The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Players weaknesses and do they outweigh their plus,s ? EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Players weaknesses and do they outweigh their plus,s ? EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Players weaknesses and do they outweigh their plus,s ? EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Players weaknesses and do they outweigh their plus,s ? EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Players weaknesses and do they outweigh their plus,s ? EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Players weaknesses and do they outweigh their plus,s ? EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Players weaknesses and do they outweigh their plus,s ? EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Players weaknesses and do they outweigh their plus,s ? EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Players weaknesses and do they outweigh their plus,s ? EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Players weaknesses and do they outweigh their plus,s ? Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

2 posters

Players weaknesses and do they outweigh their plus,s ?

Players weaknesses and do they outweigh their plus,s ? Empty Players weaknesses and do they outweigh their plus,s ?

Post by Guest Sat Nov 12 2011, 21:39

I was thinking about 2 spurs players in particular, defoe and dawson, do their strengths outweigh their weaknesses.
    Lets take daws for a start, his strengths are that he gets in where it matters,is brave, doesnt pull out from a challenge, is there when the high cross gets over, also goes about his work with a smile on his face.
    His weaknesses in my opinion is that he can commit himself to a sliding tackle, if that goes wrong he is one defender less as he,s on the ground, clearances are often humped back to the opposition putting us back under the cosh again........just my opinion and wonder what others on here think?

With defoe his strength is also a weakness as far as i can see, he is such a quick little player that he often does things too quick, i think many of his "straight at the keeper shots" could have been goals if he had just taken a second less to place the ball rather than blast at it.

As we dont have a game for a while i thought this might be of interest, and wondered if anyone else had other players in mind, although please realise i am not on a put down of spurs players, its just an opinion and i wouldnt want either player sold .
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Players weaknesses and do they outweigh their plus,s ? Empty Re: Players weaknesses and do they outweigh their plus,s ?

Post by djfitzo Sun Nov 13 2011, 19:50

Dawsons main problem is he lacks pace and Kaboul has come back a better player then when he left us, is quick, good in the air and dangerous at set plays for us and is my first pick as a central defender.

Defoe I thought just before he got injured last season, was thinking more about his games and started the season this time around the same and like I said earlier I think VDV has it in his contract that he must start when fit.

LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Players weaknesses and do they outweigh their plus,s ? Empty Re: Players weaknesses and do they outweigh their plus,s ?

Post by LOBO Sun Nov 13 2011, 20:37

I hear vdv has got injured on international duty, will this pave the way for defoe return
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Sun Nov 13 2011, 22:10

LOBO wrote:I hear vdv has got injured on international duty, will this pave the way for defoe return

Yep, although VDV has an incredible record against Villa!!

Post by Guest Mon Nov 14 2011, 05:47

they saying he should be fine for villa. plus he loves scoring aganst them.

as for dawson its like lew said. hes a typical english defender.

how many pens have we given away plus last season we was letting in 3 a game when he plays and before people say king was not playin well then we had daws galas ekotto corluka . thats a good defence on paper and now we have walker kaboul king ekotto

as for defoe hes not a natural finniser.

he started of well last season then had a slight nock but decieded to play for england and it got worse plus hes missed so many pens for us and hes selfensnis has cost us so many times in the past. plus the silly red cards and biting players

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Jun 30 2024, 13:39