The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
harry on set peices EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
harry on set peices EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
harry on set peices EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
harry on set peices EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
harry on set peices EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
harry on set peices EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
harry on set peices EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
harry on set peices EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
harry on set peices EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

harry on set peices Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

2 posters

harry on set peices

harry on set peices Empty harry on set peices

Post by Guest Sat Mar 24 2012, 08:06

Spurs have won 205 corners in the Premier League this season – the second-highest number in the top flight – but have mustered just five goals from the ensuing deliveries.

That has been compounded by the fact that the Lilywhites have also conceded important goals from dead ball situations.

Manchester United took the lead at White Hart Lane recently with a Wayne Rooney header from a corner, and Cameron Jerome put Stoke ahead at the Lane on Wednesday night from a Jermaine Pennant free-kick.

Redknapp concedes that set pieces are a weak area for Spurs – and he is expecting a similar problem when Spurs face Chelsea at Stamford Bridge tomorrow.

“If you looked at us the other night against Stoke, we really had two people in our side who were over six foot - Ledley King and Younes Kaboul. We were a small small team. That is a problem,” said Redknapp.

“You look at Chelsea tomorrow and you look at the likely headers of the ball for them. They’ve got some big lads, they will score goals from set plays. [Branislav] Ivanovic is fantastic in the air, then there’s John Terry, David Luiz and Gary Cahill, depending on who plays.

“We’re not a big side and the other night the delivery was poor, which didn’t help. The ball into the box was poor against Stoke - but it’s all about having people who want to get onto the end of that ball as well.

“Certain people will get on the end of it and stick their head on it. It doesn’t matter where the ball arrives in the box, they’ll head it.

“I saw QPR play Blackburn earlier in the season, and every time a corner came in, [Chris] Samba headed the ball. It didn’t matter where the ball ended up, he ended up getting his head on it. He outjumped everybody, he’s an amazing header of the ball.

“We’ve only really got Kaboul who I would say was a great header of the ball, so we need him to get his head on one for us. Other than that we’re short.

“It’s an area we could look to improve. If we could find a couple of 6ft 4ins players who are really good and strong in the air, we would improve.

“But other than that, I think we really have to play short corners. I think we have to try to work the ball because, certainly the other night against Stoke, we were never really going to score by putting the ball into the box.

“They were too big and too strong. They probably had six or seven players who were 6ft 2ins or 6ft 3ins, and really it was a mismatch in terms of heading the ball.”

harry on set peices Empty Re: harry on set peices

Post by Guest Sat Mar 24 2012, 08:07

That's Crouch back in the summer! What a Face
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Sat Mar 24 2012, 08:09

EL CROUCHINIO . . . . . . . harry on set peices 348752
    shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur Sat Mar 24 2012, 09:06

yeah nice harry , lets put a real negative on it just before our match . cheers for that.
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Sat Mar 24 2012, 09:23

Anyone for reverse psychology ? ? ?
    shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur Sat Mar 24 2012, 09:46

lol vis, if chelski get the winner from a corner tomo i blame H for giving them a team talk.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Aug 03 2024, 23:15