The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
harry - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
harry - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
harry - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
harry - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
harry - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
harry - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
harry - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
harry - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
harry - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

harry - Page 2 Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+4
shearspur
anicoll5
djfitzo
ArnieArdiles
8 posters

harry

anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

harry - Page 2 Empty Re: harry

Post by anicoll5 Fri Feb 10 2012, 08:22

Oh do get a grip Spuds - when Arry joined you he was greeted with distinctly luke warm applause - he had one trophy in his entire 25 year managerial career, was an Arsenal fan and even then had a reputation as a man with a complex financial back catalogue - he's 64

He will or won't move on - you'll get a new manager - the roller coaster sweeps on

Post by Guest Fri Feb 10 2012, 08:43

have a rep nic

Post by Guest Fri Feb 10 2012, 08:50

LOL takes a goner to put things in perspective . . . .
    totalytot
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by totalytot Fri Feb 10 2012, 08:54

I really don't think Harry will take the job even if it is OFFERED to him. I think he might have done a year ago but a lot has happened it that time. The heart op, the court case and the team is doing so well now. I believe he will talk it over with her in doors and decide at 64 he doesn't need any more aggro and we all know that with England comes a lot of aggro.

Personally I would like him to stay for a number of reasons.For starters he has a job to do with us and for another I don't really think he would be good enough for the England job and would be crucified for it.

If he thinks about it he could retire in a couple of years having been a top successful manager with Spurs and the best we have had since Billy Nick and remembered for years after for it, or another failed England manager in a long line of England managers because the team is just not good enough.

But then Ego is a powerful drug and many would succumb to it.

Mikey M
    seebee1944
    seebee1944
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by seebee1944 Fri Feb 10 2012, 22:13

Ladbrokes have slashed the odds on Harry becoming next England manager since a dog called Rosie placed a bet of £189,000.-

Post by Guest Sat Feb 11 2012, 00:01

PMSL Seebee. Repped ? Oh yeah . . . . .

I feel he will take the job for the Euro's. It will give him a "taster" and he can say he has done it and still look forward to a C/L (hopefully) campaign next season. If we shouldn't qualify for whatever reason then he may take permanent. He is in a win/win situation. Take it on temporary and if In-ger-land don't do well no one can blame him. If they do well he is a national hero and a richly paid life in the meeja awaits him. Either way it would be good for a knighthood. Arise Sir 'arry of Harringey . . . .
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Sun Feb 12 2012, 23:25

Harry shouldn't go for the England job ...

Since his acquittal he let it be known that his Sandra was kept away from the courthouse due to her being a bit of a soft lass, "it would've killed her" were his words ... Does he really want to put her through, being the wife of the national football team manager...The press and the public will slaughter him if it goes tits up...

Then there is the small matter of who your employers are..Levy and the Spurs board have stood by him all this time, would the FA have? What about working under Trevor Brooking, his nemesis from their Spammers days?

I've heard the argument that the England job, will be his final job. If so and it all ends in the usual failure and acrimony from a vindictive FA who like to deflect failure away from their many failings, Harry will always be remembered as a failed manager . He's not young enough to then go back into club management to redress the perception.

Harry should stay with Spurs , for his wife and family and for himself.

Post by Guest Mon Feb 13 2012, 04:03

but hes 64
    he gets up everyday at 3am and makes a long trip to spurs

if he took the england job it would be part time
    more money and less hours

Post by Guest Mon Feb 13 2012, 04:12

Arnie you make some excellent & considered opinions in your post mate . . . .
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Mon Feb 13 2012, 05:24

Loughtonlegend wrote:but hes 64
    he gets up everyday at 3am and makes a long trip to spurs

if he took the england job it would be part time
    more money and less hours

He's not up at 3am . Harry talks rubbish sometimes ,,,,yes ? lol

It's a 2 hour drive in the mornings in a high powered luxury car ...Its not to strenuous even for a 64 year old , especially a chauffeured driven one earning 60+ grand per week ...

And Lought dont think he will be on Cappello wages if he takes the job ...The FA have hinted the next appointment aint going to be on similar money ... He wont be earning much more for England than at Spurs, if in fact he will be earning more ....Have to remember Levy could be about to offer him a new improved contract

ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Mon Feb 13 2012, 05:26

VisionarySound wrote:Arnie you make some excellent & considered opinions in your post mate . . . .

Well I know some non Spurs fans who say the same, Vis ....He'd be mad to take the England job for what he has at Spurs...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Oct 05 2024, 20:14