The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
on hes way EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
on hes way EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
on hes way EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
on hes way EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
on hes way EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
on hes way EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
on hes way EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
on hes way EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
on hes way EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

on hes way Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+2
anicoll5
Maximus
6 posters

on hes way

on hes way Empty on hes way

Post by Guest Thu Mar 01 2012, 11:53

Tottenham Hotspur could be closing in on a deal to bring Jose Mourinho to White Hart Lane during the summer, after reports in Spain claimed the Portuguese coach is in the process of buying a house in the English capital.
    Rumours continue unabated that Mourinho will soon be ending his time at Real Madrid and heading back to the Premier League. AS is reporting this evening in an article attributed to Duncan Castles, well known for his links to Mourinho, that the Special One travelled to London today with his wife to buy a house, the purchase of which will be finalised this week.
    Castles claims that talks have already taken place between Mou and a representative acting on behalf of Spurs chairman Daniel Levy, and that they told him the following: although he would have to take a pay cut, if they succeeded in their aim of selling the club for around £300m, the club would embark on the kind of spending spree which has been afforded to Mourinho in all his most recent coaching ventures.
    ars*nal may still be an option but would surely not offer him an open chequebook, and if Mou is willing to ignore the ‘never go back’ philosophy there is every chance that Roman Abramovich would re-hire him. However for as long as Harry Redknapp remains the favourite to be the next England manager, it would seem that Spurs will continue to pursue a man who has never enjoyed the popularity with fans and the press in Italy and Spain which he achieved in his time holding the reins at Stamford Bridge.

Read more: http://www.spurs.vitalfootball.co.uk/forum/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=31589&start=19&posts=21#ixzz1np1W7bzc
    Maximus
    Maximus
    2nd Division
    2nd Division

on hes way Empty Re: on hes way

Post by Maximus Fri Mar 02 2012, 02:54

I cant see it happening realy Lought but Should Arry leave us then i hope he does come to WHL.But even then Jose the wonder boy does'nt hang around to long, so we would be looking for another manager in a season or two. maybe he might have been courted by the FA to take the England job.

Time will tell.
    anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Fri Mar 02 2012, 04:36

Jose to take the England job is an interesting shout Max - maybe that is why the FA have been rather slow in pushing matters with Arry ?

Post by Guest Fri Mar 02 2012, 06:06

I call you quite possibly correct Max . . . . .
    DJSR
    DJSR
    Admin
    Admin

Post by DJSR Fri Mar 02 2012, 06:28

i reckon Jose is going to Chelski, i heard he's been looking for a house in the Knightsbridge area.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Fri Mar 02 2012, 07:01

He said today he won't go back to Chelski DJ.

Post by Guest Fri Mar 02 2012, 10:18

cant see him going back to chelsea after the way he was treated

maybe he will go england
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Fri Mar 02 2012, 21:56

You gotta be kidding me, Mourinho for England? He's far too bloody intelligent for that.

Jose knows a winner from a loser, England management offers far too much of the latter. The existing players aren't really good enough and the emerging talent really isn't all that, barring the likes of Oxlaide Chamberlain and the other goon (mental block - name escapes me).

He creates a winning mentality, a work ethic to match and tactics that utilise the strengths of the team he has. Think about his transfer strategy, when he joins a team. He has never overhauled a team, he augments what is there, if it's quality. England don't have enough quality to tempt him, IMO.

However we do.

So do the goons, as painful as it still remains to say. I do believe that we are the most tempting prospect though. On the cusp of achieving something that will immortalise the manager who gets us there, particularly if he does it by maintaining our present style of play, which would.

But he'd augment it, make it ruthless. I think he could take that Spurs side and make it one of the most feared in Europe and all without spending huge amounts.

This has been my reasoning for a while now and I maintain that this is why we are far closer to the front running than most would believe. DL has never been afraid to pay the required wage to get the best product. He believed that with Ramos and made him the highest paid manager in the Prem. He might haggle but I believe he'd pay Jose what he wanted, within reason. They're reputed to be on very good terms too.

If H really does move on, Mourinho is a country mile ahead of anyone else on my wish list.
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Fri Mar 02 2012, 22:28

ionman34 wrote:You gotta be kidding me, Mourinho for England? He's far too bloody intelligent for that.

Jose knows a winner from a loser, England management offers far too much of the latter. The existing players aren't really good enough and the emerging talent really isn't all that, barring the likes of Oxlaide Chamberlain and the other goon (mental block - name escapes me).

He creates a winning mentality, a work ethic to match and tactics that utilise the strengths of the team he has. Think about his transfer strategy, when he joins a team. He has never overhauled a team, he augments what is there, if it's quality. England don't have enough quality to tempt him, IMO.

However we do.

So do the goons, as painful as it still remains to say. I do believe that we are the most tempting prospect though. On the cusp of achieving something that will immortalise the manager who gets us there, particularly if he does it by maintaining our present style of play, which would.

But he'd augment it, make it ruthless. I think he could take that Spurs side and make it one of the most feared in Europe and all without spending huge amounts.

This has been my reasoning for a while now and I maintain that this is why we are far closer to the front running than most would believe. DL has never been afraid to pay the required wage to get the best product. He believed that with Ramos and made him the highest paid manager in the Prem. He might haggle but I believe he'd pay Jose what he wanted, within reason. They're reputed to be on very good terms too.

If H really does move on, Mourinho is a country mile ahead of anyone else on my wish list.

Interesting article in the telegraph today mate.

What is all this messing about with the fa doing to Spurs current prem campaign?
    In a nutshell, are the players going to be affected by what is happening with Harry and if they read what we read abt Mourinho, would they be part of his plans?
    So I guess it can work two ways, let it affect you or put in performances when selected to show the possible new boss that you deserved to be kept on.

There could be some truth in it as we have not capitulated like we did against our nearest an dearest since the begining of the season.

anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Sun Mar 04 2012, 03:53

I sense a vacancy at the Bridge
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Sun Mar 04 2012, 05:21

Still don't think Jose would go back there Nic.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Jul 12 2024, 17:46