The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
 Vs Stoke - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
 Vs Stoke - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
 Vs Stoke - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
 Vs Stoke - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
 Vs Stoke - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
 Vs Stoke - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
 Vs Stoke - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
 Vs Stoke - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
 Vs Stoke - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Vs Stoke - Page 2 Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+5
cstmrsking
shearspur
BazSpur
MarkA249
vis
9 posters

Vs Stoke

vis
    vis

Vs Stoke - Page 2 Empty Re: Vs Stoke

Post by vis Thu Mar 22 2012, 10:01

Shear if it's any consulation I love you for your dedication to OUR team. Respect & rep my friend . . . . .
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Thu Mar 22 2012, 10:07

One last post from me tonight. We seem to have shot our bolt since the Barcodes. What is happening? Is it Redknapp & England? Is it something else ? This is our team and we deserve answers . . . . .
    cstmrsking
    cstmrsking
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by cstmrsking Thu Mar 22 2012, 10:36

When VDV Scored, where did the Ball come in from? Bale out on the Left.

If Ya Reading Harry.

Post by Guest Thu Mar 22 2012, 12:12

always they parked the bus lol
    what load of tosh
    vdv starts ahead of defoe. vdv just walks back into the team
    modric and parker not working.

how did gio play when he came on. i only saw first half

Post by Guest Thu Mar 22 2012, 12:15

197 corners this season. 1 goal. Maybe another 3 shots on target.

MarkA249
    MarkA249
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by MarkA249 Thu Mar 22 2012, 18:14

Lought if u saw only first half how do you know they didnt park the bus which they did all the possesion but nothing in the final 3rd why cause we was sh*t and they parked the bus even the bbc said stoke come for a point

Bale on the left is what is needed cross from there tonight and same against Bolton for walkers head
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Thu Mar 22 2012, 20:04

Loughtonlegend wrote:always they parked the bus lol
    what load of tosh
    vdv starts ahead of defoe. vdv just walks back into the team
    modric and parker not working.

how did gio play when he came on. i only saw first half

Who scored the equalizer Lought?

I understand everyones frustration, but we are not out of 3rd yet!!
    The bit of lady luck we had at the begining of the season has deserted us and the Goons are getting theirs now, battered and won at Pool, good goals ruled offside against Everton, so lets see what happens now until the end of the season.
    We need to make the games count on the days they play Citeh and Chelski at home.
    Two things, after Muamaba, this first home game was always going to be more difficult for us than Stoke, can you imagine being that close to someone that is more or less dying on the pitch next to you, it must have some affect.
    No matter what people say, the Engerland fiasco has made a difference to us, practically every Prem manager saying give the job to Harry has distabalised the team, but aint that typical us? when everything is going great, theres always something that puts a spanner in the works.
    I still think that we will finish third and even if we finish 4th, we still get Champs League and we have Caulker to come back and Hudd,Dawson, try to keep Lennon fit and a host of players that want to come to Spurs, we can at the end of the season sort out the manager, but lets not get too downhearted now, the lads need our support and i'd rather have our run in then Arsenals and Chelskis.

totalytot
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by totalytot Thu Mar 22 2012, 20:21

I know we are still a long way from Utd and City and Ferguson wuld never let happen what we have done in the last few weeks, but what hurts the most is that 6 games ago we had 49 points and the a*se hd 36. At that time Wilshire and their goalie and Van Persie all said that no way would we finish above them and I thought "arrogant b*stards" even allowing for a couple of blips it was never going to happen.....but it has and I'm finding it very hard to take.

I know most years we start to fade away at the end of the season when most of the top teams get stronger but this year I believed was different.We were playing well and everybody was saying it's the best football seen in
    the Premier for years, some even said "best ever." Maybe that was the trouble in that they believed all the hype being said about them and when the wheels fell off they could not pick themselves up.

I like a few on here have always had reservations about Harry being able to take us forward but you couldn't knock was was happening and a lot of it was down to him. However it seems that he is great when the team is playing well and the arm around the shoulder works wonders but when the going gets tough then it needs more than that and I believe thats where Harry falls down.He seems unable to change a game with tactics or substitutions unlike many good managers.

Then there is the January transfer window and just bringing in 2 crocks in Saha and Nelson. We needed Cahill in defence and a lloreinte or Damiao or Cavani etc up front.We were playing that well that I'm sure they would have joined us but now if we fail to get CL next season not only will it be unlikely to get this calibre of player but we would almost ceretainly lose a couple notably Modric and Bale.Incidentaly I think Modric has not been fireing to well lately, perhaps his mind is already on pastures new.

I don't agree with all this talk of Harry and England has disrupted the team I think Harry has been disruptive him self by to much useless talk in the media.

We have 9 games left and the next is Chelsea who are looking for that 4th spot and have found a bit of form lately so it could mean they will be just a point behind us after the game.

I just hate the feeling the Gooners have at the moment.

Mikey M
    or Cavani etc
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Thu Mar 22 2012, 20:56

totalytot wrote:
    I know we are still a long way from Utd and City and Ferguson wuld never let happen what we have done in the last few weeks, but what hurts the most is that 6 games ago we had 49 points and the a*se hd 36. At that time Wilshire and their goalie and Van Persie all said that no way would we finish above them and I thought "arrogant b*stards" even allowing for a couple of blips it was never going to happen.....but it has and I'm finding it very hard to take.

I know most years we start to fade away at the end of the season when most of the top teams get stronger but this year I believed was different.We were playing well and everybody was saying it's the best football seen in
    the Premier for years, some even said "best ever." Maybe that was the trouble in that they believed all the hype being said about them and when the wheels fell off they could not pick themselves up.

I like a few on here have always had reservations about Harry being able to take us forward but you couldn't knock was was happening and a lot of it was down to him. However it seems that he is great when the team is playing well and the arm around the shoulder works wonders but when the going gets tough then it needs more than that and I believe thats where Harry falls down.He seems unable to change a game with tactics or substitutions unlike many good managers.

Then there is the January transfer window and just bringing in 2 crocks in Saha and Nelson. We needed Cahill in defence and a lloreinte or Damiao or Cavani etc up front.We were playing that well that I'm sure they would have joined us but now if we fail to get CL next season not only will it be unlikely to get this calibre of player but we would almost ceretainly lose a couple notably Modric and Bale.Incidentaly I think Modric has not been fireing to well lately, perhaps his mind is already on pastures new.

I don't agree with all this talk of Harry and England has disrupted the team I think Harry has been disruptive him self by to much useless talk in the media.

We have 9 games left and the next is Chelsea who are looking for that 4th spot and have found a bit of form lately so it could mean they will be just a point behind us after the game.

I just hate the feeling the Gooners have at the moment.

Mikey M
    or Cavani etc

Mikey, those players were never coming in January mate. Its a waste of time January as most teams still have important games to play and just wont release players unless your a Chelsea or Citeh that have so much money to chuck at it, which we dont. I can see the reasoning behind Saha and Nelson, two experienced prem players that can see us over the line in 3rd/4th that were available and so far Saha has stayed injury free. Like I said, Caulker is part of one of the meanest defences in the Prem and like Walker will be ready to slot in next to Kaboul and get a continuity in the centre that we have lacked recently come next season and I firmly believe that we will get Champs League football next term.
    My take is that pro players shouldnt let what is happening with Harry and England make a diff, but results since Capello walked suggest otherwise. Looking at the stats, we are still dominating games, but are struggling to break down stubborn 2 banks of 4. So chin up mate, Id still rather have our run in than our closest rivals.

DJSR
    DJSR
    Admin
    Admin

Post by DJSR Thu Mar 22 2012, 21:13

a*se-anal still have to play Man City & Chelsea. After our game with Chelsea this Saturday, our run in to the end of the season is mainly against lower opposition, so we should be favourites for 3rd.

But Harry has to keep Bale down the left and if he keeps whipping in those crosses we will score goals, stop sticking Bale in the middle, it isnt working. Dont know whats happening with Lennon, think he's out for a few weeks and still with a hamstring problem.

Saha not looking good, seems to faze out towards the end of the game, i would start Defoe over Saha every time. Lets hope adebayor is back from injury for the next game, we need to get our form back asap, the whole team just looks tired every time i watch them recently.

Post by Guest Fri Mar 23 2012, 04:44

so 5 games no win. yet same sh*t midfeild vinnie sideways opps parker and modric
    yet whenever jake plays hes been 1 of our best players
    drop either parker or modric. jake derserves to play and would want to win. unlike modirc who dont give a toss
    12 points we lost. if we lose to chelsea we will be 4 points behind. bottlers big time

and we could of got players in jan but we got 2 older players.
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Fri Mar 23 2012, 07:51

Loughtonlegend wrote:so 5 games no win. yet same sh*t midfeild vinnie sideways opps parker and modric
    yet whenever jake plays hes been 1 of our best players
    drop either parker or modric. jake derserves to play and would want to win. unlike modirc who dont give a toss
    12 points we lost. if we lose to chelsea we will be 4 points behind. bottlers big time

and we could of got players in jan but we got 2 older players.
    What because you said so,lought? Go on then, football manager of the year, name me these fantastic players that were available and their clubs would let them leave?
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Fri Mar 23 2012, 08:22

@ DJ & Totally. I love the positivity guys and I'm trying to tap into that.
    But.
    The team has lost it's free flowing, no fear, joy of playing. I question why? Thats another thread me thinks?
    But.
    There is something missing at the moment and my feeling is it's Redknapp & In-ger-land and also the heady heights reached and the burden of expectation. 3rd place for this team and management is vigin territory and the pressure, in my humble opinion ,is starting to tell . . . . .

Post by Guest Fri Mar 23 2012, 08:32

cahill would of joined us if we got in early
    theres loads of players who would of loved to join us

since we got top 4 we hardly spent a penny
    if we brought that season we did then we might got back in top 4 at fiirst go

face it harry has lost a 12point lead but he dont care because hes going england.
    he expects loyalty from hes players but w e dont get it from him

anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Fri Mar 23 2012, 08:55

Why would a manager be loyal ?

When was the last time you did not sack a manager ?

Total bollox
    anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Fri Mar 23 2012, 09:13

You have to larf - Spuds 4th at the end of March - just one point behind Arsenal - several points ahead of the Chels - FA Cup semi final and Spuds the favourites ( based on PL form) and all to play for

And you still get em on here moaning like a feckin drain
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Fri Mar 23 2012, 09:39

Loughtonlegend wrote:cahill would of joined us if we got in early
    theres loads of players who would of loved to join us

since we got top 4 we hardly spent a penny
    if we brought that season we did then we might got back in top 4 at fiirst go

face it harry has lost a 12point lead but he dont care because hes going england.
    he expects loyalty from hes players but w e dont get it from him

So let's get this straight,there are loads of players out there but you mention one,Cahill, who correct me if I'm wrong was part of the worst defence in the prem, let me paint you a picture lought. We enquire abt Cahill months ago and his interested, his agent though says hold on let's leak it to the press and Chelsea with their millions and aging back 4 come in with an offer that we can't match.then we have Steven caulker who is part of the best defence in the prem getting great experience. Wasn't it you that put up a post that caulker was saying "great spurs going for another defender" and you moaning that we never hang on to our best players! You see lought that's what managers have to deal with,not different to the ps3

Post by Guest Fri Mar 23 2012, 09:54

yep like most kids we buy they go into the twlight zone
    i hear bostock goin from championsip to league 1 and now league 2 lol
    caulker doing well so lets hope hes given a chance next season.
    gio best kid at last world cup yet gets destroyed by harry.
    pav scores goals. something our strikers dont do.

theres loads of players we could of brought in last 2 years but either to slow, scots didnt rate or we waited untill the last minute

if we finnish 5th harry should be sacked.
    he has no excueses. time will tell
    anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Fri Mar 23 2012, 09:58

Amazing it is so easy to buy players - best tell Ferguson Lought cos then he would not have needed to call Scholes back from retirement
    Best tell Dalgish who - in spite of spending £50 million on strikers - but cant buy a goal

Post by Guest Fri Mar 23 2012, 10:13

but carrol was scoring goals then suarze comes back and carrol gets dropped and liverpool lose 7 out last 8 games
    fergie got scholes back because scholes is class.
    you notice how he keeps the ball moving with forward passes
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Fri Mar 23 2012, 10:20

So are you saying Spurs should buy 'Scholes' Lought ? Crouchinio held the ball up well for Stoke so should we buy him back ? If Bostick is now league 2 then he has found his level eh ? What did Dos Santos do when he came on last night ? Not much. We have the squad that we have, full of good players it must be said. But there is something wrong behind the scenes. Redknapp & In-ger-land or just weight of expectation ? I dunno but I do know the team needs a wake call. Bit part players ain't going to do that, nor are players who have moved on. It's up to the management & squad to prove they are a force to be taken seriously . . . . . .

Post by Guest Fri Mar 23 2012, 10:28

but thats my point about harry. he not used to working with big players. he wont drop players when they are off form

since bale hit the headlines 2 years ago then if fit he starts everygame yet hes had lots of bad games and still starts. which says to me harry belives the hype about him from other people because harry sure didnt fancy him before.

he needs to have more of hes own ideas be hes own man and be ruthless. when darren bent or pav miss a sitter they get slagged off

yet when harrys favs miss its just shrugged of at one of them days
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Fri Mar 23 2012, 10:35

Lought I do take your point but if Bale & VdV hadn't of been on the pitch in the 93rd minute last night would we have rescued a point ? If's, but's & maybes my friend . . . . . . .

Post by Guest Fri Mar 23 2012, 10:40

ye but i would of brought bale on in second half.
    look at man c they do so well because they use the sqaud
    some days lescot plays some games he dont
    same with nasri balitell dzeko johnsong

if harry had them players he would play them all the time

why has harry not thought about using walker as a right winger. untill lennon comes back.
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Fri Mar 23 2012, 10:45

Lought I dunno mate. I wish I did, 'cos if I did me & you would be 'arry & Joe Jordan . . . . . .

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Aug 04 2024, 00:57