The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Originality. EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Originality. EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Originality. EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Originality. EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Originality. EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Originality. EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Originality. EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Originality. EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Originality. EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Originality. Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

3 posters

Originality.

Originality. Empty Originality.

Post by Guest Tue Aug 02 2011, 07:46

Well, i am a trifle disappointed, come on chaps has turned into "the luka modric thread " giving no thoughts for originality, and for all threads to be posted under the title decided by........well i suppose vis.
    Nothing against vis, but i really dont want anyone giving titles to my threads, and i have to say that it sounds a death knell on here.....big brother or what ?
    So if ion or lought posts....harry out...does that turn into...calls for a new manager ?

Crazy to me, but if thats the way the forum chooses to go then what can i say ?

Originality. Empty Re: Originality.

Post by Guest Tue Aug 02 2011, 08:00

Bollox Lew. We are trying to sort this forum out and enlarge the Spurs family. My friend, like it or not I'm going to continue merging threads that are the 'same'. Like it or lump it, as a mod that is what I am going to do. I always try to explain my reasons why I make "mod" decisions and I seem to be spending most of my time lately doing this to you Lew. Some forums just do stuff. The mods will merge, delete, split or move topics without explanation. On here we are much more polite and give a reason or explanation or just a lil post saying things have been moved. Would you prefer that or the way of other forums that you can choose to use ? I am soon just going to shift things without a post explaining why because I seem to be spending far too much time doing that rather than posting about Spurs and other stuff I may be intrested in . . . .
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Tue Aug 02 2011, 10:29

Once everyone realises you can't start threads of a similar nature all will be good.As Vis says, we are not the only forum doing this.
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Tue Aug 02 2011, 14:35

What is you problem Lew?

Seriously, I have absolutely no idea why you have your knickers in such a twist about this.

The mods are carrying out a procedure that is beneficial to the board and EVERYONE ELSE, that's right, EVERYONE agrees with it.

Bar you that is.

Is it some deep seated need to be different and controversial? Is it a desire to be acknowledged as a poster who provides a greater service to the whole because you start more threads and, thereby, promote more discussion?

You made a big point about the importance of controversial posts/threads earlier, all generated after the goon Troll got his marching orders. Is that the reason for your pique, because he was thrown off?

Simply put, you do not need to start a new thread to promote a different angle on a subject, you can just ask the question/make the statement on the same thread. People will still follow it and it keeps the discussion in one area, allowing posters to address the topic subjects in one place instead of trawling the board. If anything it will help to promote MORE discussion rather than less.

It works elsewhere and it will work here. However, you seem to be going out of your way to make life as difficult for Vis and Baz as you possibly can. You seem to have this misplaced idea that you have been singled out and victimised here, just because your posts were the first to be merged.

Have you given thought to the fact that maybe it is because you have such a high volume of threads started and that many of them are on similar, if not almost identical, subjects?

It seems to me that you are in regular need of reassurance that your input is valued here. Well let me be the first. You are an established, valued member of this board who contributes to the healthy debate, discussion, banter and argument that makes this board the pleasure to frequent that it is. Your opinion is valued, if not always agreed with, and your contrariness, like mine, keeps the subject matter fresh and appealing.

But Christ on a Bike, you can be a Sook at times! lol!

Now you've had your say, you've been acknowledged and you've been reassured that this is not against you. You've also been informed that this WILL happen so bite your lip, accept and move on.

Think of this as a family. Baz, Vis and DJ are a slightly deranged triumvirate of parents (Don't go there, it's a disturbing image and I don't want to dwell on it!)
    We live under their roof so we abide by THEIR rules or move out.

You are currently Harry Enfield's Kevin, full of teenage angst and rebellion.

Hopefully your balls will drop soon! lol!

Smile Geeza, we're family.

Post by Guest Tue Aug 02 2011, 18:05

Think of this as a family. Baz, Vis and DJ are a slightly deranged triumvirate of parents (Don't go there, it's a disturbing image and I don't want to dwell on it!)

PMSL Ion that gave me a proper chuckle . . . . .
    shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur Tue Aug 02 2011, 20:49

hmmm charlie manson had "the family", look what happened there. has baz finished that swastica carving on his forehead yet. lol
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Tue Aug 02 2011, 21:13

Just need to sharpen the knife then I'll get back to it. Originality. 839792
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Tue Aug 02 2011, 21:39

f*cks sake Shear ................

Don't mention ze Germans.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Jul 04 2024, 15:45