The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Twittering twats. EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Twittering twats. EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Twittering twats. EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Twittering twats. EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Twittering twats. EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Twittering twats. EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Twittering twats. EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Twittering twats. EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Twittering twats. EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Twittering twats. Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

2 posters

Twittering twats.

Twittering twats. Empty Twittering twats.

Post by Guest Fri Feb 10 2012, 07:38

Since harry got off and capello quit i keep reading big football names stating they want harry as england manager.
    I bet they do, along with the goons who would like us back where tottenham were before the arrival of harry.
    Reading the posts on here i see it doesnt look that important that we will retain harry, with names like mourinho being mentioned as a replacement.
    I seem to remember that levy said no more foreign managers, so are we to take it that levy is a man of his word if we go by his stance over modric, doesnt this rule out mourinho, ancelotti et al ?
    I reckon levy has to make a massive effort to keep harry, the evidence is that we were in the relegation zone when he arrived, and have since had a taste of the cl and made a big impression in that comp, we are also sitting high in the prem at the moment.
    If levy sticks by his word of no more foreign managers i cant really see what the options are.

Twittering twats. Empty Re: Twittering twats.

Post by Guest Fri Feb 10 2012, 08:04

Lew for the title of the thread alone I'm giving you a big fat juicy rep snog . All we can do is "watch this space" I'm afraid. I always feel that to look for the light-hearted at times like this is preferable to being introspective. Just my thoughts . . . .

Post by Guest Fri Feb 10 2012, 08:11

its not down to us lew. its upto harry. he has never said he wants to stay at spurs and that who wouldnt want the england job.

well theres loads of people that dont want it.

if harry wants to stay with us then he can. but paddy power have already paid out bets on him being in charge of england in the summer.

so will harry show some loyalty for once.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Fri Feb 10 2012, 08:50

I seem to remember that levy said no more foreign managers,

He also said after Comolli there would be no more directors of football and then at a later date said he couldn't rule it out.

Post by Guest Fri Feb 10 2012, 10:02

VisionarySound wrote:Lew for the title of the thread alone I'm giving you a big fat juicy rep snog . All we can do is "watch this space" I'm afraid. I always feel that to look for the light-hearted at times like this is preferable to being introspective. Just my thoughts . . . .

Thanks vis, even sharon is saying its a shame and she only has an interest in spurs because she knows i love the club, and we are having a great time under harry.
    But the lighthearted way is probably the best way to go with not knowing if he will stay or not.
    I have heard levy has promised harry £60 mill to spend on players if he got off the charge, whether thats true or not who knows but hopefully levy will now try to keep harry long term, i cant see who would want the england job, it used to hold a lot of kudos but at harrys age would you want the aggravation?
    My man utd mate texted me late last night with this message.......Ha Ha ! harry for england, now watch tottenham go backwards.......thats my point really, they want us to be the old tottenham, floundering mid table, playing europa, selling our best players because we arent in the cl.
    If he does go we have to be careful who we get in to maintain the progress of the last few seasons, it has to be dead right.
    cstmrsking
    cstmrsking
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by cstmrsking Fri Feb 10 2012, 11:26

To my mind, there is very little Levy can do to keep Harry. If Harry wants to go, does anybody think Levy can treat Harry the same way as Mods? You can have 1 unhappy Player, but not an unhappy Manager.

Post by Guest Fri Feb 10 2012, 19:06

Quite right kingy, no good having an unhappy manager, thats for sure and its a definate that if harry wants the england job and is offered it then he will go.
    My point is that levy should make the decision hard for harry to make, a longer contract for a start, a promise of more funds being available for players to continue challenging for the title.
    To my way of thinking he will get more success with spurs than he will with england, the players arent good enough that he would have at his disposal, unless within the next few years more english players of the quality of our own kyle walker are discovered.
    But guess all will be revealed soon.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Jul 07 2024, 04:43