The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Wasted season - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Wasted season - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Wasted season - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Wasted season - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Wasted season - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Wasted season - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Wasted season - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Wasted season - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Wasted season - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Wasted season - Page 2 Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+6
BazSpur
vis
philip
shearspur
anicoll5
LOBO
10 posters

Wasted season

BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Wasted season - Page 2 Empty Re: Wasted season

Post by BazSpur Mon May 21 2012, 11:03

Loughtonlegend wrote:its good enought for both manchester clubs

they didnt put a weak team out

f*cking spot on Lought. We should go for it.
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Mon May 21 2012, 19:15

shearspur wrote:lets be honest here, we finished 4th, and if chelsea had lost last night we would all be pretty happy now and looking at this season from a different angle.the england thing f*cked us up in the head of players, i dont know why but it did, so considering the crumbling of our season i was amazed we got 4th. deep down you just knew chelsea would do it so im not suprised, thats our luck as usual.think back a few years and we have come on fantastically, and when you reach higher the dissapointments are more devastating when you dont get there but im content knowing we are getting there gradually rather than mid table crap we used to be served up season after season. we still have that weak underbelly and im sure teams fancy their chances against us, but going in against the likes of a*se and chelski i dont have the same fear as i used to not so long ago so somethings going right imo.lets not put to much of a damper on a decent season.bet you would have taken 4th at start of season, just happened this year it wasnt what it said on the tin. spurs luck im affraid.

Great post Shear, typical of Spurs luck, I reckon until my last breath, there wont be another team like Cheatski, that lucked out the whole Champs league campaign, but can anyone explain why they allowed Everton to still play in it after Pool won it and not us? And how come Cheatski go straight into the group stages after finishing 6th in their league?

Now we will get some third rate team from one of the lower ranked Countries that will go out in the qualifiing round.

djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Mon May 21 2012, 20:14

This is a well rounded piece

http://www.mehstg.com/view66.htm

seebee1944
    seebee1944
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by seebee1944 Mon May 21 2012, 20:54

What concerns me is that had Chelsea not stolen a result on Saturday, having finished sixth and with Europa league, they would still have been able to buy top players this summer. We on the other hand, it seems have to have Champions league to get those top players, so because we don't have the pedigree, again we are left to scrabble for scraps, and the liklihood of finding another bargain like VDV are remote. In all honesty Chelsea have been poor this season yet everything went for them in the CL, would anyone have put money on both Messi and Robben missing penalties.
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Mon May 21 2012, 21:25

seebee1944 wrote:

What concerns me is that had Chelsea not stolen a result on Saturday, having finished sixth and with Europa league, they would still have been able to buy top players this summer. We on the other hand, it seems have to have Champions league to get those top players, so because we don't have the pedigree, again we are left to scrabble for scraps, and the liklihood of finding another bargain like VDV are remote. In all honesty Chelsea have been poor this season yet everything went for them in the CL, would anyone have put money on both Messi and Robben missing penalties.

The only thing we can hope for now is that having won ALL domestic trophies now, the Russian gets bored with his plaything and cant be arsed with the new fair play financial rules and buggers off, however according to the papers they are still paying fortunes and huge wages for players, so I guess not!!

totalytot
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by totalytot Mon May 21 2012, 23:28

It was probably the most unusal season ever.The CL final looking like an all Spanish affair with Real and Barca a cert for the final and in the end both blowing out.

City looking like losing the title then getting it back then almost losing it until the last minute of the last game. The a*se going to finish either 5th or 6th and makeing 3rd in the end.

Chelsea finishing 6th and no CL next season then go and win the f*cking thing and technically pushing us to 5th and Europa league.

Liverpool finishing 9th and then sacking the"King".... their words not mine.

Yep a real topsy turvy season and for a nuetral exciting stuff but for a Spurs supporter one of the worst ever in terms of dissapointment. We should be used to it by now with the false dawns we have had over the years but the reality is we BLEW IT big time and I wonder if this time we will recover.

My hope is Redknapp goes and we unearth a couple of gems like we did with Berbatov and Modric and we get a manager who knows how to change a team or tacics when things are not going so well.

I don't see Redknapp going of his own free will but he has only a year left on his contract and I have feeling Levy will wait and see what happens next season before he renews it.

So a lot of highs and lows for us Spurs fans but if we are truthful the end was like watching a different team than the one that started the season.We did this year more than a lot of years think it was our time. The press, players and managers from other clubs all gave us such praise and said we were THE team.Perhaps we (Spurs)got to carried away in the end with all the hype.

But for me I am more dissapointed this year than I have been for a lot of years.

Mikey M
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Mon May 21 2012, 23:46

Strange how the likes of Modric and Bale have to assess their futures when it was their alarming dip in form that contributed to our slide.

Trouble with Modric is Cheatski have bought Marin and on the verge of Hazard and after we rebuffed them last season, I dont him going to them, would be the shortest midfield in prem history. Scholes has just resigned for a year, does Luka want to be rotated with a 37 year old and do Citeh really need him?
    So if his really determined to go this time, it has to be abroad.

anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Tue May 22 2012, 01:04

The desperate poverty of the midfield at Trafford Park seem to me a more likely destination for Modric

All comes down to cash though
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Tue May 22 2012, 01:19

anicoll5 wrote:The desperate poverty of the midfield at Trafford Park seem to me a more likely destination for Modric

All comes down to cash though

Yep, you can forget about the "you will always be in my heart" when someone waves anything from 150 to 200k a week under your nose!!

peader50
    peader50
    4th Division
    4th Division

Post by peader50 Tue May 22 2012, 03:36

BazSpur wrote:
    Loughtonlegend wrote:its good enought for both manchester clubs

they didnt put a weak team out

f*cking spot on Lought. We should go for it.
    yeah but if we put out our usual ist team / reserves we won't win it be honest can you see redknapp putting out a full strength side not me he will be afraid of falling off the pace in the prem

Post by Guest Tue May 22 2012, 04:01

he will if we get to the later stages just like he does in the cup

anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Tue May 22 2012, 04:29

Does not matter which team Arry put out

There is no excuse in not being able to get one of the top two spots in a group consisting of Rubin Kazan, PAOK Salonika and Shamrock Rovers

He and Spuds players deserve stick for that pathetic effort
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Tue May 22 2012, 08:34

Ok you play qualifying games then group/league stages then knockout home & away. Oh sh*t I forgot we ain't in the C/L are we ? How much more different in format is the Europa ? None. Go for it Redknapp or always be remembered as a failure . . . . . .

Post by Guest Tue May 22 2012, 09:08

yep. i mean i can understand resting a couple or players or have them on the bench

no point playing to many kids.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Jul 07 2024, 06:06