The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
THEM & US EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
THEM & US EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
THEM & US EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
THEM & US EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
THEM & US EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
THEM & US EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
THEM & US EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
THEM & US EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
THEM & US EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

THEM & US Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

3 posters

THEM & US

SuneJim
    SuneJim
    Champions League
    Champions League

THEM & US Empty THEM & US

Post by SuneJim Fri Nov 04 2011, 02:45

Now this could just be me but it is a concern,,,,,,,,,,is Harry creating a Them & Us culture at The Lane with his blatantly obvious Premier League & Europa League separate Teams.

He made only one substitution on Sunday with Tonight in mind & that's going to start to get up Players noses soon. Plus on the other side of the coin,,,, The Players themselves will want to play in Europe not matter whether Harry prioritises the PL or not.

Now this isn't a real pop at Harry because the tactic is working so far & i can't complain about that,,,,,, but i do worry about the future. Players thinking they'll only get games in the Europa League & not even getting sub appearances in the PL because or not wanting to risk other players. Your soon going to start to resent the perceived Prem Players

THEM & US Empty Re: THEM & US

Post by Guest Fri Nov 04 2011, 06:20

SuneJim wrote:Now this could just be me but it is a concern,,,,,,,,,,is Harry creating a Them & Us culture at The Lane with his blatantly obvious Premier League & Europa League separate Teams.

He made only one substitution on Sunday with Tonight in mind & that's going to start to get up Players noses soon. Plus on the other side of the coin,,,, The Players themselves will want to play in Europe not matter whether Harry prioritises the PL or not.

Now this isn't a real pop at Harry because the tactic is working so far & i can't complain about that,,,,,, but i do worry about the future. Players thinking they'll only get games in the Europa League & not even getting sub appearances in the PL because or not wanting to risk other players. Your soon going to start to resent the perceived Prem Players

Really dont think so jim ! its creating a problem that isnt there imo.
    Bale and walker have burst into the first team and its down to those fringe players to do the same.
    We had trouble with taarabt and i think harry did the best thing as he was insisting inclusion into the first team or else, by getting rid of, and as far as i can see he isnt cutting it in the prem.
    These players must realise that they have to make it impossible for the boss to exclude them, but i bet they love the europa league...great experience for them.

Post by Guest Fri Nov 04 2011, 06:40

i think you missing the point lew. on sunday aganst qpr in that secoud half we called all see parker ade and vdv run out of puff yet harry did nuffing .

in fact harry will play near enough the same team now.

442 aganst qpr and we would of scored at least 5.

i really dont see what this has to do with taarabt as harry has said he didnt want to sell thats why they put such a high sell on claus on him. have you notice since barton joined them its affected him. he dont take free kicks no more,

swp was just as bad in that first half then athalf time they go 442 and swp plays well.

Post by Guest Fri Nov 04 2011, 09:12

LOL, lought, i think you are missing the point.
    Read jims post again and it seems like he is talking player revolt, so i used taarabt as an example if any player thinks they should be automatic choice then they have to prove it or if they are unhappy then move on.
    I wasnt unhappy with the qpr result, a win is a win, it was just a sloppy goal to concede, otherwise they werent in the same galaxy as spurs.
    I aint going on about adel, he is dire lought, championship material only, even warnock is realising that.
    I am leaving it at that whatever you say cos its going off topic. Smile

Post by Guest Fri Nov 04 2011, 09:16

how is he dire. did you see the goals he scored.
    as for spurs we picking up points without playing well.

if defoe or pav had scored a hat trick tonight would they start on sunday..
    you know the anser
    SuneJim
    SuneJim
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by SuneJim Fri Nov 04 2011, 10:02

How the hell was player revolt got from that,,,,,,,,,,,,,i was saying players might get fed up,,,,,i never armed them for revolt.

Lought is bang on he didn't use the bench enough thinking about this game.

He's gone from last season hardly rotating the squad,,,,,, to this season nearly having two separate teams,,,,,either way your going to get players questioning their place in the in the bigger scheme of things. But still not revolting lol.
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Fri Nov 04 2011, 10:58

SuneJim wrote:Now this could just be me but it is a concern,,,,,,,,,,is Harry creating a Them & Us culture at The Lane with his blatantly obvious Premier League & Europa League separate Teams.

I believe your right Jim there is a them and us at spurs but i also think its for the better of the club, Harry is basically saying you perform you get in the us team, if your not quite there 100% you play for them, i like what im seeing, its pretty obvious harry is putting the prem before the cups and rightly so , i like the fact that 11 first team players were absent tonight its really good management , how often have we sat here and said we want the youngsters to get a crack, well now they are ..im happy with what im seeing i think harry is doing a great job .
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Fri Nov 04 2011, 11:31

I think he's using the squad in exactly the way it needs to be used. The players who aren't good enough to command a first team berth are being given the opportunity to push for that role in the Cup competitions. So far it is working with the ambitious youngsters who are really putting in some eye catching performances. Those 'senior' players that aren't, well it gives the club a legitimate analysis and reason to upgrade.
    As for players wanting to play in Europe, going by comments from Disco, when asked about playing in the Europa League, none of them really want to. Ask the youngsters playing in it and I'm sure they'll state that they think it's fantastic representing the club on a European stage.

As far as I'm concerned, there is no reason for worry. There is always a degree of 'them and us' in any squad at any level, it promotes aspiration and, judging by the camaraderie amongst the players, regardless of who is playing with who, it is an unfounded worry.

Post by Guest Fri Nov 04 2011, 19:36

SuneJim wrote:How the hell was player revolt got from that,,,,,,,,,,,,,i was saying players might get fed up,,,,,i never armed them for revolt.

Lought is bang on he didn't use the bench enough thinking about this game.

He's gone from last season hardly rotating the squad,,,,,, to this season nearly having two separate teams,,,,,either way your going to get players questioning their place in the in the bigger scheme of things. But still not revolting lol.

Ok jim, player revolt was too strong a word, lets say unhappy players, but a lot of prem sides have players that are always fringe and arent happy.....in this fact spurs are no different.
    I always thought at the start of the season that the europa league would be used to give run outs for youngsters and fringe players, players coming back from injury etc etc, nothing wrong with that imo,why would it result in a them and us culture,? the prem is always the priority and i am sure fringe players know that they have a job on to displace the likes of modric, bale vdv etc etc unless injuries happen.
    I am sure that many of the (us) would like to break into the (them)if they can and they have their chance to do so if good enough.
    The fact harry didnt use all his bench options was surely down to him, perhaps he had his reasons.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Jun 30 2024, 13:54