The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
King long term injury, search for centre half. EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
King long term injury, search for centre half. EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
King long term injury, search for centre half. EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
King long term injury, search for centre half. EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
King long term injury, search for centre half. EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
King long term injury, search for centre half. EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
King long term injury, search for centre half. EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
King long term injury, search for centre half. EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
King long term injury, search for centre half. EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

King long term injury, search for centre half. Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

4 posters

King long term injury, search for centre half.

King long term injury, search for centre half. Empty King long term injury, search for centre half.

Post by Guest Mon Jan 09 2012, 22:14

King might be out for another long spell due to pulling a hamstring while training.
    Harry might be looking for another centre half and samba is now being mentioned.
    The link with samba has been ongoing for ages now, could well be signed in the window to maintain the push for the title.
    Possible a last day signing, if spurs sell players surplus to whl.
    djfitzo
    International
    International

King long term injury, search for centre half. Empty Re: King long term injury, search for centre half.

Post by djfitzo Mon Jan 09 2012, 22:56

Difficult one Lew, cos next season my guess is Steven Caulker will be playing alongside Kaboul,
    can we get through the rest of the season with Dawson,Kaboul and Bassong or can we recall Kaboul.

Caulker is following exactly the same route as walker, ie fizzy pop then prem side and looks every bit as good.

djfitzo
    International
    International

King long term injury, search for centre half. Empty Re: King long term injury, search for centre half.

Post by djfitzo Mon Jan 09 2012, 22:57

oops recall Caulker!!

Post by Guest Tue Jan 10 2012, 05:33

sorry just seen this and i already posted about king in the main forum.

Post by Guest Tue Jan 10 2012, 06:41

Loughtonlegend wrote:sorry just seen this and i already posted about king in the main forum.

Thats ok lought, mine was about the king injury shifting the transfer goal posts, so mine was basically transfer news and not directly spurs chat.
    I think you are right dave, caulker seems like he could be a ...................corker. lol!

Post by Guest Tue Jan 10 2012, 06:55

How would Samba coming in affect the existing squad of 25 and the amount of "foreign nationals" in with regards to the Premier League rulings ? I'm not convinced about Samba although he does have the experience in the division. Livermore I feel coulsd make a fine emergency centre half. If it was down to me for one, and it wouldn't alter the squad rules, I would go for Hangeland (?spelling?)of Fulham . . . .

Post by Guest Tue Jan 10 2012, 09:18

i am not sure of that ruling vis, but gio is leaving so if samba came in it wouldnt make any difference on the foreign numbers we have at the club.
    I too am not sure of samba, but i wasnt on cahill either, hangeland i wanted at spurs a couple of years back, but i dont think we even hinted at getting him.
    Personally i think dave is right and that caulker should be given a chance.
    Its funny you know the talk of one out (king) but one back (dawson) that just makes me laugh, not deriding dawson as he is a brave defender but the two players are totally different, king just oozes quality and class while dawson always appears flat out to me, you just cant replace king, amazing player.
    I just hope the prem challenge doesnt go flat with the loss of king.

Post by Guest Tue Jan 10 2012, 11:15

caulker having a great season plus they kept so many clean sheets.

i see cahill stalling on hes contract as he wants more money which shows the kind of person he is plus now man u might hijack it

HotspurRoper
    HotspurRoper

Post by HotspurRoper Tue Jan 10 2012, 18:15

I was speaking to Arnie the other night in Chatbox and i brought up the name of Alex, iv seen worse centre halfs. Big strong experianced international who dont side step a challenge. In the region of £5 million maybe a little less. Worth a punt for me

Post by Guest Tue Jan 10 2012, 19:43

See what you say about Alex Lee but should we do any business with Chelski ? They are likely to bring up Modric again and offer bit-part players like Alex & cash ! Can we recall Caulker ? Not sure what the terms of his loan are. If it is season long then I think it is only in dire emergencies that a player can be recalled . . . . .

Post by Guest Wed Jan 11 2012, 07:48

Loughtonlegend wrote:caulker having a great season plus they kept so many clean sheets.

i see cahill stalling on hes contract as he wants more money which shows the kind of person he is plus now man u might hijack it

Personally lought i wouldnt want cahill, he is too attack minded, yeah mate i have to agree, caulker is having a great seaon and he is the answer, we dont really have to spend dosh in that department, reckon also if harry could give pav a run in the prem ? if only to back up his words, maybe pav would like to see a little confidence in his ability, i reckon he could do his bit.
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Wed Jan 11 2012, 20:25

Mr Plums. wrote:i am not sure of that ruling vis, but gio is leaving so if samba came in it wouldnt make any difference on the foreign numbers we have at the club.
    I too am not sure of samba, but i wasnt on cahill either, hangeland i wanted at spurs a couple of years back, but i dont think we even hinted at getting him.
    Its funny you know the talk of one out (king) but one back (dawson) that just makes me laugh, not deriding dawson as he is a brave defender but the two players are totally different, king just oozes quality and class while dawson always appears flat out to me, you just cant replace king, amazing player.

Lew, King has been in and out of the team most of the season and our results have not really been affected, Kabouls form has been key as he has the pace to cover and is good in the air, Kabouls gained more experience whilst away at Pompey and this season and i dont see any reason why he and Dawson cant make a very good partnership.

Post by Guest Thu Jan 12 2012, 03:49

i agree lew we dont need a striker or defender unless its some huge star.

if we buy someone then we will have so many defenders if they all get fit
    kaboul galas daws king charlie bassong plus livermoor and hudd can play there.

Post by Guest Thu Jan 12 2012, 03:55

Rumour in the telegraph today about a big name loan signing . . . .

Post by Guest Thu Jan 12 2012, 04:25

im hearing samba or kaka
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Thu Jan 12 2012, 20:56

djfitzo wrote:
    Mr Plums. wrote:i am not sure of that ruling vis, but gio is leaving so if samba came in it wouldnt make any difference on the foreign numbers we have at the club.

Lew, King has been in and out of the team most of the season and our results have not really been affected, Kabouls form has been key as he has the pace to cover and is good in the air, Kabouls gained more experience whilst away at Pompey and this season and i dont see any reason why he and Dawson cant make a very good partnership.

Have to say, I thought Daws and Kaboul played very well last night together.

Post by Guest Fri Jan 13 2012, 02:30

djfitzo wrote:
    djfitzo wrote:

Get your point dave, you know there are some players you dont have a 100% confidence in, and for me its daws, he is a blood and guts player, that i appreciate, i dont like the way he commits himself with sliding tackles, leds doesnt do that, he always stays on his feet, i like defnders who dont commit themselves to being left on the ground when an opposing forward marauds forward.
    But dawson is ok, i just prefer king.
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Fri Jan 13 2012, 03:27

Mr Plums. wrote:
    djfitzo wrote:
    djfitzo wrote:

Without injuries most of the world would have wanted King, but Daws in age terms is still learning his craft as a centre back and I thought he dovetailed well with Kaboul and his distribution seeemed better last night

Get your point dave, you know there are some players you dont have a 100% confidence in, and for me its daws, he is a blood and guts player, that i appreciate, i dont like the way he commits himself with sliding tackles, leds doesnt do that, he always stays on his feet, i like defnders who dont commit themselves to being left on the ground when an opposing forward marauds forward.
    But dawson is ok, i just prefer king.

Post by Guest Fri Jan 13 2012, 08:20

was dawson nackerd last night cos he seem to be so deep. its understandble though as he only had a weeks training then came back for the cup game
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Fri Jan 13 2012, 16:07

Aitch on Talksport: King will be back in a week.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Fri Jan 13 2012, 18:23

That's great news ion.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20 2024, 01:39