The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Anyone noticed. EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Anyone noticed. EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Anyone noticed. EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Anyone noticed. EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Anyone noticed. EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Anyone noticed. EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Anyone noticed. EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Anyone noticed. EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Anyone noticed. EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Anyone noticed. Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

2 posters

Anyone noticed.

Anyone noticed. Empty Anyone noticed.

Post by Guest Sat Feb 11 2012, 08:43

A few years ago we were snapping up young talent like bale and walker, we dont seem to be doing much in that direction at the moment, but i notice that chelsea are.
    I dont know what the scouts are doing, or do we actually have scouts anymore ?
    I dont know if comolli was responsible for those signings, and maybe we lost something when he was sacked.
    I dont like the director of football thing that we employed years ago, but maybe another role could have been created for comolli, didnt he find ekotto and the other bloke, errrrrrrrr ! forget his name now, lought will know him/
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Anyone noticed. Empty Re: Anyone noticed.

Post by ionman34 Sat Feb 11 2012, 09:10

Well, off the top of my head we have 'snapped up' Walker, Naughton, Caulker, Falque and Coulibaly to name just a handful.

Considering the competition between clubs for the 'next big somebody' I'd say we haven't done too bad.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Sat Feb 11 2012, 09:23

I'm waiting to see Coulibaly get a shot at first team football. He is supposed to be very good.

Post by Guest Sat Feb 11 2012, 09:25

plus caluker doing very well at swansea

Post by Guest Sat Feb 11 2012, 16:33

ionman34 wrote:Well, off the top of my head we have 'snapped up' Walker, Naughton, Caulker, Falque and Coulibaly to name just a handful.

Considering the competition between clubs for the 'next big somebody' I'd say we haven't done too bad.

I actually meant the last couple of seasons ion.
    Caulker is actually from the tottenham academy.
    Falque and coulibaly i suppose are the newest youth arrival from last season.
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Sun Feb 12 2012, 15:01

Mr Plums. wrote:
    ionman34 wrote:Well, off the top of my head we have 'snapped up' Walker, Naughton, Caulker, Falque and Coulibaly to name just a handful.

They've built a top quality Nextgen squad Lew which really should have shown Europe just what else there is to come from Spurs at that tournament we withdrew from.

I reckon someone got proper Pineappled for that cock up.

When you have that it is rare to see a team constantly out there picking up every bit of available talent on offer, not that they could with all the competition anyway. As I see it, Spurs are now at a stage where they are looking at talent that augments rather than just adds to, both Coulibaly and Falque appear to fit into that category as they came with good reputations across Europe.

Depends on your perspective I suppose. I see the lack of quantity coming in, over the last 2 seasons, as a sign that there really isn't that much out there that is better than what we already have. When we do see that talent we go for it. Even then it is not guaranteed that we will get it as they will be in hot demand. We're in competition with the biggest teams in Europe now for this prodigious talent, I wouldn't expect our success rate to be any greater than 1 in 4 TBH and even then I think I'm being generous.

I actually meant the last couple of seasons ion.
    Caulker is actually from the tottenham academy.
    Falque and coulibaly i suppose are the newest youth arrival from last season.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content