The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
rotate EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
rotate EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
rotate EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
rotate EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
rotate EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
rotate EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
rotate EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
rotate EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
rotate EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

rotate Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

5 posters

rotate

rotate Empty rotate

Post by Guest Mon Jan 02 2012, 08:44

found this

Hi to all you Spurs fans, and a happy New Year to you.

The end of year 2011 has seen our beloved Spurs held to draw by the energetic and stylish Swans. Yes we did drop two points, but some might say that we gained a point because we were outplayed towards the end of the match. The Swans had made some six or seven changes to the team that played against QPR, and yet played the sparkling passing game that they have become renown for.

We had made no changes to the team that outclassed Norwich on Thursday. Our midfield and attack seemed tired, lethargic and bereft of ideas as we chased the youthful Swans all round the park. Yes we may not have many days like this, and yes we had not lost the match unlike our competitors Chelski and ManU, but can this poor performance been circumvented had we made changes to the team?

Why do we have players like Kranjcar, Pienaar, Livermore in the squad if they cannot start a match? Where is our much-touted depth? Anyone could have seen, that at the end of the Norwich game, that Parker was knackered. For some reason Bale was off his game yesterday and should have been replaced after the break. Why are we not using effective replacements instead of playing our stars into the ground?

I know that rotation of the squad has been often discussed on this forum, and that this seems to be an apparent weakness of Harry, but was this not the same issue that led to our dip in form at the beginning of the last year?

We are playing the best football since the sixties and have been praised by the great one himself (SAF) as the most exciting team in the EPL, so please Harry let us not lose it! COYS

Read more: http://www.spurs.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=7510996#ixzz1iFHQhVCS

rotate Empty Re: rotate

Post by Guest Mon Jan 02 2012, 09:51

Yup and soon as any rotation took place Lought and points were lost you would be P*ssing in everyones ears about it. You quote elsewhere that Adabayour should be "rested". Yet you do nothing but moan about Defoe & VdV, his obvious cover. Pavy ain't up to job as has been proven. You use a copy & pasted article to back up moans you have used in other threads. These players are at the peak of their physical prowess and any manager is going to pick the strongest side available to them. Our strongest side includes Adabayour, Bale & Parker. You really do want all your cake and then to eat it . . . . .

Post by Guest Mon Jan 02 2012, 10:28

pav not up to it lol goalscorer is there to score goals

wtf was ade playin left wing for yesterday while bale prances around showing off.

i see darren bent scored another goal at a big ground.

Post by Guest Mon Jan 02 2012, 10:34

vis why play defoe on right when u got kranker

we could of played pinnar . harrys got options but dont use them.

whats the point in buyin players if he dont trust them

Post by Guest Mon Jan 02 2012, 10:52

FFS Lought Bent is not a Spurs player anymore so why bring him into it ? Did he score for us at the so-called by "big grounds" ? Who gives a flying fek what he does for Villa ? I didn't see the game but maybe Defoe coming on was to keep a tactical shape ? 4-3-3 ? I'm sure someone else can fill me in on that. But Lought why do you always look for a scapegoat ? Why is the player who isn't playing always better and the player who has left the club better still ? Can't quite work that one out mate . . . .

Post by Guest Mon Jan 02 2012, 11:12

yes darren bent scored at chelsa arsnal man u when he was with us Very Happy

back to rotation. looking forward to ions thoughts on the subject

Post by Guest Mon Jan 02 2012, 11:16

Did he Lought ? Which games ? Show us ya stats big-boy lol . . . .

Post by Guest Mon Jan 02 2012, 11:26

he scored in spurs 4 4 . arsneal game. he scored in the chelsea away 1 1
    he scored 2 goals at man u in 6 2 game

hes scored loads of goals aganst arsneal for other clubs and aganst man u.

unlike defoe lol big game bottler

Post by Guest Mon Jan 02 2012, 11:32

He scored against ManUre in a 6-2. Bet thats one of his fave raves eh ? But why oh why Lought do you use your post to belittle a current Spurs player and big up an ex Spurs player confused ? The past is nothing but history now, the present is what counts and the future is worth hoping for . . . . .

Post by Guest Mon Jan 02 2012, 11:36

yea i understand what your saying.

i just think it would do bale and ade a world of good to come on off the bench.
    freashin up freashin things up.
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Mon Jan 02 2012, 14:11

Another pointless thread with a post from yet another clueless bandwagon fan. Without fail, as soon as these clowns see a balow par performance they bang on about 'rotation like it's the magical cure all. We didn't rotate for the Norwich game yet played them off the park.

Explain that one Mr expert.
    philip
    2nd Division
    2nd Division

Post by philip Mon Jan 02 2012, 21:05

VisionarySound wrote:FFS Lought Bent is not a Spurs player anymore so why bring him into it ? Did he score for us at the so-called by "big grounds" ? Who gives a flying fek what he does for Villa ? I didn't see the game but maybe Defoe coming on was to keep a tactical shape ? 4-3-3 ? I'm sure someone else can fill me in on that. But Lought why do you always look for a scapegoat ? Why is the player who isn't playing always better and the player who has left the club better still ? Can't quite work that one out mate . . . .
    +

I agree with you about Bent Vision, Lough Bent is and will never be a Spurs player like others I was glad to see the back of him good luck to him it is a team sport not whether Bent scores or not - Seewhere Vila are. What I would agree with Lough though is the fact that Harry should rotate a bit more not necessarily wholesale rotation but rather bring in substitutes when others are tired

Post by Guest Tue Jan 03 2012, 00:34

philip wrote:
    VisionarySound wrote:FFS Lought Bent is not a Spurs player anymore so why bring him into it ? Did he score for us at the so-called by "big grounds" ? Who gives a flying fek what he does for Villa ? I didn't see the game but maybe Defoe coming on was to keep a tactical shape ? 4-3-3 ? I'm sure someone else can fill me in on that. But Lought why do you always look for a scapegoat ? Why is the player who isn't playing always better and the player who has left the club better still ? Can't quite work that one out mate . . . .
    +

I agree with you about Bent Vision, Lough Bent is and will never be a Spurs player like others I was glad to see the back of him good luck to him it is a team sport not whether Bent scores or not - Seewhere Vila are. What I would agree with Lough though is the fact that Harry should rotate a bit more not necessarily wholesale rotation but rather bring in substitutes when others are tired

Is there really enough in depth strength in the squad philip ? i just think this is questionable.
    Certainly we have a very large squad but is there quality all the way though.
    To tell the truth i would like to see andros townsend come on, or that midfielder we used in the europa, i forget his name but he looked a great talent, and now townsend is out on loan.
    I just dont think players like pav, pienaar etc etc are good enough to put the rotation theory into effect, you want your best players out there all the time in the prem.
    I am a little disappointed with defoe, with a creative midfield like we have at spurs he should have nailed down a regular place by converting chances, he does seem a little rushed into shooting by defenders, he always seems to need a bit more time to tee it up.

Post by Guest Tue Jan 03 2012, 00:51

so now kranker pinnar defoe bassong or not good enough
    the season we got 4th we had pav and defoe up front for most of the last 8 games. also we had kranker playing and bentley on the right.

if we used kranker against swansea then we mite of been able to hold keep the ball better
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Tue Jan 03 2012, 01:11

Out of all our games in the premeirship , Swansea away would've been the last one for SuperPav to be picked.. We needed to put pressure on their back line , Pav is hardly suited for that ....

Rotation is fine but it can go tits up too... A few years back I can remember the red scousers citing Benitez's addiction to rotation as costing them the title ...

Even the most successful manager in the game gets it so wrong . You only have to go on the ManUre RedCafe forum to see just how many there are there complaining about rotation, where numerous postings state, Lindegaard was the better option for the physical and direct Blackburn and De Gea better for Wigan who play the more 'Spanish style' passing game ..

Post by Guest Tue Jan 03 2012, 04:05

Loughtonlegend wrote:so now kranker pinnar defoe bassong or not good enough
    the season we got 4th we had pav and defoe up front for most of the last 8 games. also we had kranker playing and bentley on the right.

if we used kranker against swansea then we mite of been able to hold keep the ball better

Says the most reliant of posters, quote lought ! why did we buy pienaar, defoe should be used as an impact player.......do i need to go on.
    Lought your credibi;ity is crap.

Post by Guest Tue Jan 03 2012, 04:23

yes pinniar most pointless buy but he can still start a game aganst lesser team

why say that about my credibilty

low shot from you lew

Post by Guest Tue Jan 03 2012, 04:49

Loughtonlegend wrote:yes pinniar most pointless buy but he can still start a game aganst lesser team

why say that about my credibilty

low shot from you lew

Because lought, you have said he is a pointless buy many times over and then pick up on my comment that the in depth quailty of the squad isnt good enough for rotation when you have the likes of pienaar and pav waiting in the wings.
    You say he should start against lesser teams, and he does when fit to play, we played a strong team against swansea and i cant see what pienaar or pav, or a recently returned from injury krancky could have done.
    I like krancky, he can do amazing things, but pienaar is a player like we had in the old days at spurs, pre 2000 if you like.
    Lought, have some consistency, if you say a player is a pointless buy then dont then say he should be played because you are disappointed with a certain result.

Post by Guest Tue Jan 03 2012, 05:05

its not just him theres loads of players that could play

he could of put dawson on to be more defensive and put kaboul at right back and push walker on right wing

Post by Guest Tue Jan 03 2012, 05:12

Loughtonlegend wrote:its not just him theres loads of players that could play

he could of put dawson on to be more defensive and put kaboul at right back and push walker on right wing

I agree walker could be played on the right wing, i posted that after lennon got injured.
    I wouldnt want a recently recovered from a bad injury dawson put anywhere at the moment lought, he needs to get match fit, maybe a run out in the fa cup would be the best thing, and games like that the fringe players should make harry look up and notice.
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Tue Jan 03 2012, 13:41

Loughtonlegend wrote:its not just him theres loads of players that could play

It wasn't so long ago that you where moaning about A itch bringing players back from injury too soon, end of last season as I recall. Now you want Dawson, who you slag off regularly for not being good enough, to play in a 'must win away game against a team that pressed incessently for 90 minutes.

Then you wonder why you get shots about your credibility.

Post by Guest Wed Jan 04 2012, 02:06

i was given examples of what options he had. im sure dawson could of come on for 15 20 mins to beef up the defence

why play defoe out on the right. makes no sence. we had ade on left and nobody up front wich allowed swansea defenders to push up more as we only had bale with pace.

stepehn or kranker or even walker would of been better then playing defoe right.

sorry but harry got this one wrong
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Wed Jan 04 2012, 02:44

Loughtonlegend wrote:i was given examples of what options he had. im sure dawson could of come on for 15 20 mins to beef up the defence

why play defoe out on the right. makes no sence. we had ade on left and nobody up front wich allowed swansea defenders to push up more as we only had bale with pace.

stepehn or kranker or even walker would of been better then playing defoe right.

sorry but harry got this one wrong

But Lought, you have to weigh up what Harry sees in training, only he can judge whether a player can transfer that on matchdays.

Apparently Pav scores for fun in training, but when the pressure is on in real games his found wanting because mentally his not tough enough.

Defoe when called upon has come on and scored in most games his started has sub, but yet again his progress has been halted by injury, infact Harry started with Defoe recently and VDV was benched, so players that have served us well will play and dont need to be rested or you could rest players like Swansea and end up mid table, your call Lought.

Post by Guest Wed Jan 04 2012, 03:10

on what harry sees in training lol yet ade gets worst trainer yet still starts.
    pav scores loads in training yet ade misiss hundreds chances in games

defoe overated and you know that. go check hes stats since hes return
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Wed Jan 04 2012, 03:17

[quote="Loughtonlegend"]on what harry sees in training lol yet ade gets worst trainer yet still starts.
    pav scores loads in training yet ade misiss hundreds chances in games

defoe overated and you know that. go check hes stats since hes return

But thats it Lought, since his return, his just missed 3 games through injury

Europa League Th 18Aug 2011 Hearts 0 - 5 Tottenham 1

Premier League Mo 22Aug 2011 Man Utd 3 - 0 Tottenham

Premier League Su 28Aug 2011 Tottenham 1 - 5 Man City

Premier League Sa 10Sep 2011 Wolves 0 - 2 Tottenham 1

Premier League Su 18Sep 2011 Tottenham 4 - 0 Liverpool 1

Carling Cup Tu 20Sep 2011 Stoke 0 - 0 Tottenham

Europa League Th 29Sep 2011 Tottenham 3 - 1 Shamrock R 1

Premier League Su 02Oct 2011 Tottenham 2 - 1 Arsenal

Premier League Su 16Oct 2011 Newcastle 2 - 2 Tottenham 1

Europa League Th 20Oct 2011 Tottenham 1 - 0 Rubin

Premier League Su 23Oct 2011 Blackburn 1 - 2 Tottenham

Europa League Th 03Nov 2011 Rubin 1 - 0 Tottenham

Premier League Su 06Nov 2011 Fulham 1 - 3 Tottenham 1

Premier League Mo 21Nov 2011 Tottenham 2 - 0 Aston Villa

Premier League Sa 26Nov 2011 West Brom 1 - 3 Tottenham 1

Europa League We 30Nov 2011 Tottenham 1 - 2 PAOK Salonika

Premier League Sa 03Dec 2011 Tottenham 3 - 0 Bolton 1

Premier League Su 11Dec 2011 Stoke 2 - 1 Tottenham

Europa League Th 15Dec 2011 Shamrock R 0 - 4 Tottenham 1

Premier League Sa 31Dec 2011 Swansea 1 - 1 Tottenham

total 9 goals, then take away games that his been injured and not started
    and its not a bad return.

then when his actually on the pitch he tries a lot harder then Pav and his quicker then Pav.

but you just dont like him Lought and all the stats in the world wont change that.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Jul 04 2024, 14:35