The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Ancelotti EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Ancelotti EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Ancelotti EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Ancelotti EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Ancelotti EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Ancelotti EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Ancelotti EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Ancelotti EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Ancelotti EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Ancelotti Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+3
anicoll5
BazSpur
djfitzo
7 posters

Ancelotti

djfitzo
    International
    International

Ancelotti Empty Ancelotti

Post by djfitzo Sat Nov 12 2011, 01:39

If the fa relent on Harrys past discretions and he wants the England job, how does everyone
    feel about the bookies favourite Carlo Ancelotti?

No silly posts about the special one Lought!!

Ancelotti Empty Re: Ancelotti

Post by Guest Sat Nov 12 2011, 02:11

Article in todays Telegraph Re this . . . .

Former Chelsea manager Carlo Ancelotti is a good bet for Tottenham if Harry Redknapp leaves
    A couple of weeks ago Carlo Ancelotti, a fan of West End musicals, went to see the production Ghost at the Piccadilly Theatre in London.
    For some Premier League managers, Ancelotti would appear to be a spectral figure, a man who has made it clear that he is targeting his next job to be in England, ideally in London where he has continued to live after being sacked by Chelsea in May.

There has been interest in him from Paris St Germain and last summer a couple of Italian clubs inquired about his intentions, including his former club, Roma. But Ancelotti is now a confirmed Anglophile and even attended the League Managers Association dinner at Wembley Stadium on Wednesday to remind everyone he was still here.

To that end, a neat fit could eventually emerge in the football management merry-go-round (which has not taken any revolutions this season) and although neat fits don’t necessarily work, this one might just have a chance of happening. Ancelotti to Tottenham Hotspur?

The rumours have grown that the Italian might have his eye on the White Hart Lane job should Harry Redknapp leave at the end of this campaign.

Redknapp, despite his recent health problems, which might increase his chances of leaving club management, remains the favourite to succeed Fabio Capello when he leaves at the end of Euro 2012.

By Jason Burt
    6:30AM GMT 11 Nov 2011

Post by Guest Sat Nov 12 2011, 02:12

I have said all along should Redknapp leave this guy is the next manager for me. Not sure about Wilkins coming with him but he was instrumental in the Chelski set-up . . . . .
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Sat Nov 12 2011, 02:37

We should jump at the chance.

Post by Guest Sat Nov 12 2011, 03:06

dj trust me he will be here withing next 4 years

ancelotti not a bad shout

im a big gus hiddink fan myself
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Sat Nov 12 2011, 03:20

Loughtonlegend wrote:dj trust me he will be here withing next 4 years

ancelotti not a bad shout

im a big gus hiddink fan myself

Yeah, but Hiddink gets on his bike more then Chris Hoy.

djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Sat Nov 12 2011, 03:22

VisionarySound wrote:I have said all along should Redknapp leave this guy is the next manager for me. Not sure about Wilkins coming with him but he was instrumental in the Chelski set-up . . . . .

Have to say Vis, whenever I've seen Wilkins on Sky, he talks a lot of sense, not like the partisan Thompson or Nicholas.
    Can see him being a good number two and we would save a fortune, we got about fifteen coaches, were like National Express.

Post by Guest Sat Nov 12 2011, 03:41

djfitzo wrote:If the fa relent on Harrys past discretions and he wants the England job, how does everyone

Thought levy was saying no more foreigners, yes ancelotti is a good shout, havent we learnt a lesson though.
    How about a good english manager ? why this need to go foreign ?
    Christakes, there has to be an answer somewhere?
    We got a good english manager in and he has taken us a long way, cant see why it has to end with harry.
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Sat Nov 12 2011, 03:43

Mr Plums. wrote:
    djfitzo wrote:If the fa relent on Harrys past discretions and he wants the England job, how does everyone

Thought levy was saying no more foreigners, yes ancelotti is a good shout, havent we learnt a lesson though.
    We got a good english manager in and he has taken us a long way, cant see why it has to end with harry.

David Moyes? but then again his Scottish, so foreign!!

Post by Guest Sat Nov 12 2011, 03:51

david moyes no way. hes been at everton over 10 years

hes had time to build good teams yet they still averge and every season they are slows starters.

plus hes teams dont play football

ray wilkins inpresses me aswel he talks sence

Post by Guest Sat Nov 12 2011, 03:55

djfitzo wrote:
    Mr Plums. wrote:

David Moyes? but then again his Scottish, so foreign!!

Not for me, LOL, yes he,s a fooking foreigner, but his teams start very slow, looking at 5 games into the season before he catches on, then they make progress when its too late.
    anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Sat Nov 12 2011, 04:29

Seemed to me during the CL last season that Wilkins was pitching hard for a job at WHL - Ray "Stay on your feet" Wilkins scratch

Post by Guest Sat Nov 12 2011, 05:35

anicoll5 wrote:Seemed to me during the CL last season that Wilkins was pitching hard for a job at WHL - Ray "Stay on your feet" Wilkins scratch

LOL, no thanks to wilkins.
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Sat Nov 12 2011, 21:44

No sure about ancheloti , i never did quite get what he was trying to say in his interviews with his broken English and lets be honest Chelski with all there clout didn't look any the wiser , I'm not sure if he could communicate with the players or the fans he strikes me as being a bit distant , yea hes had success in his native land but not really set the world alight since .

Im not sure he would be ideal for us considering we've been down this route before with Jol , Gross , Ramous , Im all for a British manage who understands the English game and can communicate to the players someone with passion , i never saw passion from ancheloti at chelski , when he stood on the touch line on match days he looked like some bloke in a rain coat waiting for a bus he was totally viod of emotion, I'm all for Alan Pardew , i think we have to be realistic and Pardew hate or not has turned a sorry excuse for a team Newcastle into a team that has turned a few heads, yea it probably wont last for them but it just goes to show what the man in capable of doing , he runs up and down that touch line he feels every tackle and kicks every ball, he can handle the press and lets be honest he nearly chinned Wenger once lol.
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Sat Nov 12 2011, 22:03

LOBO wrote:No sure about ancheloti , i never did quite get what he was trying to say in his interviews with his broken English and lets be honest Chelski with all there clout didn't look any the wiser , I'm not sure if he could communicate with the players or the fans he strikes me as being a bit distant , yea hes had success in his native land but not really set the world alight since .

Im not sure he would be ideal for us considering we've been down this route before with Jol , Gross , Ramous , Im all for a British manage who understands the English game and can communicate to the players someone with passion , i never saw passion from ancheloti at chelski .

Whilst I'm pretty neutral on Ancelotti, I've gotta disagree with you here Lobo. In his first season with Cheatski he won the double, then had his team proceed to wipe the floor with just about everyone in the first part of last season.

The Roman decided to give Wilkins the goonah and the team went AWOL for a spell. Ancelotti copped the fallout for that undeservedly.

I'm neutral because his brand of Football, whilst successful, doesn't really inspire. I think Mourinho has shown that he can get his teams to play fast, electrifying Football, whilst Van Gaal and Hiddink I've always been fans of.

But, at the moment, Aitch has us playing some of the best Football I've seen from Spurs in all my time watching them. I really hope he stays with us for at least another 3 seasons because this team/squad still hasn't peaked. When it does we will be awesome in the truest sense.

Post by Guest Sun Nov 13 2011, 00:13

LOBO wrote:No sure about ancheloti , i never did quite get what he was trying to say in his interviews with his broken English and lets be honest Chelski with all there clout didn't look any the wiser , I'm not sure if he could communicate with the players or the fans he strikes me as being a bit distant , yea hes had success in his native land but not really set the world alight since .

Im not sure he would be ideal for us considering we've been down this route before with Jol , Gross , Ramous , Im all for a British manage who understands the English game and can communicate to the players someone with passion , i never saw passion from ancheloti at chelski , when he stood on the touch line on match days he looked like some bloke in a rain coat waiting for a bus he was totally viod of emotion, I'm all for Alan Pardew , i think we have to be realistic and Pardew hate or not has turned a sorry excuse for a team Newcastle into a team that has turned a few heads, yea it probably wont last for them but it just goes to show what the man in capable of doing , he runs up and down that touch line he feels every tackle and kicks every ball, he can handle the press and lets be honest he nearly chinned Wenger once lol.

I have the, would you call it misfortune LOL (?), of knowing plenty of Chelski fans. The majority of them say that they played their best foorball for years under Ancellotti & were sorry to see him go as he looked capable of doing great things if given time & they were also disgusted with the way he was treated by the Russian gangster.
    What passion does Redknapp show through a game ? Not a vast amount. If you want passion go for Martin O'Neil bouncing up the tochline like Tigger on ecstacy lol ! Pardew has yet to convince me. He seems like a good manager in the making but I think wait and see how this season pans out with the Barcodes. I certainly agree with your quote about the team spirit he has fostered though.
    This subject always makes for intresting debate. Will Redknapp walk away to England ? We just don't know. Maybe by playing his cards close to his chest he is doing the right thing for the club to avoid the melt-down that always seems to happen when managers anounce their depature in advance . . . . .

Post by Guest Sun Nov 13 2011, 00:45

Mr Plums. wrote:

What good English Managers ? In the EPL at present these are the Englishmen managing - Alan Pardew (Barcodes), Neil Warnock (QPR), Steve Bruce (Sun-Lan), Roy Hodgson (WBA), Mick McCarthy (Wolves - who I don't count as he choose his colours by playing for Eire), and of course Harry Redknapp. With the exception of HR it's not exactly a stunning array of stella manergerial talent is it ? Is there a manager in the lower leagues capable of doing the job ? An as of yet to be employed Englishman ? Or a Hoodle type ex-manergerial Englishman somewhere out there ? For the record there are 9 non-English British managers and only 5 non-British European managers . . . . . .

Post by Guest Sun Nov 13 2011, 01:51

steve bruce should be sacked the amount of money hes been given and wasted
    HotspurRoper
    HotspurRoper

Post by HotspurRoper Sun Nov 13 2011, 02:05

all fans up here calling for Bruce's head, he wasnt a favourite to start with being from Newcastle!
    seebee1944
    seebee1944
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by seebee1944 Sun Nov 13 2011, 02:16

Under Ancelotti Chelsea did go from a dour, defensive, grind results team, to a more free flowing game and started really thumping sides. I think he would suit Tottenham.
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Sun Nov 13 2011, 19:42

With Harrys health, the fewer games and travelling, England would have suited him, but I just dont see the whiter then white yes men at the fa giving a man up for tax evasion their top job. If he doesnt get some bird, my guess is weve got him for as long as his health permits. However Ancelotti has kept his house in London and I think is banking on the Spurs job. Pardew has been lucky in that he has a good first 11 and not much back up and Lought, watch their games, theyve had luck in spades, but their getting a few injuries now and I expect to see then slip down the table after their next 3 games where they play the two Manchesters and Chelski, would Pardew come to Spurs? I remember his interviews when he was Hammers manager and he seemed a real Hammers fan and banged on about how much it meant for the fans to beat Spurs and seemed to want to beat us more then any other team.

LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Sun Nov 13 2011, 20:53

ionman34 wrote:

Im not sure he would be ideal for us considering we've been down this route before with Jol , Gross , Ramous , Im all for a British manage who understands the English game and can communicate to the players someone with passion , i never saw passion from ancheloti at chelski .

Whilst I'm pretty neutral on Ancelotti, I've gotta disagree with you here Lobo. In his first season with Cheatski he won the double, then had his team proceed to wipe the floor with just about everyone in the first part of last season.

The Roman decided to give Wilkins the goonah and the team went AWOL for a spell. Ancelotti copped the fallout for that undeservedly.

I'm neutral because his brand of Football, whilst successful, doesn't really inspire. I think Mourinho has shown that he can get his teams to play fast, electrifying Football, whilst Van Gaal and Hiddink I've always been fans of.

But, at the moment, Aitch has us playing some of the best Football I've seen from Spurs in all my time watching them. I really hope he stays with us for at least another 3 seasons because this team/squad still hasn't peaked. When it does we will be awesome in the truest sense.

Yea i forgot about the double wining side lol Embarassed
    I want harry to stay we are looking good , but I'm not keen on foreign managers , I'm all for home grown , but you know if the day ever arises and acheloti did come then yea i would support him .

[/b][/color][/quote]
    I have the, would you call it misfortune LOL (?), of knowing plenty of Chelski fans. The majority of them say that they played their best foorball for years under Ancellotti & were sorry to see him go as he looked capable of doing great things if given time & they were also disgusted with the way he was treated by the Russian gangster.
    What passion does Redknapp show through a game ? Not a vast amount. If you want passion go for Martin O'Neil bouncing up the tochline like Tigger on ecstacy lol ! Pardew has yet to convince me. He seems like a good manager in the making but I think wait and see how this season pans out with the Barcodes. I certainly agree with your quote about the team spirit he has fostered though.
    This subject always makes for intresting debate. Will Redknapp walk away to England ? We just don't know. Maybe by playing his cards close to his chest he is doing the right thing for the club to avoid the melt-down that always seems to happen when managers anounce their depature in advance . . . . .
    [/quote]

Yea and now we have the news that Arry is to stand trial for Tax evasion , i said to the wife last night why with all the money people earn why don't they pay there taxes, OK Redknapp may be 100% innocent , but for it to get this far there must be some compelling evidence , i just hope this doesn't effect our team , I do though have a feeling that things are about to change at Spurs whether it be a new manager we will have to wait and see but i can't see for the life of me how you can recover from a heart procedure then have to face a crown court trial whilst managing a top 4 team, question is will Levy step in ..?

djfitzo wrote:With Harrys health, the fewer games and travelling, England would have suited him, but I just dont see the whiter then white yes men at the fa giving a man up for tax evasion their top job.

You say that DJ but did you know Cappello was in a similar situation to Harry prior to his appointment by the FA , Cappello was under investigation for tax evasion in Italy and there was a bit of a stink about it, but the FA chose to go with there gut instinct , Im not sure what the outcome was but from what i can remember the case was still ongoing and was never resolved .
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Sun Nov 13 2011, 22:08

You say that DJ but did you know Cappello was in a similar situation to Harry prior to his appointment by the FA , Cappello was under investigation for tax evasion in Italy and there was a bit of a stink about it, but the FA chose to go with there gut instinct , Im not sure what the outcome was but from what i can remember the case was still ongoing and was never resolved .

Didnt know that Lobo, but Harrys been passed over by the fa before.

Post by Guest Mon Nov 14 2011, 05:41

ye i know newcastle will drop down the league but they done well and not spent much money.

beside pardrew hates wenger and nearly chinnd him lol

Post by Guest Mon Nov 14 2011, 05:53

VisionarySound wrote:
    Mr Plums. wrote:

What good English Managers ? In the EPL at present these are the Englishmen managing - Alan Pardew (Barcodes), Neil Warnock (QPR), Steve Bruce (Sun-Lan), Roy Hodgson (WBA), Mick McCarthy (Wolves - who I don't count as he choose his colours by playing for Eire), and of course Harry Redknapp. With the exception of HR it's not exactly a stunning array of stella manergerial talent is it ? Is there a manager in the lower leagues capable of doing the job ? An as of yet to be employed Englishman ? Or a Hoodle type ex-manergerial Englishman somewhere out there ? For the record there are 9 non-English British managers and only 5 non-British European managers . . . . . .

You missed out on the blackpool geezer boiiii" LOL.
    Not many of them vis, warnock is ok but i reckon he could be a bit like pleat.
    As i said i dont know where levy will take this one if harry goes, maybe jordan and bond, i cant see clive allen in the hot seat.
    Its a hard one and i think the main message in this thread is that harry will be hard to replace.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Jun 30 2024, 13:31