The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
ITK - Rafa Benetiz EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
ITK - Rafa Benetiz EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
ITK - Rafa Benetiz EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
ITK - Rafa Benetiz EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
ITK - Rafa Benetiz EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
ITK - Rafa Benetiz EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
ITK - Rafa Benetiz EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
ITK - Rafa Benetiz EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
ITK - Rafa Benetiz EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

ITK - Rafa Benetiz Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+3
anicoll5
LOBO
vis
7 posters

ITK - Rafa Benetiz

vis
    vis

ITK - Rafa Benetiz Empty ITK - Rafa Benetiz

Post by vis Thu Apr 26 2012, 07:05

A mate of mine,who works for a London football club, who has given me very good knowledge before about Spurs and the whole London football scene, in advance, has today contacted me and told me that in principal a 3 year deal has been agreed with Benetiz to take over next season from Redknapp. I really don't know how correct this is but as I said he has been correct in advance on many other matters regarding the London football scene. Good knowledge or good guess work ? I called him a bullshitter, a chancer , a sh*t stirer and all sorts but he insisted this was what he has heard.
    As I say I dunno, but . . . . ..
    My question is - how would other posters feel if this was true ? I'm horrified and hope it is wrong but others may feel differently ?
    No fact in this rumour at all, just word of mouth amongst football fans and professionals . . . . . . .
    (don't shot the messanger for the message eh . . . . )
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

ITK - Rafa Benetiz Empty Re: ITK - Rafa Benetiz

Post by LOBO Thu Apr 26 2012, 07:13

Nah hes got the right credential's imo , prem experience ,CL experience , big players experience , at the end of the day its not about personality , its what he can do , liverpool were a far better team under him than they are now under "King Kenny"

Its probably bollox though, but never say never
    anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Thu Apr 26 2012, 08:41

My opinion

Vis victim of cruel hoax

Think British dear boy - Levy has done "foreigners" and Santini and Ramos were disasters

Last edited by anicoll5 on Thu Apr 26 2012, 08:54; edited 1 time in total
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Thu Apr 26 2012, 08:51

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo Breathe NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Thu Apr 26 2012, 08:55

Damn.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Thu Apr 26 2012, 09:05

ionman34 wrote:Damn.

Lol, that must be the shortest post I've seen from you ion.
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Thu Apr 26 2012, 09:18

lol @ Ion & Baz.Eeekkkkkkk . . . . . .
    Gotta say this guy has been right in the past. He love's Spurs but comes from Sarf East London stock & isn't a fan as such. Let's wait & see eh ? Just a heads up from and if I'm wrong (means he's wrong) he owes me a beer or several which I will try to pass electronically on to you all. If he's right then I'm in for a whole summer of stick from him lol. My shoulders are broad (I hope) . . . . .
    SuneJim
    SuneJim
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by SuneJim Thu Apr 26 2012, 09:37

Don't want that negative Footy at Spurs,,,,,,,
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Thu Apr 26 2012, 09:41

Let's face it, if he does get the job he is really going to have to hit the ground running. Very few will give him the opportunity to bed in as he's a long way from the most popular manager England has ever seen.

And if he ever mentions milk bottles being White .................
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Thu Apr 26 2012, 10:11

Milk bottles are clear, opqaue (is that how you spell o-pake ?) at best . . . . . .

Post by Guest Thu Apr 26 2012, 10:56

but he does hate fergie lol
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Thu Apr 26 2012, 17:59

only one manager imo good enough for spurs and that would be pardew , said it right at the beginning of the season rodgers no just so bloody silly to even mention his name on one season , moyes boring boring boring bloody boring ,mourinho get real lolol
    who is there ? benitez you may scoff at but hes far more credible than some of the joker names being put forward here
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Fri Apr 27 2012, 01:59

LOBO wrote:only one manager imo good enough for spurs and that would be pardew , said it right at the beginning of the season rodgers no just so bloody silly to even mention his name on one season , moyes boring boring boring bloody boring ,mourinho get real lolol
    who is there ? benitez you may scoff at but hes far more credible than some of the joker names being put forward here

I don't think Rodgers is being considered based on results this season, I think he is being considered based on his ethos and philosophy, he is by me anyway.
    Lambert has probably done just as well but, having seen Norwich play, I don't see the same philosophy. When I watched them beat us, I watched a team effectively playing route 1 Football, totally bypassing midfield and relying on their big CF to provide second ball to oncoming midfielders. Rodgers played Football against us at WHL and, with better quality at his disposal, would have really stretched us, even though we were near to our best that day.
    Swansea are in 12th because they lack strikers. Other teams have sussed that if they press us high up the pitch they can take us out of our game. Teams that have tried that against Swansea, in the main, have been run ragged. That is a style that, IMO, stands the test of time and is one that would be massively successful with quality players. He has his team set up as a tight unit from back to front, something Martinez rarely ever does.

That is why I would have Rodgers over Martinez as I think he is the right fit for our creativity whilst also bringing that solidity and work rate we desperately need.
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Fri Apr 27 2012, 05:04

Nice post Ion ...

I agree with that about the football philosophy ...

Harry also likes the team to pass and move but that alone is simply not enough...

Under Harry we're weak in dead ball situations , free-kicks , corners and I include throw-ins too ... All these situations require players understanding their roles ..

Also , I love tippy tappy football , players looking for those one-twos on the edge of the opponents penalty box as opposed to the looks our players give to each other of, why the feck didn't you pass to me, I was in a better position to score ...

Think there's a few players that just don't understand the team ethic and having a manager who I believe epitomises looking after number one, just doesn't help our cause...
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Fri Apr 27 2012, 07:24

I tell you now guys to put you out of your misery lol , rodgers wont get the spurs job , it will be jol , i have a mate in the know who knows a fella with a dog with a wonky eye who has contacts

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content