The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Manyoo EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Manyoo EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Manyoo EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Manyoo EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Manyoo EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Manyoo EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Manyoo EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Manyoo EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Manyoo EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Manyoo Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

5 posters

Manyoo

anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Manyoo Empty Manyoo

Post by anicoll5 Mon Mar 05 2012, 06:08

Far better footballing performance from Spuds today. Bit unlucky to have been beaten by quite the margin it ended up. At the back however never comfortable. End for Ledley for sure at the end of the season. What was Modric played on the flank for ? Lennon very good.

Tricky trip to Goodison next weekend.

Manyoo Empty Re: Manyoo

Post by Guest Mon Mar 05 2012, 06:13

ye i was going to start this up.

thought we played well. i hate to say it but thought the ref got it right for ade goal but it always seems to go aganst us when we play them.

this was the same ref who fergie had a go at recently

back to the game.

ekotto lennon ade sandro all had good games
    my man of the match goes to jake.

i thought saha should of come off sooner for defoe.
    worrying thing is harry just sits there again
    hes so gone. even on 606 they saying england tried to talk to harry but levy said come back in april

DJSR
    DJSR
    Admin
    Admin

Post by DJSR Mon Mar 05 2012, 06:16

Yep, just didnt have any luck today, deserved a draw at least, united were lucky as Fergie said. But with 3 key players missing (Bale, VDV, Parker) i was quite proud of the lads. I also agree that Kings days are numbered, he went missing in both the a*se and todays game, but has been good in most games this season. I would of brought on Defoe much sooner as Saha wasnt doing much.

Can still afford to lose another game and still be in 3rd place, i think we'll just clinch 3rd place looking at our run in.

Post by Guest Mon Mar 05 2012, 06:20

brad 6
    walker 4 our worst player. involed in all man u goals
    kaboul 7 brought the ball out a lot
    king. 5 another poor game from the king
    ekotto 7 good game and got forward a lot
    jake 8 kept the ball well and also got forward
    sandro 7 stil getting hes fitness back
    modric 6 woefoel free kicks and corners
    lennon 8 why did he not get on the pitch last week
    saha 5 held on to the ball way to long
    ade 7 worked hes socks and unlucky not to score
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Mon Mar 05 2012, 06:32

How was he involved in the third goal lought? He was covering eras run and modders feel asleep for the second from the throw
    anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Mon Mar 05 2012, 06:42

The other side of the clock is that I saw a very good defensive performance today from the visitors. Rio has looked dreadful recently but was in charge today, Evra and Evans were very efficient and even the weak link Jones worked hard

Add in Young's deadly finishing and it was not luck
    shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur Mon Mar 05 2012, 07:25

well at least defoe got one against a "big team" lought. so that blows your theory out the water that he cant score against them.if he had come on a bit sooner we may have got back into it.

Post by Guest Mon Mar 05 2012, 07:46

away grounds. why dont people listen
    he dont score at away grounds.

anway he cant be that good if saha come in and goes straight into the team Very Happy

man u dont need to get out of 2nd gear to roll over spurs

fergie all smiles on touchline as he knows he wil get an easy 3 points.

one again spurs have no cutting edge and modric played out of postion may aswel not of played.
    shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur Mon Mar 05 2012, 08:18

i dont think saha should be on ahead of defoe,its a bloody disgrace imo. he was supposedly brought in as cover for pav going. harry will P*ss defoe off till he leaves then we be left with 2 strikers one going back to m city and an old one on a 6 month deal. get defoe back playing week in week out then your see him score.hes to good to be warming his a*se on the bench , what a waste

Post by Guest Mon Mar 05 2012, 08:56

have to say he should of got on last week. and today saha didnt do much and defoe should of come on at 2 0 down

djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Mon Mar 05 2012, 19:39

man u dont need to get out of 2nd gear to roll over spurs

And why was that Lought? Sandro and Livermore stopped their midfield from playing, infact the whole team closed down well,
    give credit where its due. How many saves did Brad have to make?
    It was down, once again to defensive lapses that cost us the game. You can blame Walker for everything, which is what you normally do, isolate one player but facts are the top teams buy players that can deliver a football, we could have bought Young for peanuts when we he was at Watford but baulked at the price. We have more corners and dead ball, but our delivery was hopeless. Why can benny take corners and stick the ball under the bar like Lighton Baines does for Everton? Instead of floating the ball into the area to be cleared easily and the reason Fergie was laughing was because he couldnt believe how his team had just won 3-1 after being outplayed for most of it, sometimes you posts can be so childish, why do you support (loosely) Spurs?
    totalytot
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by totalytot Mon Mar 05 2012, 20:11

Lought you wonder why Vis and all the others have gone from here, personally I think your negative comments week in and week out have a lot to do with it.
    Every supporter has a right to criticise his team if they are playing badly we all do it at times I know I certainly do but not every game and not when we have played well and won.

You just don't seem happy unless you have your regular daily moan.
    You will probably soon be on here talking to yourself.

Mikey M

Post by Guest Tue Mar 06 2012, 07:16

but i dont always moan. man u didnt have to get out of 2nd gear because we would never have scored.

fergie plays to old men in the middle and still they won 3 0.

i been posting with most of the people on here since 2005
    all the people that wanted the gooner gone have since stopped posting.
    so when he was posting we was getting 100 replys to hes thread. the board was rammed with posters having debates. then he gets banned and guess what. everyone else apart from ion stop posting and guess where they all are

spurs v arsenal banter page having debates with gooners .

maybe one or 2 did leave because of me but vis bod legend jim lew lobo max didnt leave because of me.

i think people left because they cant argue with anyone else apart from me. so im just a scapegoat.

i feel sorry for baz and the people that work hard in setting this board up. they have been let down by poster who get the hump with another poster then just run away and stop posting
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Tue Mar 06 2012, 07:49

The only reason burger got those posts was because he used to make snidey remarks and stirring things up between spurs fans and they went debates just slanging matches. But you don't want to debate,those old men have been walking over most midfields for weeks, I put it to you that Livermore and sansei stopped them playing, but no it wasn't us it was them not getting out of second gear, why don't you support them then? One that always wins in second gear, go on give us all one good reason why we would ever believe you was a spurs fan

Post by Guest Tue Mar 06 2012, 07:57

because i dont need to prove it. people that know me on here know im spurs. i even met up with some poster on here for some spurs games.

if you have facebook your welcome to add me and see all the slaggin matches i have with arsneal fans and spammers.

i do post positive threads but people forget them threads.

as for the man u game i agree with you. jake and sandro did a gread job. we stopped them playing but we sill mucked it up.

again our manager just sits there and watches the game just drift away.

defoe should of been on at half time or when we went 2 0 down. not with 11 minutes left. another stupid decesion.
    saha should of come off and walker looks like hes carrying an injury

modric corners and free kicks all he did was just seem to put in a floaty cross. they need to practice set peices
    DJSR
    DJSR
    Admin
    Admin

Post by DJSR Tue Mar 06 2012, 08:26

Lought, i find your posts to be constructive criticism most of the time, even though it is usually negative but i agree sometimes, but i'm not gonna get the hump about it and stop posting, even though i dont post much because i'm usually very busy with work or doing stuff on the site in the background. If posters arent happy, say it, thats what the site is about, discussions and disagreements or ways to improve the team. Its a shame some posters have stopped posting, hopefully they start up again.

Spurs are having a great season so far and i was expecting this drop in form against the goons and manure, it happens to most teams. But what i'm looking forwards to is our run-in to the end of the season, as were playing the easier teams and i believe maximum points can be achieved and clinch 3rd place.

I agree that we need to work on our set pieces, we do struggle to put in decent corners and free kicks at times like you say, and defoe should of been on at half time, i dont understand Harry's decisions at times or he just gets the hump and doesnt change things.

I'm still in 2 minds about Adebayor, he hasnt been consistant enough for me on whether to sign him on a permanent basis or not, then theres his wage demands fiasco.

Post by Guest Tue Mar 06 2012, 08:54

agree with all of that. i thought ade had a good game yesterday but is he really worth nearly 200k a week

the run in will be intresting and we tend to do well at everton away. its at home we tend to struggle but we need 3 points.

they have newcastle at home on monday
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Tue Mar 06 2012, 20:23

Loughtonlegend wrote:agree with all of that. i thought ade had a good game yesterday but is he really worth nearly 200k a week

the run in will be intresting and we tend to do well at everton away. its at home we tend to struggle but we need 3 points.

they have newcastle at home on monday

I dunno Lought, our home form has been pretty good this season, infact our form home and away has been good, I would like to put that down to us, but sometimes you find a way of making it that the other team performed badly.

TBH its tongue in cheek when I say your not Spurs, cos i know you met up with Jim and Dave at one of the pre-season friendlies, why did that stop?

I just think you go a little over the top with Harry and the players sometimes and need to realise how far we have come in such a short space of time.

I too get mystified by some of Harrys decisions and being the eternal optimist try to find a postitive and maybe, just maybe, Harry does not have what it takes, tactically, to make us a championship winning side.

But we do have to be grateful for what he has done for us and for you to call him a twat is harsh.

So lets all try and debate and try to find out why things are happening at times and not immediately start slagging players and Harry.

Ive voiced my concerns for some time about Benny, but a lot of posters believe that he is one of the best left backs in the Prem and I agree to a certain extent, but you do get every so often Sunday league Benny!!

I know it seems that i continually pick up on your posts, but I too love Spurs and am enjoying for the first time in 40 years a Spurs team that has occassionaly this season slipped up, but on the whole has given me a lot of pleasure and pride.

Post by Guest Wed Mar 07 2012, 03:55

i also met up with spursbod for the carling cup game aganst bolton 2 seasons back. we was meant to meet up for a pre season game last august but nothing came of it.

as for harry he comes out today and says hes not intrested in chelsea job. that says so much

so he wont deny hes intrest in england
    i never said harry to get sacked but if we could get hiddink or the specal one ill be so happy

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Oct 05 2024, 20:29