laughing figure... I thought all would be okay , at least we're getting there....And today I was late going to a BBQ because I wanted to be happy in my mind before I left my house that all was well on the board , which incidently , I thought it was ... Her indoors was giving me grief about it all and yes she reckons I'm a big girls blouse ( sorry, no rep points for you for that paticular ITK fact of yours Smile ) for worrying about upsetting anybody on an internet messageboard...

It seems obvious to me you've taken it personaly and whether you want to believe me or not is entirely up to you, that when I've mentioned about a duplicated thread and I do mean, duplicated within a minute time frame .. I do it because..

1). At times I find it confusing with whats been written and by whom and I'm sure numerous threads on the same subject is the cause of much of the repetition. Simply, less threads on the same subject matter is easier for refferal...

2). I would say its off putting for a poster and possibly a new poster at that, if they make the effort to respond to a thread , sometimes being the first responder too, only for the instigator of the thread to ignore their post and start up a new thread on the same subject above that very same thread the poster has replied to.

Theres some aspects of the forum format that I dont agree with and theres bound to be , not only for me but for all of us, but Baz & Co give me and other users the opportunity to air our views in a forum suggestion section or via PM if we want to do it that way.. Ultimately its the decision of the owners how they go about the running of the forum and we should respect that ?

The Mods want to encourage more users to the forum and that's no easy task with the competition out there.. Perhaps we should ponder, that their task is made that much harder when a seasoned user is questioning everything they try do on that score with comments aimed their way, such as yours on the 'Modric Written transfer request'?

That's enough for you ? Well I say let's draw a line under all of this and try to enjoy whats on offer but then that's entirely up to you ....
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Mon Aug 01 2011, 10:51

lewspurs wrote:Have a good season everyone, i have read and seen enough to want out from here now.

Let me duplicate what i have been saying all close season that forget the kaka,s, aquero,s, even adebayer, because you lot wont accept the truth, that we arent a big enough club to attract players like that to whl.
    Its about money and levy wont bust the bank to employ the mercenaries.
    We will always have to go for unproven talent and then when we find a star the money giants will move in.
    As for harry, he has brought the club to a new level, its been said before that you dont know what you have until you lose it, a great first season in the cl and you lot still find time to have a go at a good manager.
    Crazeeeeeeeeeeeeee !

Finally there will be some signings, lots of time.
    Window closes sept 1st.....dont panic ! oh better merge that one. lol!

Pride

I think your find lew that duplicating a thread or starting another thread on the same subject is banned on pretty much every forum i know of , and i use a fair too ,and not just football forums either, i use a gaming forum with over hundred thousand members ww, and if a duplicate post appears its either merged or taken down, its the run of the mill thing mate just except it , it does keep the boards in order.. anyway i can't believe your prepared to tolerate a Gobby gooner insulting spurs members yet leaving over this, c'mon mate ??

Post by Guest Mon Aug 01 2011, 22:36

Arnie, what actually annoyed me was that you claimed i put doom and gloom and dont panic on within 20 mins,when in fact when i double checked they were 6 hours apart.
    Then finding baz,s threads, the time lapse was similar, i felt that once again the claim of duplicated threads was firmly aimed at me and the end result was now merged threads.....all because of me, how would you feel in that self same situation.?
    Djfitzo, jim and legs probably have their own reasons for not posting, legs like me believes in harry, so probably gets annoyed at the anti harry comments, but i cant speak for him, jim or dj.
    Anyway ! i need a rest from it mate, what is happening with my health is probably making me short tempered, usually at this time of the year i am bursting for the season to start, now i am in a couldnt care frame of mind, and its wrong of me to come on here when i am like this.

Wishing you and everyone a great season, as i have already stated i think players will be signed but not those necessarily mentioned on here, i heard kaka mentioned in the possible real madrid link thread and had to laugh because if such a player became available man city or chelsea would gazump us for obvious reasons.

All the best arnie, and dont go off anywhere thinking about the forum, i have done that in the past when i have had rows and it spoils the day, but it just goes to show how mindful you get of some characters on here, it must add up to the fact that they are important to you.........i know that much is true for me.

Post by Guest Tue Aug 02 2011, 06:11

And Lew, who came along and tidied the threads up ? I thank you . . . ..

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Jul 04 2024, 15:30