The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
 Stevenage EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
 Stevenage EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
 Stevenage EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
 Stevenage EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
 Stevenage EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
 Stevenage EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
 Stevenage EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
 Stevenage EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
 Stevenage EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Stevenage Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+4
BazSpur
shearspur
djfitzo
DJSR
8 posters

Stevenage

Stevenage Empty Stevenage

Post by Guest Tue Mar 06 2012, 07:43

a strong team here.

cudichini
    kaboul daws neilson rose
    kranker parker modric bale
    gio defoe

if bale gets over hes flu i would give him 60 mins then swap him for lennon.

walker needs a rest. save sandro for everton same as ade

DJSR
    DJSR
    Admin
    Admin

Stevenage Empty Re: Stevenage

Post by DJSR Tue Mar 06 2012, 07:49

i dont think Harry will go too strong as its a home game, but will have a strong bench incase things dont go to plan. The Everton game is more important.
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Tue Mar 06 2012, 07:56

Just hope the wind dies down a bit. Might make it a bit of lottery. Will be a bit different for them with 35000 thousand fans rooting for spurs and no matter what anyone says, our bowling green of a pitch will suit our passing game
    DJSR
    DJSR
    Admin
    Admin

Post by DJSR Tue Mar 06 2012, 08:14

yep fitzo, has been very windy in north london the past few days, starting to calm down now though, hopefully. I'm guessing the game is live on normal tv??

Post by Guest Tue Mar 06 2012, 08:39

nope its on espn. but its 7 30 kick off

itv1 are showing barcelona
    DJSR
    DJSR
    Admin
    Admin

Post by DJSR Tue Mar 06 2012, 08:45

oh ok cheers lought, the internet it is then Very Happy
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Tue Mar 06 2012, 20:26

Makes you laugh though dont it, ITV bang on about the romance of the cup, but has given it over to ESPN to make more money, christ they have 4 channels that they could have shown it on.

Post by Guest Wed Mar 07 2012, 03:51

yep plus barcelona are all but through.
    plus they keep showing all of sunderland fa cup games

shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur Wed Mar 07 2012, 04:03

well i hope he puts out a decent enough side to get through, im going and dont want to see us panicking to get past an average league one side. lets be honest it should be a formality even for us.play some first teamers and get ahead then rest them.this is important game after whats happened lately , to get the confidence back and als lets get to wembley, why not? lets take it serious cos were within touching distance soon.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Wed Mar 07 2012, 04:44

I hope we really go for it. We need to win a trophy. If only to shut the goons up lol.
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Wed Mar 07 2012, 10:38

At present I'm fearfull of hanging onto 3rd spot, so yup let's win the FA Cup sponsered by . . . . .

Stevenage Thumbnail
    anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Wed Mar 07 2012, 11:50

Whisper it quietly but with Chelsea in chaos and Liverpool good one week and dire the next you are probably Cup favourites - I have a sneaking feeling Sunlun will be in the final though
    Maximus
    Maximus
    2nd Division
    2nd Division

Post by Maximus Thu Mar 08 2012, 01:52

TEAM NEWS
    Gareth Bale has recovered from illness and looks set to start Tottenham's FA Cup fifth round replay against Stevenage tomorrow.
    Spurs will field a relatively strong side, which is likely to include Scott Parker, who is back from suspension, while William Gallas could feature after missing the last two months with a calf injury.
    Ledley King will be rested, Rafael van der Vaart is a doubt with a calf injury, and Tom Huddlestone (ankle) is out.
    Chris Beardsley is a doubt for Stevenage. Boro's leading scorer missed the 1-1 draw at Exeter over the weekend after suffering a hamstring injury against Charlton on February 25.
    Should the striker fail to recover in time, Blackburn loanee Jordan Slew is likely to continue to lead the line alongside Craig Reid after making his debut against the Grecians.
    Jon Ashton shook off a head injury to play the full 90 minutes at St James Park and he is expected to resume his role in the heart of defence.
    MANAGER QUOTES
    Harry Redknapp (Spurs): "He (Livermore) could be (an England international). The sky is the limit for Jake. His attitude is so good. He wants to get to the top and when you have that type of attitude there is no reason why he can't do it. He has the ability as well so he has a good chance."
    Gary Smith (Stevenage): "Spurs are one of the top Premier League sides with a possible England manager. There are so many things in their favour. The club is in a particularly buoyant place at the moment, casting aside their last two results (defeats to Arsenal and Manchester United). And of course we're away from home. Nobody expects us to get anything out of the game and the bookmakers will have us well and truly odds-against for getting any sort of result. But it may be worth a pound or two flutter for us to get something out of the game. We're going there with all the right credentials to make it a tough test for Spurs."
    MATCH FACTS
    Stevenage haven’t conceded a goal in their five FA Cup matches this season.
    Spurs have kept clean sheets in four of their last five FA Cup matches.
    In eight matches between them, neither Spurs nor Stevenage have conceded an FA Cup goal this season.
    Tottenham haven’t lost in the FA Cup to a lower division side since Leicester outfoxed them in 2006.
    Jermain Defoe has scored eight goals in his last 11 FA Cup starts.
    Tottenham have suffered back-to-back defeats for the first time since September 2010 (all comps).
    Stevenage have not won any of their last five games in all comps, drawing three and losing two.
    MATCH ODDS
    Tottenham (3/14), Stevenage (16/1), Draw (3/1)
    MarkA249
    MarkA249
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by MarkA249 Thu Mar 08 2012, 04:09

rest Brad walker Sandro give the kid smith a game if hes not cuptied play ade and defoe up top together go for it no bobbly pitch this time
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Thu Mar 08 2012, 04:17

Spot on Mark. Whatever the team Arry puts out there will be no hiding place for Stevenage on the wise open spaces of WHL. I fully expect us to win.
    anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Thu Mar 08 2012, 07:28

Seems Stevenage are as comfortable on the carpet at the Lane as they were at home - greater fitness much surely tell in the second half ?
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Thu Mar 08 2012, 07:33

Anyone got a link please ?
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Thu Mar 08 2012, 08:30

Is this our year? Yet another unconvincing step towards Wem-ber-ley . . . . .
    Maximus
    Maximus
    2nd Division
    2nd Division

Post by Maximus Thu Mar 08 2012, 08:35

Job done. we made hard work of it though.
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Thu Mar 08 2012, 08:41

From what I heard/saw we sure did mate. What happened to Mikey D? A win is a win is a win. Bring on Bolton . . . . .
    Maximus
    Maximus
    2nd Division
    2nd Division

Post by Maximus Thu Mar 08 2012, 08:44

He's gone to hospital with ruptured ankle ligament and a knee injury as well, sounds like he will be out for the rest of the season.
    anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Thu Mar 08 2012, 08:55

An impressive result - even when you were behind you kept going and got back into the game. Arry will be delighted.

BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Thu Mar 08 2012, 08:58

Impressive would have been 5-1 as per my prediction Nic. Still, we march on and that's all that matters.
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Thu Mar 08 2012, 09:16

MiniMax that sounds like an injury that will haunt him into next season. Shame as Ledley is starting to show signs of age. I was looking forward to seeing Kaboul & Mikey D build a partnership. Guys I would have taken a 1-0 squeaky bum result in this (as I will, strangely, happily see for every game we play for the rest of this season)but we are starting to look disjointed & nervy again. Is it the 'arry for In-Ger-Land campaign or just pure fresh virgin terrortory for the majority of the squad ? Who knows but at least we won . . . .
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Thu Mar 08 2012, 09:52

Maybe the experience of gallas and nelson will help in the run in,but I expect next season to be labium and caulker,power pace good in the air and comfortable on the ball. Kaboul has really come on this season and his quite experienced in the prem now and like walker, caulker playing at a footballing team has really brought him on.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Jul 12 2024, 17:52