The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
My Dilemma EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
My Dilemma EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
My Dilemma EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
My Dilemma EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
My Dilemma EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
My Dilemma EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
My Dilemma EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
My Dilemma EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
My Dilemma EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

My Dilemma Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+2
djfitzo
seebee1944
6 posters

My Dilemma

seebee1944
    seebee1944
    Premiership
    Premiership

My Dilemma Empty My Dilemma

Post by seebee1944 Mon Apr 23 2012, 20:13

It's that time of year for season ticket renewals (in the next couple of weeks). For the past 30 odd years I've had one it's been a no brainer to renew, but this year I'm in about six minds. With the impending change of manager and half the team likely to depart I really can't make my mind up. This season has been the most disappointing (actually disillusioning) I've ever known in over 50 years of supporting Spurs.

So come on somebody cheer me up.
    djfitzo
    International
    International

My Dilemma Empty Re: My Dilemma

Post by djfitzo Mon Apr 23 2012, 20:31

seebee1944 wrote:

It's that time of year for season ticket renewals (in the next couple of weeks). For the past 30 odd years I've had one it's been a no brainer to renew, but this year I'm in about six minds. With the impending change of manager and half the team likely to depart I really can't make my mind up. This season has been the most disappointing (actually disillusioning) I've ever known in over 50 years of supporting Spurs.

So come on somebody cheer me up.

Seebee, disappointing end. This season at times as seen us play some fantastic stuff, we got the the semi finals of the fa cup and I still
    believe we will finish 4th and Cheatski wont win the CL.

Next season we will have Caulker and Naughton back from loans, Dawson and Hudd back from injury and lets face it we will have a decent manager in place, so for me, with a 20,000 waiting list and no prospect of me getting back the season ticket I had to give up for my growing family, id renew like a shot.

BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Mon Apr 23 2012, 20:38

I'd look at it this way. Yes there are changes afoot and it could all go pear shaped next season. But imagine if we have a great season next year and you didn't have a ticket? And I think you'd miss the atmosphere and the whole habit of going to the Lane. Personally if it were me I would get another season ticket if I had the chance. If you don't, you may regret it.
    shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur Mon Apr 23 2012, 21:05

i was thinking the same seebee, but mine is only a membership not a season ticket.i love going but at times this season ive felt cheated, being taken for mugs.put it this way if you went to the theatre and all the cast were fluffing their lines and making mistakes everyone would be fuming. well thats whats happened at the lane recently.i will still renew as mine is not the cost that yours will be but i cant get tickets for all the matches you get. also i will lose my loyalty points if i quit, which are quite healthy now after all these years and would get me semi/final tickets should we reach any. keep the faith mate its in our blood.
    anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Mon Apr 23 2012, 22:32

Sounds like an excellent time to renew IF I was a Spuds fan

1) Arry on his way out and the opportunity to appoint a manager to build a far more solid foundation for your club over the next five years. Did you really expect to be managed for long by a 65 year old whose primary claim to fame is his ability to feed the press a witty one liner ?

2) While some players might be leaving there are still a core of decent players and the funds brought in from the departures from Bale and Modric can be put to good use in buying in replacements.

3) With the completion of the new training and academy facilities Spuds should begin to see the emergence of some real young talent.

And finally mate - are you going to be the Spuds supporter who gave up your ST the season BEFORE the balance of power finally tilted in North London ? Wink

Trrfficc - sold to the man in the white top

Post by Guest Tue Apr 24 2012, 00:31

got to agree with nic
    im looking forward to next season

oh how we missed huddlestone
    even dawson. i know hes not the best defender but he plays with heart

dj the fa cup run was a joke tbh
    needed replays aganst everyteam we played
    stevenage and watford then being poor aganst bolton
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Tue Apr 24 2012, 00:36

Loughtonlegend wrote:got to agree with nic
    im looking forward to next season

oh how we missed huddlestone
    even dawson. i know hes not the best defender but he plays with heart

dj the fa cup run was a joke tbh
    needed replays aganst everyteam we played
    stevenage and watford then being poor aganst bolton

But we still got to the semi's regardless, it just seems that lots recently has conspired against us, shocking ref decisions, bit of bad luck and injuries to key players, add to that Harry's limitations tactically and one eye on the England job its a wonder we are still clinging to 4th.

Read an interesting snippet today, Ade wont play again this season cos he he a big bust up with Harry, also Lennon and Walkers had words, looks like his man management skills that he was famed for are on the slide.

Post by Guest Tue Apr 24 2012, 01:26

yep i heard that aswell. also heard they are fed up with bale allowed to do what he wants

BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Tue Apr 24 2012, 02:53

Oh dear, the cracks are beginning to show. Time for a change I think.
    anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Tue Apr 24 2012, 03:02

Show me a manager that Ade has not fallen out with, at international or club level ?

Adebayooooooor

Adebayoooooor

He used to love Arreeeeee

But not any moooorre
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Tue Apr 24 2012, 03:26

anicoll5 wrote:Show me a manager that Ade has not fallen out with, at international or club level ?

Adebayooooooor

Adebayoooooor

He used to love Arreeeeee

But not any moooorre

If only it was just him Nic, sounds like a lot of unhappy bunnies at Spurs, god forbid it should happen at Arsenal, you just wouldnt see Van Persie questioning Wenger in substituting Chamberlain, not on camera anyway, hold on a minute!!

Post by Guest Tue Apr 24 2012, 03:36

Very Happy dj
    anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Tue Apr 24 2012, 03:50

I dont recall RvP sitting out the remainder of the season after the disagreement Dave - that may be a significant difference as Spuds go into your last four games having to win them - and with Ade sulking in his tent - or Arry sulking in his tent Smile

Come to think of it VP is another one that Ade had a bust up with cat
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Tue Apr 24 2012, 08:55

seebee1944, if you really don't want that season ticket then please, please , please renew it then sell it to me ! Thanx . . . . . .
    seebee1944
    seebee1944
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by seebee1944 Tue Apr 24 2012, 18:18

Thank you gentlemen for your (mostly) positive reasons for renewing and you have helped me make my mind up to renew. My other reason is because I don't know how more seasons I will be able to go to Spurs (we're all getting older) make the most of the privilege.
    Thank you again.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Tue Apr 24 2012, 20:58

REPPED Seebee.
    seebee1944
    seebee1944
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by seebee1944 Wed Apr 25 2012, 00:57

Thanks Baz the replies on here made me realise how fortunate I am to have the ticket when so many have, for various reasons, had to give up going but still support this love we call Spurs.

So I'll be there next season ready for another roller coaster.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Jul 12 2024, 20:43