The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
ade  EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
ade  EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
ade  EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
ade  EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
ade  EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
ade  EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
ade  EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
ade  EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
ade  EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

ade  Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+5
ArnieArdiles
LOBO
daded09
vis
shearspur
9 posters

ade

shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

ade  Empty ade

Post by shearspur Fri May 11 2012, 06:53

was up the west end today and picked up a copy of london evening standard, article in it about ade going to be offered to link up with henry again at new york red bulls, if the yanks can agree terms with man city. they are willing to match his 175000 a week wage. spurs have not given up on signing him though , but would not match those wages.city have paid 105000 of his wages while on loan this season but are unlikely to agree to that again given the important role he has given one of their rivals and after another season at spurs he would become a free agent and although the financial power they have would not like to lose out on a 25 million spent on him.will he fancy america?
    vis
    vis

ade  Empty Re: ade

Post by vis Fri May 11 2012, 07:54

Shear for me there are better, more hungry and much more "loyal" strikers out there then Adabayour. I will say thanx for the goals this season but I sure won't shed a tear to see the back of a modern, mercenary footballer from MY club . . . .. . .
    shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur Fri May 11 2012, 08:10

thats my thoughts as well vis, prob most on here as well. just filled a gap but now we need to stop playing around and get in permanent quality.

Post by Guest Fri May 11 2012, 08:12

yep and me. hes hold up play is good but just dont seem to be botherd if he scores are not
    daded09
    Conference League
    Conference League

Post by daded09 Fri May 11 2012, 08:30

i dont know if we need adebayor :/
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Fri May 11 2012, 08:43

Sorry Guys I disagree , Ade has proved he has what it takes, his vision and touch are world class , If we can keep him I reckon next season he will bag 20+ goals , who out there is better ?

vis
    vis

Post by vis Fri May 11 2012, 08:52

Fair point Lobs but wasn't he bought in and hailed this season as a 20+ a season striker ? Who is better ? Well goals per minutes played/games ratios would through up a lot more strikers who are, perhaps, technically inferior players, but score more per ratio and just maybe are a damn sight less mercenary than Adabayour (LOL I still haven't learnt how to spell his name correctley). This guy just isn't worth his vastly inflated weekly wage packet and I would hope Spurs would never countenance paying him his average weekly wage. But should he be prepared to take a wage cut and fall into the club "average" then I would applaud him and his team ethic and support him . . . . .

Post by Guest Fri May 11 2012, 09:39

i think hes good but we shouldt have a player that starts everygame
    ade starts every game and playes every minute unless we winning 4 0.

we need 3 top strikers all challengin for a place

defoe and saha are not good enough to start games
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Fri May 11 2012, 18:00

Its a total myth that players cant play every game , its where consistency is born ,most chelski players have played 50+ games this season, if a players gets injured its not because he's been played to much injuries happen .

It wasn't so long ago lought we were moaning that redknapp swapped and changed it to much , or defeo wasn't scoring why was he still in the team, then we get ade on loan defoe gets dropped and now we are moaning why didnt arry bring on defoe against villa , we can't have it all ways mate, at the end of the day its not the players fault we lose games its the managers , if an army loses a battles the general gets the blame ?
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Fri May 11 2012, 21:32

Like Vis , I think Adybayor is good but not as good as he thinks he's worth and Berbatov he aint . He's been better than anything we've had since the Bulgarian, with build-up play that the other strikers we've had such as Defoe , Pav & Crouch, just are'nt, wernt capable of.

I am a little dissapointed with his goal return but I dont blame him entirely for it . I feel, at Spurs our strikers and our attacking play in general, all to often is in it for personal glory rather than what's best for the team . This for me has been a big failing in Harry's time at Spurs and he's never clamped down on it . All to often I feel we've seen that, 'why the feck didnt you pass to me instead of shoot look' on the faces of our players. The three teams above us in the League, are all above us in this part of the game.

Also , Ade is a tall sriker so you'd think he'd get a few more headed goals but he doesnt. I feel this is due to our wastefullness in our crossing from wide positions and dont get me started on our corner kicks beating the first defender.

Sign him up if we can get him to lower his wage demands and sell Defoe, but we also have to improve our set pieces and have a better team mentality with any new stikers that come in to play alongside him.

ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Sat May 12 2012, 02:43

What many seem to forget is that this is his debut season with us. What is it now, 17 goals with as many assists? Don't care who you are, that is as far from an unsuccessful season as it gets.

I would really like to see him stay personally.
    totalytot
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by totalytot Sat May 12 2012, 07:54

LOBO wrote:Sorry Guys I disagree , Ade has proved he has what it takes, his vision and touch are world class , If we can keep him I reckon next season he will bag 20+ goals , who out there is better ?

I don't agree about his touch being first class Lobs in fact I think in recent games it has been bordering on the very bad. To many times the ball bounces of his leg and goes 10 feet ahead of him and he loses it to the opposition.

His goals that he has scored have been good for us but for a striker they are few and far between.
    I don't think he is worth anything like he is paid and there is no one around who will pay it. There are so many more strikers around in Spain and Italy better than him and I hope he goes.

Mikey M
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Sat May 12 2012, 08:38

I take that point Ion but would you really offer him £175K p/week ? and is he worth that even if it was paid . . . . .
    seebee1944
    seebee1944
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by seebee1944 Sat May 12 2012, 19:18

Agree with Mikey lately his first touch has been woeful so he doesn't get a second. Vastly over rated imo
    MarkA249
    MarkA249
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by MarkA249 Sat May 12 2012, 19:46

As someone else said whos better ? i want him to stay 17 goals and all his assists you got to think the way we play Arry like a big effing Foward who can hold the ball up and bring others in thats why Defoe and Saha cant do it too small Llorente would be ideal but Barca and Man City want him. Getting back to Ade yes he must be so bad thats why he has played for Scum Man City Real Madrid lol and he can handle the Prem what if we brought a striker from Italy and he couldnt handle it egg on faces simple
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Sat May 12 2012, 22:29

vis wrote:I take that point Ion but would you really offer him £175K p/week ? and is he worth that even if it was paid . . . . .

No. That is why I said I hope he stays rather than 'pay whatever it takes Danny.'

He's a known asset to the team and, I believe, should be kept. His work rate is vastly underrated and I think we'll see better from him next season with a bit of competition, or a good partner.
    totalytot
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by totalytot Mon May 14 2012, 04:00

MarkA249 wrote:As someone else said whos better ? i want him to stay 17 goals and all his assists you got to think the way we play Arry like a big effing Foward who can hold the ball up and bring others in thats why Defoe and Saha cant do it too small Llorente would be ideal but Barca and Man City want him. Getting back to Ade yes he must be so bad thats why he has played for Scum Man City Real Madrid lol and he can handle the Prem what if we brought a striker from Italy and he couldnt handle it egg on faces simple

Yes he has played for all those clubs Mark but not for long. After a season they moved him on.
    He's been good fore us this year but I don't think he's the answer if we expect to progress in the Prem and CL with the money we would have to pay him we can do better.

He would be fine as a squad player but he's to costly for that and he would want regular games.

Mikey M

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Jul 07 2024, 05:59