The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
from russia with love EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
from russia with love EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
from russia with love EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
from russia with love EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
from russia with love EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
from russia with love EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
from russia with love EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
from russia with love EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
from russia with love EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

from russia with love Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

from russia with love

from russia with love Empty from russia with love

Post by Guest Thu Jan 12 2012, 02:32

Hi all, you can probably guess where this is going by the title. I know I'm stirring up a wasps nest by even mentioning our Russian Striker but here goes anyway.

I was wondering if it's just Spurs and Russians that we seem to have an issue with (Anyone remember Sergei Rebrov? And yes, I know he is from the Ukraine) So I looked into some stats and found something quite surprising.

Based on Goals to Games percentage Pavlyuchenko is not as bad as people make out. In fact, he's on track to be around the same sort strike rate as Defoe if you look at the Goals per Game ratio. Pav - 110 Appearances - 41 Goals - Ratio 37% (inc sub apps) Defoe - 312 Appearances - 119 Goals - Ratio 38% (inc sub apps). Then for fun Crouch - 93 Apps - 24 Goals - 26% Rebrov - 75 Apps - 16 Goals - 21%

Now I know this is all for fun but what it says is if Pav keeps this up and plays over 300 Games then he too would beat Glenn Hoddles goal scoring record (you know what I mean). Would this make him a waste of space if he did that? I think Not!

The long and short is we're quick to knock Pav, but based on his stats he adds his goals at a good ratio and isn`t the waste people make him out to be. I for one hopes he stays during this window and keeps doing what he's doing! He could very well go on to become a legend! and FYI compared to some of Manure's legends he's got a better ratio (Best - 38%, Hughes - 35%, McClair - 27%) Please note the stats came from both the official Spurs site, and the official Manure site.

Please don't slate me, I'm just trying to come up with a topic that will start a debate going not a witch hunt. Whoever where the lily white gets my support! COYS!!

Read more: http://www.spurs.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=7511076#ixzz1jAEn58jO

from russia with love Empty Re: from russia with love

Post by Guest Thu Jan 12 2012, 02:33

well well well. thats not to shabby. infact how of them 110 games how many was as a sub or in a cup with the reserve players.

when you think defoe crouch played more first team players with lennon modric and bale to set them up.

Post by Guest Thu Jan 12 2012, 03:21

I don't think anyone doubts his ability Lought, just his attitude of late. Also you have supported him to the detriment of so many other players that posters will look at his faults and have a dig back at you to, kinda, even the scales up . . . . .

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Jul 04 2024, 14:23